Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Well I actually say the one on the site is harder to play. However, this one is accurate and easy to play, great job on this. Also thanks for 'telling' the trick for arpeggiated chords in the right and left hand using the glissando tool :P

fingerz

...The one on the site is harder to play?? It's even easier than mine! XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bloop

Quote from: fingerz on April 17, 2012, 02:43:09 PM...The one on the site is harder to play?? It's even easier than mine! XD
Oh, wait, I mixed the one on the site with one on another site. Woops.

pumpy_heart

I just read and heard your Menu Screen from Mario Kart 7. Excellent job! I couldn't believe it was different at first to be honest.
The onlyyyy suggestion I have is that you only use F naturals through the piece, not E#s. The F naturals form a Maj 9 chord with the notes (F A C E G) that your current spelling neglects. You use an F natural later when the melody has the pitch, so for both reasons, F natural should be used.

Another completely random thing, but I rarely check topics as much as I used to. But when I saw yours I was so overwhelmed by how many arrangements you've done. Keep up the good work!
Is there any way you can organize them though? I may not be the first to ask, but it would make things a lot simpler should I know exactly what games you have arranged for.

EDIT: Yep. Definitely been asked for already. So just keep on pumping out the arrangements!

fingerz

Hahahaha! Thanks pumpy! I'll fix that up for you. And yes, I'm working on changing my front page to make it easier for people to locate songs. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

fingerz

Alrighty! It's fixed! Now I just need to get around to ordering all these arrangements! XD

SlowPokemon

Comments on the SM3DL update sheets:

"Clock Tower" - you're missing the intro

"Jazzy Overworld" - good

"Jazzy Overworld (Duet)" - good

"Main Theme" - technically this song is called "Title," since the main theme is the regular Overworld theme, but the song itself looks great

"Overworld" - again, this is called "Main Theme," but it's not a huge deal; also, have you considered changing those 32nd notes to simple grace notes? It seems that that would make it a little easier on the eyes...otherwise, song looks good

All World themes look good. I find the duets to be kind of frivolous and unnecessary, but I suppose they are for far less advanced pianists? Also, the official names for the special worlds are "World S1" "World S2", etc. This would also clean up the page, making the worlds appear in chronological order.

"Staff Roll" - good

So let's see, we're still missing a lot of the soundtrack. This really helps the site get going on it though, nice job Fingerz.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Fingerz we miss you. Come back to us with more arrangements
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

I bet he's going to surprise us all with a lot great arrangements! :o

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 08, 2012, 12:39:34 AMI bet he's going to surprise us all with a lot great arrangements! :o
Hope so, Fingerz' arrangements are awesome.

wariopiano

Yes please I love :-* your arrangments!!

I f u cant decide which song u want to do next i cant wait to see coconut mall from mario kart wii!!!!

fingerz

Hahahaha! Well, I'm hard-pressed for time at the moment, but I'll see if I can squeeze in some arranging here and there for you all. :)

fingerz

Hi everyone! Just realised that I can't live without arranging music so I'm starting up business again!!! I'm currently working on changing my front page to make things easier for people to find arrangements, so expect quite a change in the near future! :P

Here's what I've just done:
1.) Fixed up both Northerly Town and Northerly Town (Duet) as they were missing a small phrase in the left hand. I noticed this because I've started learning it and it sounds rather empty without it!
2.) Added the 4 extra bars to Clock Tower (Main Theme 'cause the soundtrack I have is shit and left them out of the recording for some strange reason...
3.) Arranged Throwback Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the piano since I've already made a stage band arrangement... just made sense to do that, I guess...

Here's what I'm gonna fix up:
1.) I'm going to go back and see if I can change the bass line in Gurgle Gulch since it makes NO SENSE AT ALL after the main theme has passed. I want to make it friendly to play as I REALLY want to be able to play it!
2.) I'm going to have to fix up Foggy Forest (Duet) because for some strange reason some of the notes have changed in the arrangement, AND some of the rhythms too. I'm not sure why, but I'm gonna fix them up and check out all the rest of my arrangements to make sure nothing has gone wrong with the rest of them!!

Also, I have a few changes to the way I'm gonna work from now on:
1.) I will not be accepting every request I'm thrown since it puts pressure on me to do it and sometimes they're even songs I don't like, which puts me off arranging. Don't feel shy to ask, though! Just 'cause I've never heard a song before doesn't mean I won't like it and consider arranging it! But that does mean I will only be arranging songs I like from now on.
2.) My TO DO list won't have an order now. I will just pick and choose what I want to do whenever, so songs will come as I feel like doing them. The song I'm currently working on will be displayed at the top of the list still.

Anyways, hope this helps! I'll only be arranging when I can, but at least you now know I'm working again! :D

Nebbles

Wow, I really liked the piano arrangement of Throwback Galaxy :D I might just learn this instead of the original Bob-Omb Battlefield...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Clanker37

Quote from: Nebbles on September 18, 2012, 08:13:28 PMWow, I really liked the piano arrangement of Throwback Galaxy :D I might just learn this instead of the original Bob-Omb Battlefield...
Yeah, our Bomb-Omb Battlefield is severly lackluster. It would be better to learn this one instead.