Submissions for Jan. 25 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, January 15, 2011, 02:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

I'm gonna have to postpone this one a couple of days until I get the time to look through the bunch of stuff that just popped up in the last couple of days. Hopefully not for too long but it just depends how much time I get at the computer.

Closing submissions seems a little unfair right now, so I suppose if you want to post more stuff, you still can.

DonValentino

Hi there! I wanted to finish my latest arrangements before submitting.
Here they go:

NEW
          -DS-    M & L: PiT --- Koopaseum MUS MIDI
          -DS-    M & L: PiT --- Hollijolli Village MUS MIDI
          -NES-  Mother --- Introduction       MUS MIDI

REPLACEMENTS
          -GBA- Zelda: Minish Cap
                       Droplets Temple           MUS      MIDI
                       Story                        MUS        MIDI
                       Minish Village             MUS      MIDI
          -GC- Mario Kart: DD --- Baby Park             MUS  MIDI
          -GB/GBC- Zelda: Link´s Awak. --- Anglers Tunnel  MUS  MIDI
          -GBC- Zelda: Oracle of A/S --- Fairy Fountain MUS MIDI

:o Those were a lot... Hope they are OK!  :)

Deku:
Koopaseum: Accepted, but watch your use of the second layer, some of it is unnecessary.

Hollijolli Village: Accepted. Nice use of the 8vb at the beginning of each measure, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Introduction: Accepted but I fixed a few enharmonic things. Those Db's are actually C#'s.

That'll do for now, I'll keep looking later.

Droplets Temple: Accepted but just remember that pedal markings go under the left hand.

Story: Accepted, but it had some small enharmonic things that needed changing. Eg, the last chord is an A Major chord, so insteading of having Db's, you need C#'s

Minish Village: Pretty much the same as above.

SMW Overworld: I'm not really sure where the left hand comes from. I've got the original SNES soundtrack sitting next to me and the bass sounds a fair bit different. And while you're at it, perhaps some of the rhythms could be grouped a little better so you can see where most of the beats are within each measure.

Baby Park: Accepted.

Anglers Tunnel: I'll accept it but you've hardly changed anything so it's not really fair to credit you for it.

Fairy Fountain: Same thing again. You actually haven't changed the notes, just made it look better and that's not enough to call it your own.

Yeah, that´s one of my doubts: If you see an arrangement that you want to correct but you don´t want to make any significant change, what should you do? Put your name and the original arranger´s? Put the original arranger´s name and yours sayin´ that you corrected it? Or maybe just only the original arranger´s name?? Man, this was confusing...

Deku:
I double-checked with one of the other updaters before I posted that, and he said if it's not much of a change, than it's not fair to credit yourself. Look at the Majora's Mask Section. I went through that and fixed up every single sheet but they don't all have my name on it because some of them only got minor changes like articulation and formatting. The ones that do have my name on it, I pretty much did from scratch, or thereabouts.

WarioMan98:
OK, thanks! But... Do I have to reupload those replacements again? Or did you already correct them? ??? If it´s the second one, thanks again! :)
Of course, I will reupload the ones in my thread.

Deku:
Small things, like layout, formatting, maybe the odd wrong notes, I generally fix myself. Anything that involves going through the whole thing and rewriting sections, I don't do. So, I think the only one of yours that needs fixing up by you is SMW Overworld.

Wario98:
So... I have to resubmit it corrected, right?

Deku:
I suppose so. Not that it really matters, seeing as you can submit as many replacements as you want.

Wario98:
OK, then! But I prefer waiting for the next update, just to have more time. :)

fingerz

This is AWESOME! Just keep the M&L: BIS and M&L: PiT arrangements comming in guys. You know how to keep me happy!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Composer #40

Very late I know. I've been working on my march.

[PSX] Mega Man X6 - "Metal Shark Player Stage" - Commander6 (midi)
[PSX] Mega Man X6 - "Rainy Turtloid Stage" - Commander6 (midi)
[PSX] Mega Man X6 - "Shieldner Sheldon Stage" - Commander6 (midi) <- THIS ONE >:( >:(

Deku:
I'ma gonna get there in the end...

Metal Shark: Accepted. Man I love those chords at the beginning. So Sweet.

Rainy Turtloid Stage: Accepted.

It happens Every. Day!

Olimar12345

havent been transcribing lately, been preoccupied with life-only four:

Replacement
[Wii]-MP3-Battle with Gandrayda- MUS Midi
[NES]-Metroid-Norfair- MUS Midi
[Wii]-Super Mario Galaxy 2-Sky Station- MUS Midi

NEW
pc-Cave Story-Jenka 2- MUS Midi

Deku:

Gandrayda: Accepted
Norfair: The one on the site is fine as far as I can tell.
Sky Station: You got some unplayable bits there in the section beginnning at 9 where there are 2 voices.

