News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Freeze or burn?

Started by Cobraroll, January 22, 2011, 02:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At which temperature would you rather go camping?

+40 C with 80% humidity
10 (50%)
-40 C and a strong breeze
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

universe-X

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 23, 2011, 05:03:57 PMNo offense to you, but you are FROM Georgia and therefore have no idea what cold is. Even with recent temperatures. You have no idea. So you don't completely count. Nothing against you personally. xD
That's what I say to people from Texas xD

SlowPokemon

xD And you're from pennsylvania I believe so you are good
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

fabbemannen

When I say cold, I mean cold 8)

Nakah

104 isn't really even that hot, and for camping, that'd be a great temperature for swimming, relaxing, and enjoying the outdoors.

Jub3r7

It's the humidity that sucks.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, but if it were -40, would you be able to warm up by taking a dip in a pond/pool/peaceful river/ocean/lake? Nope, didn't think so.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Time for me to chime in!

I have lived in Southern California for the past, oh, let's say 19 years and my verdict is this: It is warm year round, with hot weather peaking in the summer months. This year was a little different. The average temperature in July 2010 was around 95F and August cooled down a bit... what was terrible was Indian summer in late September where it was a hot, humid 117 Degrees and averaged around 112 the entire week.

I personally love the cold: why because you have a reason to stay inside and such. I am backing up the "rather freeze" aspect. I always loved it when we went skiing in Utah or up in British Columbia, but I hated dryland water polo in the summer, running miles in the baking sun... in our speedos. Luckily for me I don't sunburn without sun screen... I had an epic tan that is gone now. I kinda have the cold weather thing built into me. The furthest south in Europe my ancestry goes is Bavaria, and that's up in the hills. I am 50% Lithuanian, where its cold in the winter (around 0) and chilly in the summer (around 50s), but not as cold as Inuit Canada or Finland.

My favorite temperature range that I am comfortable in is 25-80. I especially hated Christmas in 2007, when it was 89... that was one hot winter

SuperFireKirby

But have you ever been in -40?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

-15 today :D I spit on the ground and watched it freeze in front of my face.

Cobraroll

^At -30, you can spit on a rock and hear it "plink" as the spit hits the rock - frozen.

Or you can throw a bucket of warm water up in the air, and have a cascade of ice falling down around you. That's -30.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

fabbemannen

Isn't it -40 when you can spit and it freezes before the ground?

SuperFireKirby

Cobra just said that would happen at -30.

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 03, 2011, 03:37:59 AMBut have you ever been in -40?

Lowest I've been in was -29F -- I was in St Petersberg with my family. I think I was wearing 5 layers that day. All I remember it was cold and my nose ran and the snot froze (This was back in the late 90s) 

fabbemannen