Clanker37's Arrangements

Started by Clanker37, February 11, 2011, 06:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

I don't think I'm able to offer criticism, but your arrangements are amazing, so I doubt you need any.  :)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

I absolutely love your "Oil Field Hideout" arrangement! Completely forgot that the Ranger series have good music too.
But are you sure that in "Windblown Wilderness" those are the exact chords, in all the right hand? Don't sound right to me. Could be wrong though.

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 06, 2012, 05:46:26 AMI think Cyndaquazy already arranged Trainer School a couple of years ago, but it never made it to the site, so thanks for doing it!

I did, and it's already on site. Check it out.  :)

Clanker37

Quote from: FireArrow on January 27, 2013, 11:10:17 AMI don't think I'm able to offer criticism, but your arrangements are amazing, so I doubt you need any.  :)
Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 27, 2013, 01:49:01 PMI absolutely love your "Oil Field Hideout" arrangement! Completely forgot that the Ranger series have good music too.
Aww, thanks guys. :3

Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 27, 2013, 01:49:01 PMBut are you sure that in "Windblown Wilderness" those are the exact chords, in all the right hand? Don't sound right to me. Could be wrong though.
May I ask where?

DonValentino

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 27, 2013, 07:54:54 PMMay I ask where?

The chords of the right hand. From measure 6. I'm not exactly sure if those are the correct chords.
Oh, and I checked the original, and those chords are one octave higher.

The Deku Trombonist

I know I'm a bit behind the times  :P but on your isle o hags replacement I'm pretty sure it should be a Bb in the RH in bar 84 (I think it's 84, I'm on my phone...). Other than that it looks pretty good

The Deku Trombonist

Maybe someone who actually knows about piano can double check this, but I think that bit at bar 69 (childish giggle) is pretty much unplayable.

The Deku Trombonist

Yep, it just needs some tidying up.

I'd consider moving the grace notes in bars 31 & 63 because the upper part is kinda like the new melody so it sounds better if ornaments etc belong to the top, unless of course you've got a particular reason for doing so.

And you can use dotted crotchet rests on the beat in bars 12, 27, 59, 88, 100. Just as a consistency thing, as I noticed you used them in other places too.

fingerz

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 31, 2013, 07:43:13 AMBumptidty Boomp Bump Beep

Pokemon X/Y

Route 4/5/6/7

I love this song. So much.
Sorry Clanker! I did a version of this too... I didn't know you'd already done it. :( It's pleasing to see that we've got some rather similar parts in there, though. The other arrangement of AZ scared me in it's differences... XDD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

fingerz

Excellent work with the Isle 'O Hags, Clanker! For some strange reason, it reminds me of Dusk Forest... XD It's been a while since  I've looked at other people's arrangements, so I apologise... I'll have a look at your other ones too and let you know how they are as well! :D Oh yeah, your Route 4 arrangement is great too, by the by. :)

Question: Why DO you arrange? What makes you want to arrange? Think hard on that and let me know. :D
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

Thanks! Maybe it's that they both are in 6/8 and use a Crotchet, Quaver rhythm in their base lines? Maybe?

Anyway, I arrange because it's the only way I can express my feelings of greatness towards a piece. If a piece doesn't do it, then I won't arrange it. Simples.

I can't help but get the feeeling like I'm somehow completing your homework or something. I'm on to you fingerz...

fingerz

Yeah, they're in similar time signatures (or in the same, I can't remember)... XD

I agree too! I always get an urge to arrange a damn-good piece. It feels so good to do it too! :D

Hahahaha! Noooo, this isn't for any homework task, I'm just doing it to see what motivates people to arrange. It's nice to see that we all do it for different reasons. :)