Jenka 2: Accepted.
Cool Cool Mountain: I asked some of the other updaters to compare all 3 versions and they said it was better if I uploaded my version.

OLIMAR
norfair-someone edited my piece-its not supposed to have all those time changes in it, and whoever did it did a half-assed job >:/
skystation-we've been through this-we ended up putting the doubled note in parentheses because it doesnt really matter which hand plays it...all i did was change the dynamics issue and some formatting crap.
c.c.m.-im ok with that, i trust that urs is superior :)

Deku:
Norfair: Go back to the original and count. Or put a pause on the last rest of the measure before the long rest.

Sky Station: Have we? Oh, ok. I'll go back and look at it a little later today, I'm a little busy atm.

OLIMAR12345

ok norfairs good nm then.

Deku:
Alrighty, I'll accept sky station. Just don't go taking down the links just yet, my internets giving me the shits for the moment.

Got it now.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

dahans

SM64 (duet) princess secret slide :
MUS: http://www.mediafire.com/?6k8qmtvmn3db613
MIDI: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmgaueddmxggoh9

Cool cool mountain (replacement)
[MUS] [MIDI]

Pokemon Ruby Saphir: end theme
[MUS] [MIDI]

New Super Mario Bros wii: underwater
[MUS] [MIDI]

Deku:
Slide Duet: Accepted.

Cool Cool Mountain: I asked some of the other updaters to compare all 3 versions and they said it was better if I uploaded my version.

End Theme: A little cramped in some places but I fixed that. Accepted.

Underwater: Can the giant chords be cut down to manageable size or written as an arpeggio? Or something else?

DAHANS: Sure. That would be no problem, do you mean those chords near the end? (I can play them btw, but if you want me to change them , I have no problem with it) And BTW: you're cool cool mountain is in the wrong key. It's c major and not F major ;).

Deku:
Cool Cool Mountain: Oh that, that was a relatively old version. I can never really be bother updating my thread these days. I suppose I should, some day.

End Theme: It's just that I'm not really supposed to accept giant chords piled on top of each other. You can keep all the notes there, just write in such a way that doesn't invlove them all ontop of each other.

DAHANS: Alright! Changed it!

Deku:
Woops, I just realised I wrote End Theme just above instead of Underwater. Err...I can't really see any difference. Did the file save/upload properly?

DAHANS: yep I changed those "giant chords"... or did you mean other "giant chords"^^?

Deku:
Underwater: Ummm.. maybe I was a little unclear, I dunno. But I'm talking about the chords in the very last bar which span for well over an octave in each hand.

DAHANS: Oh^^ I am sorry xD. That's my fault! I fixed it!

Deku:
Alrighty, all good then
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Olimar12345

Quote from: olimar12345 on January 26, 2011, 04:01:14 PMyour cool cool mountain is RIDDLED with theory mistakes-for one you should always be able to see the middle of a measure.
other than that you have mistakes in the rhythm of the piece and some notes-u might wanna give it a good look over  :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

New

[NDS] Spirit Tracks: Sacred Duet MIDI MUS

If any of you remember Jake Rylander working on this sheet originally, he passed it off to me, as he now has Cancer :(

Deku:
Is this all finished? Or are you still implementing Olimar's suggestions or something else entirely?

I am going to make a few changes and submit it next time around.

Deku:
Ok

Olimar12345

dahans

SlowPokemon

No, he just wants to help people before Deku sees them. :P Chances are he's right.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

WiiMan96

Quote from: dahans on January 30, 2011, 06:56:41 AMAre you an updater Olimar?

You're being a stubborn, ignorant jerk at the moment. Do yourself a favour and swallow your pride. Olimar's trying to help you, and if you can't take some constructive criticism then either get used to it or reconsider your stand as an arranger, or a musician altogether. Believe it or not, your work can actually be improved.

...sorry about plaguing your topic, Deku.

dahans

What do you mean? I was just wondering wether olimar is an updater or not, because olimar sent winterkid a personal message.
... that's all...
And if you have any problems with that I don't really care, ok?
Even though some of my arrangements need improvement, I don't like to change them because one person doesn't like them. That's the way I arrange... even if it's "riddled with mistakes". When it's accepted I am happy... if it's not accepted it's ok too. There are plenty of other sites who would be glad if I submitted my arrangements there. If you want to I can leave immediately.

Winter

We don't need tension between anyone here, it's a community project, it's art, and it's not going to help to talk down to somebody.

Olimar did send me a pm with a few things I could fix, but hasn't half of the other members here brought up a few adjustments about other's sheets?

I don't think he's an uploader though, he would be given moderator status, I think.

Anyway, if we are going to make a judgement on another persons work, can we please make it constructive criticism? Art it really the artist's interpretation, so I could understand making a few things personal.