News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Spelling Errors, Wrong Links, Corrupted/Missing Files - OLD THREAD

Started by Winter, February 13, 2011, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on September 12, 2012, 11:06:17 AMI did actually think of suggesting to half all the note values (8ths to 16ths etc), but that's ALOT of work for Deku, since there's nothing in Finale that lets you do that in mass. Stating cut time and 125 half notes per minutes still gets the point across about the beat.

Still, I do agree with you. The ideal form of this sheet would be 125 quarters per minute in 4/4 with 16ths in the bass.
Select all measures, "Utilities->Change->Note Durations...->Change all note durations by: "50%""

Quote from: Bespinben on September 12, 2012, 12:25:28 PMOh no no no, I totally get what you mean.

...actually, I think if you have FL Studio, you can work some magic with the note durations in mass, or something like that. Shado did something like that when Bubbles wrote a 12/8 song in 4/4.
At the end of the piano roll there's a little circle that stretches the notes.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Bespinben on September 12, 2012, 11:06:17 AMI did actually think of suggesting to half all the note values (8ths to 16ths etc), but that's ALOT of work for Deku, since there's nothing in Finale that lets you do that in mass. Stating cut time and 125 half notes per minutes still gets the point across about the beat.

Still, I do agree with you. The ideal form of this sheet would be 125 quarters per minute in 4/4 with 16ths in the bass.

Sure there is: Utilities -> Change -> Note Durations...

I'll get on to it.

Bespinben

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 12, 2012, 04:05:41 PMSure there is: Utilities -> Change -> Note Durations...

.................. *facepiano*

...wish I had known that before writing up my newest revision of PMD2 "I Don't to Say Goodbye" from a few submissions updates back XD
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Posting this here because Bespinben told me to :3

The song under Pokemon Gold/Silver "Violet City" is the same song that plays in Olivine City, so would you could just put a slash there? The same thing with Azeala town (Blackthorn City), Cherrygrove City (Mahogany Town), Ecruteak City (Cianwood City), Saffron City (Viridian City, Pewter City, Cerulean City, Cinnabar Island), and maybe more but thats all I see.

Bespinben

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 14, 2012, 01:36:08 PMThe song under Pokemon Gold/Silver "Violet City" is the same song that plays in Olivine City, so would you could just put a slash there? The same thing with Azeala town (Blackthorn City), Cherrygrove City (Mahogany Town), Ecruteak City (Cianwood City), Saffron City (Viridian City, Pewter City, Cerulean City, Cinnabar Island), and maybe more but thats all I see.

According to NSM standards, if there is an official release of a soundtrack, the title of an arrangement should use the name provided in the official soundtrack's track listing.

In the case here, there is no official OST release for the music of GSC. However, there is a release of the soundtrack of HGSS, its remake, which is about as close as you can get to having an OST release for GSC. Looking at the page here (http://vgmdb.net/album/15237), the HGSS Super Music Collection album lists track 22 "Kikyo City" (that is, "Violet City") as just that. No slashes, no alternate titles.

It may seem as if I'm contradicting myself now, as many of arrangements do indeed have slashes and alternate titles. This is because such arrangements are of music that have no official OST, so I have to rely on fanmade names. Such is the case of my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team arrangements.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Im not saying that the song has multiple names, just that the song is used for different cities. I was looking for the sheet music to play for Olivine City and I couldnt find it, and I had no idea that it was the same song as Violet City. The website does the same thing for Heartgold/Soulsilver "Route 47/48" or Diamond and Pearl's "Dialga/Palkia Appears", so I thought we could do it for these too. I think that would make more sense than have two seperate mus/midi/pdf things for the exact same file (except the name change)

Shadoninja

Should we append "version" to the end of the main pokemon games? I think we should. It wouldn't be hard to do it  either.

JDMEK5

I agree. Version should have a capital "V" as well. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Cobraroll

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 22, 2012, 07:52:18 AMShould we append "version" to the end of the main pokemon games? I think we should. It wouldn't be hard to do it  either.

Doesn't that involve removing all the sheets currently listed under "Pokémon (something)" and make a new "Pokémon (something) Version" category, then re-upload all the sheets? I seem to recall that JaMaHa once said changing the name of games in the database was a really tedious affair.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

JDMEK5

Shoot, you're right. I only thought of the main game category-heading-thing.

