News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Help with Finale 2011 Demo!

Started by fingerz, February 11, 2011, 06:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Hi guys! I've just gotten the demo version of Finale Notepad 2011 but I'm having a bit of trouble...
I can't seem to add in stuff like a crushed note or a tempo mark when I create music, but when I open up someone else's music such as "Final Destination" by Deku, it has all the options to choose from... help? :S
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

The Deku Trombonist

Don't necessarily quote me on this because I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the options available in a document are partially related to which version of Finale was used to create the document.

Eg. In Finale (full version) there are a whole bunch of weird custom lines to choose from, but I can't use any of them if the document was created in Allegro or below.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.

Shadoninja

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 12, 2011, 03:30:47 AMDon't necessarily quote me on this because I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the options available in a document are partially related to which version of Finale was used to create the document.

it has something to do with the libraries that are loaded in the document.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

I like how you quoted him anyway. :D

Anyway, I thought that it was the version of Finale, but the library thing could also be it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Thanks guys! It just seems a little weird that on one sheet of music you can do something but not on another...
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn