News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Submissions for Jan. 25 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, January 15, 2011, 02:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

You may only make one post in this topic with your submissions. Subsequent posts will be deleted. Edit your posts to respond to any comments I may have. This is not for holding discussions. General questions go in the Questions Thread. Specific questions can be PM'd.

For the next update, you may post  3 New songs + ∞ Replacements you think are ready for submission.
So basically, you can submit as many replacement arrangements as you want, but only 3 new ones.

Please indicate if your submission is a replacement, it makes things much easier.

I HAVE UPDATED THE FORMATTING GUIDELINES. READ THEM HERE AND FOLLOW THEM!

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept all or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here: Just a Mus File
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and post acceptance/rejection feedback whenever I can.
6.  On January 24th, I'll close the thread to Submissions.
7.  I'll wait 1 day if any modifications need to be made and then all accepted songs will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://www.ninsheetm.us/
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

I will post a list of accepted arrangement under here as they are accepted.

[PC] 1st Teen Story - Lollipop Love - "Today More Than Yesterday" - Qew
[PC] Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings "Menu" - WiiMan96
[N64] Banjo-Kazooie "10 Jiggy Fanfare" - Corey Kay
[PC] Cave Story - "Jenka 2" - Olimar12345
[NES] Contra - "Stage Complete" - Thomas Wilson
[NES] Contra - "Game Over" - Thomas Wilson
[NES] Contra - "End Theme" - Thomas Wilson
[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - "School House Harmony" - Sekter77
[WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns - "Life in the Mines Returns" - Bloop
[WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns - "Muncher Marathon" - Bloop
[WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns - "Music Madness" - Bloop
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - "Final Battle" - Joel Hands-Otte
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Hollijolli Village" - WarioMan98
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Koopaseum" - WarioMan98
[GCN] Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - "Baby Park" (Replacement) - WarioMan98
[PSX] Mega Man X6 - "Metal Shark Player Stage" - Commander6
[PSX] Mega Man X6 - "Rainy Turtloid Stage" - Commander6
[PSX] Mega Man X6 - "Shieldner Sheldon Stage" - Commander6
[WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - "Battle with Gandrayda" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[NES] Mother - "Introduction" - WarioMan98
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Underwater" - Dahans
[GCN] Pac-Man World 2 "Main Theme" - WiiMan96
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions - "Cyrus - Team Galactic Boss Battle" (Replacement) - Joel Hands-Otte
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Aegis Cave" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Ending Theme"  - Dahans
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Lilycove City" (Replacement)  - Dr. Pamplemousse
[N64] Super Mario 64 - "Silder (Duet)" - Dahans
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - "Sky Station" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[GCN] Tales of Symphonia - ''On the Hill this Night'' - Sipan1234
[GB] The Legend of Zelda: Link´s Awakening - "Anglers Tunnel" (Replacement) - Seeker
[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - "Fairy's Fountain and Impa's Odd Arrival" (Replacement) - Leftie
[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Droplets Temple" (Replacement) - WarioMan98
[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Minish Village" (Replacement) - WarioMan98
[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Story" (Replacement) - WarioMan98
[PC] Treasure Mountain - "Level 1" - Qew

sipan1234

ready for Submission

[GCN] Tales of Symphonia ''On the Hill this Night''  MIDI

Replacements
[GCN] Tales of Symphonia ''Fighting of the Spirit MIDI

Deku:

Accepted.

Sipan:
You mean On the Hill this Night. right?

Deku:
Yeah. I fixed up Fighting of the Spirit, sorry about that.

Sipan:
ok. but what happened? ho wait you change it

pumpy_heart

[NES] Contra - "Stage Complete" - Thomas Wilson Midi
[NES] Contra - "Game Over" - Thomas Wilson Midi
[NES] Contra - "End Theme" - Thomas Wilson Midi

New semester of college. Maybe things will be different this time around.

Deku:
Man I'm slow...

All Accepted.

Qew

[PC] "Treasure Mountain" - Level 1

Mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?122xnpzp88a53h5
Mid: http://www.mediafire.com/?cc6c1kw6fy1uj8y
PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?f9x9bqytv4ejepo

Hooray for Baroque music, best music ever.

Deku:
Acceptemibubble.

Qew:
what 'bout this?

[PC] "1st Teen Story - Lollipop Love" - Today More Than Yesterday
Mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?o769d733h3jqfw3
Midi: http://www.mediafire.com/?39n933q760s0x76
Pdf: http://www.mediafire.com/?6i16i6d8vskl69o

Deku:
Some of the rhythms are written a little weirdly but I'm happy to fix that up

Qew: oh yeah ^_^; I totally forgot about grouping them sorry I was more worried about getting the rhythms right, but thanks for fixing it.

I was listening to some sheets, this one had a wrong time sig so I fixed it
Replacement:
[GBA] Pokemon R/S/E - Lilycove City
Mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?88kv1nvalnvam5v
gah I didn't realise it went by bar number, so changing the time signature screwed everything up
Fixed Mus

Deku:
Yeah alright. Accepted.

WiiMan96

[PC] Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings "Menu" - WiiMan96
[GCN] Pac-Man World 2 "Main Theme" - WiiMan96

I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and will be gone when the update is scheduled to hit, so if there's anything wrong with these just leave them out and I'll fix it for next update.

Deku:
Menu: All good.
And the other one's good too.

korbaton

[N64] Banjo-Kazooie "10 Jiggy Fanfare" - Corey Kay
[MUS] [MID]

First submission, just a quick little thing.
Right then, links fixed and MIDI added.

Deku:
Aaaand Accepted. Yay I got through them all.

Winter

When you post a submission, korbaton, specify if the link is leading to a PDF, MIDI, or MUS. MUS is required, MIDI is preferred to be with it, and a PDF is optional.

Welcome to NSM :)

Sekter77

Better get these up before it's too late!

{SNES} Donkey Kong Country
Forest Frenzy â€" MUS - MIDI

{SNES} Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
School House Harmony - MUS - MIDI

Sorry I had to post right when you finished with the rest of the thread.

Deku:

Forest Frenzy: Needs a little fixing up. I'll PM you with what I get done. It may not be before this update though.

School House Harmony: Accepted.
Guitar and video games.

Bloop

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Music Madness
[MUS] [MID]

Life in the Mines Returns
[MUS] [MID]

Muncher Marathon
[MUS] [MID]

Deku:
Music Madness: The chord in measure 5 is unplayable and wherever else that same chord appears also needs to be fixed. Also watch that things don't collide with each other (eg decrescendo and 8vb lines). Also, for the sake of readability, perhaps the eighth note E's at the begininning and wherever else that happens could be moved into the second layer.

Life in the Mines Returns: In Measures 5-11 I think you could combine all the bits into 1 layer. It's a little untidy in its current state and a little unplayable too. Also, the left hand needs to follow a similar pattern as in Measure 8 (except with a different note on beat 3, not tied to the previous note) throughout that whole section and later on as well. I can give you a hand with that if you want but you may have to wait a little as my time at the comp is a little limited for now.

Muncher Marathon: Seems quite empty from 15 onwards. Can you try to add a little more there?

Bloop:
Aw, c'me on!

Music Madness: If you print or look at a pdf file of a arrangement, the second layer turns into black notes, if I'm right.

EDIT: changed all except those layer 2 notes, because I want to know what's the needing for that.

Deku:
Don't quite have the timne to look at them all right now but I'll explain the second layer notes thing. If you're reading it the way it currently is, on a quick glance at the low E's, you'll see two quarter notes, a half note rest and an eighth note all in one line which is a little confusing. Obivously the player will work it out eventually by looking at the way the stems are pointing and the quarter + eighth note rests etc, etc but it's generally easier to read if you can contain the bottom notes to the bottom layer and the top notes to the top layer. I know you can't always do this, but where ever possible it makes reading it a little easier.

EDIT: On quick glance they look pretty good but I'll have a better look when I can get some more time on the computer.

Nevermind. All fixed & accepted.

fingerz

Here are my submissions:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story: Final Battle MUS

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions: Cyrus - Team Galactic Boss Battle MUS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky: Aegis Cave MUS

Deku:
Final Battle: Accepted, with minor changes.

Cyrus: Accepted.

Aegis Cave: Accepted.

Just so you know, our URL is http://www.ninsheetm.us/, not http://www.ninsheetmusic.us/

And one other thing, watch for the spots where you've got long notes written in the second layer. Most of them can't actually be held down for that period so it's better not to write them that way.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

@fingerz: Could we please get links to the MIDI files when you submit your arrangements? If not, you're forcing the uploader to personally convert the MUS files to MIDI himself, and that can be a real pain when he's already trying to upload 40-50 other sheets.

Bloop

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 22, 2011, 07:48:09 AM@fingerz: Could we please get links to the MIDI files when you submit your arrangements? If not, you're forcing the uploader to personally convert the MUS files to MIDI himself, and that can be a real pain when he's already trying to upload 40-50 other sheets.

Quote from: DekuTrombonist3.  Post links to the submissions here: Just a Mus File

Winter

Wow, I never saw that. I can't Imagine how Deku would want to do that himself!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Speaking of which, I have a submission. Arranged something today.

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story [NDS]
Toad Town Caves
MIDI
MUS

Tell me whether or not I can submit it! :)

Deku:
Hmm... I dunno. It feels incomplete to me. Like with the harp bits which you've put in the right hand, there are notes missing here and there. Also, the end bit before the repeat has been cut short.  If you want a hand with it, you'll have to join onto the end of the queue of one.

Slow:
Hmm, you are right... it does feel incomplete... if you would like to help me with this, that would be great, if not, that's fine too; I don't have to submit it. Because at this point I don't so much want to go back and fix these things... xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.