korbaton's arrangements (First submission 1/16/11)

Started by korbaton, January 16, 2011, 07:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korbaton

Hello, and welcome to my small corner of sheet music heaven. Not much to start with, just a little Banjo-Kazooie thing. I use Finale Notepad 2009, because I'm a college student and can't afford the real thing.

Banjo-Kazooie "10 Jiggy Fanfare"
[MUS] [MID]

MIDI added and title changed.

Winter

Just so you know, Finale 2009 had the capability of saving your files as a working MIDI, when you click save as, change the extension to .mid, and it will write it for you.

We usually accompany our sheets with MIDI's.

I'll check out this sheet tomorrow, welcome :)

Sekter77

Typically, accuracy is the most important thing when it comes to arranging around here. Fortunately, that is exactly what this arrangement has! It's a great first arrangement!

The only suggestion I have is to change the title to "Get All Jiggies" or something a little bit more specific (since the last half only plays when you collect the tenth jiggy in a world.)

If you like arranging Banjo Kazooie/Tooie stuff, that section of the site could really use some new or revised sheets and updating it would be really appreciated around here (hence the Fixing the Sheets project). Just pick out arrangements you feel are inadequate or missing and arrange away. But feel free to do whatever you like!

I'm pretty excited to hear more stuff. Thanks for joining!
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

Aww come on, the B-K section isn't that bad. Most of it's pretty good except for the B-T songs of which there aren't that many anyway.

Anyhoo, Welcome to NSM!

I'm almost inclined to say this could be split into two separate arrangements seeing as they are two distinctly different themes. I think I have an arrangement of the Collect Jiggy fanfare in my thread somewhere which perhaps you could check out. Although I now see that I missed out the little kazoo thing at the end of the second measure. I'm sure we can work something out there  ;)

On a slightly different issue, try to use Mediafire in the future for uploading your arrangements. It's free and there are no waiting times on downloads  :)

Sekter77

Well, you're probably right, they're not that bad. I guess I'm just a little more critical on the songs I like and remember from when I played the game.

A merger of the two Jiggy Collect arrangements would be a pretty cool idea actually since both have a couple of distinct differences that each work in their own way. And now that I think about it, the last half does play when you open a note door too, so it could be split off to another arrangement. But it's up to you as the arranger to decide. Either way is technically correct.
Guitar and video games.