Clanker37's Arrangements

Started by Clanker37, February 11, 2011, 06:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korados

What you first need are triplets to get rid of all those dotted eights, it would be pretty annoying for the piano player to count them out, if you you use triplets the player knows that the eights are to be played equally.

spitllama

Clanker are you still going to arrange Banjo-Tooie "Hall of the Zombie King?"
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Clanker37

UPDATE

Banjo-Tooie
Grunty Industries (Inside) (Replacement) Mid Mus Pdf

Grunty Industries (Inside) (Replacement#2) [ur=http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wizx3x3olt0p55y]Mid[/url] Mus Pdf

Grunty Industries (Clinker's Cavern) Mid Mus Pdf

Grunty Industries (Underwater)Mid Mus Pdf

Well there they are. The only Grunty Industries themes that havn't been arranged by me. With (Inside) I posted 2 because the Bass is layered. The first is both in one, #2 is just one. The first one is very similar to the one on NSM presently and so I didn't want it to seem like I copied. Apart from that only (Underwater) is the least accuate; couldn't hear over the bubbles. Clinker's Cavern is a wonderous mix of other Grunty Industries themes so I enjoyed that one.

@Spitllama: Nope, MoldyPond has arranged it anyway

Korados: Like This?

Clanker37

UPDATE

Pokemon Blue/Red Rescue Team
Mt. Blaze Mid Mus Pdf

There I did it. I still don't quite understand what was the problem, Bespinben. I had nearly no trouble Soloising that(Though 11 is a bit ridiculous)

Bespinben

Really great job! Thanks a bunch  ;)  I felt making a solo would be difficult because I would have to somehow find a way to fit 4 distinct musical parts into 2-hand format, but I see you did a nice job of picking out the essential parts. I have a tough time doing that because I feel like if I leave out a part that was in the original I'm doing some kind of injustice to the song.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

This would probably have to go in the non-existent "More other" subsection within the "Other" section :P

Wow... hehe, I really don't know what to say. Really, I'm quite at a loss for words. I guess I'll take a look at it. At least your posting in your thread again, Yay!

spitllama

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 04, 2011, 12:34:17 AMUPDATE and BUMP

Thomas the Tank Engine

James' Theme Mid Mus Pdf

I had to. I just had to.

:3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Clanker37

UPDATE

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team

Credits (Solo)Mid Mus Pdf

Thomas the Tank Engine

Duck's Theme Mid Mus Mus

Henry's Sad Theme Mid Mus Pdf

Here, have some arrangements. I might also be updating the first page so it holds all my arrangements.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that Finale is being a bitch and not joining the quavers when in 12/8 time

Five bucks to the first person to give some 'real' critique on ALL my Thomas the Tank Engine arrangements

DonValentino

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 04, 2011, 12:34:17 AMUPDATE and BUMP

Thomas the Tank Engine

James' Theme Mid Mus Pdf

I had to. I just had to.

:3

lol This gives me courage to request the "Flaming Moes" song from the Simpsons  ;D
Nice song and arrangement btw.

pumpy_heart

I had to check out the Thomas arrangement's and see if I remembered any. Henry's Sad Theme sounds familiar.
But the two arrangements have some formatting issues. On both of them, text overlaps in the title. The format sizes are incorrect as well. The font isn't correct either. The copyright info on Henry's Sad Theme has the symbol twice instead of once while Duck's Theme only has the copyright symbol and no other data. I would revisit the Formatting Guidelines to fix these issues. Your arrangements would look better then and be possible to submit to the site.
Musically speaking, Henry's Sad Theme is fine. Duck's Theme should be in 6/8. The Gb used throughout the piece should be respelled as F# because of the linear function as well as the harmonic function. That F# spelling clarifies that the line moves towards that G as well as the fact that the F# would tonicize a G (a Gb would not).
I figure I should listen and critique the Credits as well while I'm here (I guess I say "as well" a lot). Same issues with formatting as discussed above. It would be pretty safe to say the opening is in the key of G major. I would swap to 12/8 at measure 9. To get the quavers to bar together, I would be sure to state the key signature the correct way in Finale. You want this to be thought of as 4 beat divided into 3 notes. This is a really easy swap to do from 4/4 to 12/8. In the Time Signature changing box, keep the top note the same, showing you want the same number of beats in a bar, then scroll the bottom note until it aligns with 12/8. It should just be a simple click to the right to enlarge the time signature. Depends on what version you're using I guess.
In measure 43, use quarter rests and dotted quarter rests (crotchet and dotted crotchet, I believe). It's fine because you're in a complex time signature at this point. Redirect the stems of your second layer in bar 47 so they don't overlap (or write the 1st layer as the second and vice versa). Shows the proper voice leading.
I really enjoyed the pieces. Hope my long-winded-ness doesn't discourage you from arranging. Keep it up!

Clanker37

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 11, 2011, 08:45:00 AMlol This gives me courage to request the "Flaming Moes" song from the Simpsons  ;D
Do it.

@Pumpy_heart
Like this?

Credits

Duck's Theme

Henry's Sad Theme

And BTW here is some links to the Tomas pieces I have arranged Henry's Sad Theme, Duck's Theme, James' Theme

Bespinben

Woot! Thanks for the soloization Clanker  :D 

Oh, and pumpy_heart, it may be important for you to know that Clanker's "Credits" arrangement is a solo reduction of my duet of the same song, so if you want to look at the problems in the arranging more intently, I suggest looking at my duet arrangement. Thanks for specifying that the beginning was in G major too! However, I would have to disagree with changing the key signature to 12/8 at measure 9, since there are eighth notes being played.

Clanker37

First page has been updated with about six months of arrangements. IT'S SO PRETTY NOW