As for changing the sheets as well.. That would be sweet, but everything in proper priorities I suppose..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 26, 2012, 01:08:55 PMDoesn't that involve removing all the sheets currently listed under "Pokémon (something)" and make a new "Pokémon (something) Version" category, then re-upload all the sheets? I seem to recall that JaMaHa once said changing the name of games in the database was a really tedious affair.
Yes under the current system. I'm sure that it'll be easier when the new system is implemented.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 26, 2012, 07:08:16 PMShoot, you're right. I only thought of the main game category-heading-thing.

As for changing the sheets as well.. That would be sweet, but everything in proper priorities I suppose..
I could do it in a few hours, I'd just need to have all of the MUS files in one folder.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 28, 2012, 07:46:51 PMI could do it in a few hours, I'd just need to have all of the MUS files in one folder.
Might actually take me a few days because I have to at least format each sheet.

In the mean time, how does everyone feel about these?:

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Version
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Version
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Version
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Version
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Version
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Version
Pokémon Black and White Version
Pokémon Black and White Version 2

Game Freak, Nintendo, The Pokémon Company(with some exceptions) © [year]
http://www.ninsheetm.us

JDMEK5

Looks great, but what about those pieces that are exclusive to games like Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum? Ones that aren't featured in their "orthodox" counterparts.
(e.g. Battle Tower - Pokémon Crystal Version)
Maybe we make the categories as you suggested, but have a little something in parentheses?
So the example above would be under 'Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Version', but after the title [of the song], would have "(Crystal Version)". Indicating that it's only found in Pokémon Crystal.
The sheet would have only Pokémon Crystal listed as the only game name, instead of all three.

Also, is Game Freak supposed to be listed as a copyright owner? I've always been confused by that. It seems like it should, but under "what should your sheet look like", it says only the publishers. Of which, Game Freak is not. So I've always gone directly by the rules and left it out.

I hate to add more to this, but I think all the battle themes should be lined up nicely. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it's kind of annoying having to go down the list to who-knows-where to find a battle theme, when it would be nice if they all were lined up nice and neat.
My point is, while the sheets are being changed anyways, the title of each battle theme should be changed to: "Battle! (insert opponent)".
If we kept it like that, they would all be grouped together in alphabetical order, the way they are now.
It's not the most important thing, but I've sorta waited for the right time to bring it up. I think that time is now. While the sheets are already being modified anyways.

Don't get me wrong Shado, I'm extremely exited and grateful that this is actually happening, and I didn't mean to throw more on your plate; I just think this is the easiest time to do something like that.

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 28, 2012, 07:46:51 PMI could do it in a few hours, I'd just need to have all of the MUS files in one folder.
Say the word, and I'll have it done.

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 31, 2012, 09:41:54 AMLooks great, but what about those pieces that are exclusive to games like Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum? Ones that aren't featured in their "orthodox" counterparts.
(e.g. Battle Tower - Pokémon Crystal Version)
Maybe we make the categories as you suggested, but have a little something in parentheses?
So the example above would be under 'Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Version', but after the title [of the song], would have "(Crystal Version)". Indicating that it's only found in Pokémon Crystal.
The sheet would have only Pokémon Crystal listed as the only game name, instead of all three.

Also, is Game Freak supposed to be listed as a copyright owner? I've always been confused by that. It seems like it should, but under "what should your sheet look like", it says only the publishers. Of which, Game Freak is not. So I've always gone directly by the rules and left it out.

I hate to add more to this, but I think all the battle themes should be lined up nicely. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it's kind of annoying having to go down the list to who-knows-where to find a battle theme, when it would be nice if they all were lined up nice and neat.
My point is, while the sheets are being changed anyways, the title of each battle theme should be changed to: "Battle! (insert opponent)".
If we kept it like that, they would all be grouped together in alphabetical order, the way they are now.
It's not the most important thing, but I've sorta waited for the right time to bring it up. I think that time is now. While the sheets are already being modified anyways.

Don't get me wrong Shado, I'm extremely exited and grateful that this is actually happening, and I didn't mean to throw more on your plate; I just think this is the easiest time to do something like that.
Say the word, and I'll have it done.
I don't know if they should have their own category on the site, but definitely any song that only appears in one version will have that indicated on the sheet.

For the copyright information, I put Developer(s) and Publisher(s) in that order.

I'm going through each sheet and renaming them according to their respective soundtrack title according to vgmdb.net, so all battle themes will begin with "Battle!".

I've already downloaded each file and sorted them in folders.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements