News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Spelling Errors, Wrong Links, Corrupted/Missing Files - OLD THREAD

Started by Winter, February 13, 2011, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

This thread is out of date. Click below for new thread.

NEW THREAD

SlowPokemon

Sootopolis sounds cooler without City :D and it's not that big a deal, but I see your point.

Magna=big/great (in Latin), so magma would of course be better...

Also, glad to see that "Silph" is spelled correctly now. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

Is it ok if I post some other typos here? I'm pretty sure Pokemon isn't the only culprit on this front. I think some duplicate arrangements are still hanging around on the site too, even after they were replaced. I don't mind combing the site and looking for these later today if it would help.
Guitar and video games.

Winter

@Sekter77: Yes absolutely!

May I also point out the 2 Bicycle themes?

Sekter77

Here are the other ones I picked out. It's possible I missed some though so keep your eyes open. If I'm wrong on any of these feel free to correct me.

Fixed.

--SM64:
Haunted Merry should be replaced by -> Haunted Merry-go-round.

--Super Mario World 2:
Flower Garden and Make Eggs, Throw Eggs. Neither of these are arrangements really better than the other, but I guess Flower Garden should stay.
--Ocarina of Time:
Chest Open should be replaced by -> Open Treasure Chest.

--Oracle of Ages and Seasons:
Fairies Fountain and Impas Odd Arrival. The one with the apostrophes in the title should stay.

--Minish Cap:
Minish Village and Story (both were by G-Han) have both been replaced by WarioMan's versions.

--Goldeneye:
I don't know if this is a typo from the game, but "Kirghizstan" should be spelled Kyrgyzstan.

--The two Soul Calibur 3 sections should be combined.
--"Earth Worm" Jim section should be spelled with just two words -> ("Earthworm Jim").
Guitar and video games.

Winter

Quote from: Sekter77 on February 14, 2011, 06:47:49 PM--Minish Cap:
Minish Village and Story (both were by G-Han) have both been replaced by WarioMan's versions.

Is that bad?

The Deku Trombonist

Fixed these:
Super Mario 64 - Haunted Merry-Go-Round
Minish Cap - Minish Village/Story
Oracle of Seasons/Ages - Impa's Odd Arrival

Winter

The Deku Trombonist

Winter

Jub3r7

Hurray, ty winter. Don't know why I didn't do some of those myself. :P

Also didn't notice the Sotopolis one.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Cobraroll

Fixed.

Touhou7: Perfect Cherry Blossom:
- Phantom Ensemble is spelled "Enemble"

Pokémon Red/Blue:
- Jigglypuff Song -> Jigglypuff's Song
 - Pokecenter -> Poké Center

Entire Pokémon section:
 - Fix the é in appropriate places! (this will take forever, but I'll get started if the other mods think it's worth it.)

Pokémon Colosseum:
Miror. B. Battle -> Miror B. Battle (no dot after Miror)

Pokémon DPP:
- Floraroma Town -> Floaroma Town
- Route 205(Duet) should preferrably have a space between 205 and (Duet), like the rest of the duets on site.

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire:
- Little Root Town(Duet) -> Littleroot Town (Duet)

This one might not go well with the code, but I feel like I should point out that the Touhou 6 song, "U.N. Owen Was Her?" is spelled with a question mark. Though, I would understand why the site spells it without one. Same goes for the é in Pokémon, really. (We should ask Dude)
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

A) IT IS NOT FREAKING POKECENTER OR POKE CENTER OR WHATEVER. I will attempt to say it calmly.

POKéMON CENTER POKéMON CENTER POKéMON CENTER

I know that sounds petty but THAT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FROM THE VERY FIRST TIME I SAW THAT ON THE SITE

B) Everything that he said, except I don't care so much about the é.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

Don't (Pokewhatever's) have [Poké] written on the outside?

Implying Pokécenter :P

Cobraroll

^No, actually, I did some research. Slow is right, it is Pokémon Center, with no official way of shortening it.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.