News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Fullfilling Requests

Started by babs99, February 25, 2011, 11:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babs99

Hi there! I'm really new to this so I'm not entirely sure if I've done the right thing but I've read your "fullfilling the Request" project thread and I think this was what I was meant to do...

(if people have time to do them) These are my requests:
-Multiple songs: "Boss Battle" or "Sinistrals Battle" or "Creature Battle" all from Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals [SNES]

Also, there are heaps of REALLY Awesome songs on your site that don't have any PDF files attatched. If I could request PDF files for:
-"Ridely" Super Metroid [SNES]
-"Title Screen" Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]
-and there are other metroid songs that I'd like to have sheet music made for but I don't want to push my request over the limit! Haha. Oh, by the way, this site is AMAZING!!!!

P.S. "The Great Pokemon Medley" (in Pokemon Blue, Red or Yellow) has a PDF link but it doesn't work for me... I'm not sure if that's because of my computer or if it's a problem with the site but just thought I'd let you know.
Cheers!

WiiMan96

Let me start by saying welcome to NSM! :D

The Fulfilling the Requests Project is our way of tracking requests made in this part of the forum and making sure we get to all of them eventually. For example, I'll be adding your Lufia requests to the list soon enough so we don't forget.

As for the PDFs, we've got a conversion project going on so all the sheets on the site will have PDFs eventually. Of course if those converting the sheets are really nice they might prioritise the Metroid section for you, OR you can download Finale Reader for free to access the MUS files which can also play back the sheet in real time. You have to make an account on that site though, but once it's done they don't hassle you.

The Great Pokemon Medley PDF link IS screwed up, and people have noticed. I'm not quite sure how we're going about fixing it though. :P

Winter

For some reason there's 2 Great Pokemon Medley's

One under RBY and one at the bottom of the page.

Neither work, but if someone would like to tell me if they are the same, I can delete one entry, and If I can be given the working PDF, MUS, and MIDI, I can fix the entry.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Offkey

Since I'm kind of bored, I'll convert all the Metroid stuff now, don't know when it'll be up though, I have no means of actually uploading it to the site, but will edit this post with an external download link.

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?znhgwn8b99ckrrj
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

babs99

Wow! Thanks Everyone! This is really awesome! I now have Final Reader and it is amazing! (However for some reason my computer can no longer open the MID folder things for any song on the entire site. Probably just because my computer is really bad.... But it doesn't really matter because if I want to listen to them I can just open them up in Final Reader! YAY!)
Thanks again everyone!

Oh! And here are some links to what the Lufia II songs sound like! I love these songs sooo much!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBnYGYa6l3M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vExjkRK6LtE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45uvU1ta8WE&feature=related

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: winterkid09 on February 26, 2011, 09:42:38 AMFor some reason there's 2 Great Pokemon Medley's

One under RBY and one at the bottom of the page.

Neither work, but if someone would like to tell me if they are the same, I can delete one entry, and If I can be given the working PDF, MUS, and MIDI, I can fix the entry.
Quote from: Shadoninja on February 26, 2011, 09:59:41 AMthey're different.

They're supposed to be the same thing. For some reason, it doesn't want to upload. Perhaps the file size is too large? I dunno. Bother JaMaHa with this one.

WiiMan96

Some time ago I tried submitting a MUS file 110KB large, and it wouldn't upload. I lost the song but that's not the point. :P There might be a file size cap on the uploader. Easily fixable if that's the case.

babs99

Hey. Just wondering, where do I go to check whether songs are in progress or finished or if they were just impossible to do and have been thrown out? What I'm trying to ask is; Is there a specific place in this forums section where I can view the progress of certain songs? Like a site that tells me when certain songs have been accepted by someone to try and make sheet music for them... and then tells me when those songs are finished.

WiiMan96

There's no real organisation in that regard - if you make a request, usually if someone takes it they'll post in the thread saying so, and post back when they're finished. (Ooorr... they don't post back in months, in which case you usually squeak "where's my sheet, mr. nice person?" and they say "GRAAWR I FORGOT" or similar. Depends.) There used to be an In Progress thread but that was mainly so two arrangers didn't work on the same song at once. Besides, it'd take more time to keep updating that kinda thing than it would just to arrange the piece. :P

tl;dr: No.