News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on October 19, 2011, 02:04:16 PMI just thought of a wonderful song that would push some people to the edge to arrange: Lapis Cave from PMD 1. :P

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Good luck with it! Let me know how it goes and if you need help, don't be afraid to ask. You should be fine, though. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sekter77

The timing's not all that bad actually. The main part can just be counted in 14 eighth notes. The best way to divide it would probably be a measure of 4/4 followed by a measure of 3/4. That's just how I count it anyway. Just 7/8 could work, but I don't think it captures the downbeats as well. When it changes to that bridge or whatever near the end (around 45 seconds in or so), regular 4/4 works fine, except for the last measure which switches to 3/4 again.

The beginning is a little more complex though cause I think it's played at a slightly slower tempo than the rest of the song, but it should kick right in to the normal pattern.
Guitar and video games.

fingerz

True. I was thinking the 4/4 and 3/4 myself. Still, Bespinben's doing it now... XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

It's still up for grabs if you want to do it Fingerz. I've only done the rolled chords of the first measure so far.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Nah, I'm busy, so you can do it. Besides, I have many requests to finish, my songs to finish and I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job with it anyway. :)

fingerz

WarioMan! Glittertown is done! I hope you like it 'cause I enjoyed arranging it. :D
At one point, both the right-hand and left-hand are below middle C, which I think is quite funny. The song has a lot of octave leaps in the right-hand, so this is a great way to strengthen your right-hand octave playing. :)

Next, I'm taking a break from Nintendo and arranging a song from Epic Mickey, Oswald's Theme, for spitllama, I think... I'm not quite sure, but I'll find out. XD

DonValentino

Fingerz! Never thought it would be so awesome!  ;D You caught the original feeling of the original.
I like it VERY much! Keep up the good work!  ;)

spitllama

Quote from: fingerz on October 21, 2011, 07:17:17 PMNext, I'm taking a break from Nintendo and arranging a song from Epic Mickey, Oswald's Theme, for spitllama, I think... I'm not quite sure, but I'll find out. XD

YES. Since that request I've learned how to arrange but you're much better and I'm always interested to see how you approach pieces. So thanks so much!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 22, 2011, 02:48:31 AMFingerz! Never thought it would be so awesome!  ;D You caught the original feeling of the original.
I like it VERY much! Keep up the good work!  ;)
Thanks WarioMan! I didn't think it would be that awesome either. Yep, I got it original down to the very staccatos. :P

Quote from: spitllama on October 22, 2011, 12:18:46 PMYES. Since that request I've learned how to arrange but you're much better and I'm always interested to see how you approach pieces. So thanks so much!
Thanks spitllama! Truth be told, I haven't started it yet, so if you have an interest in doing it yourself, just let me know. :)

spitllama

To be honest I like this piece so much I'd rather not ruin it with my own arranging :P

Here's the thing you and Shado were discussing:

[MUS]

There are few inaccuracies and tempo mishaps but that's expected since he only spent a little bit to get out the basic melody. Hope this helps!
Submissions Page

fingerz

Ah, don't worry spitllama! I will arrange this to the best of my abilities! :D
You've got your own page on my site for your arrangements, right? If it's possible, could you upload that there for me? It's just that I can't download stuff on any storage sites at school, so that will speed up my progress. :)
I could do it without, it's just that I want to check a few things that Shado put down. Thanks spitllama!

spitllama

Mmtay

EDIT: Posted senor
Submissions Page

fingerz

Thanks a tonne spitllama! I'll be starting on that really soon. :)

fingerz

Alrighty spitllama, I've got it now. You can take it down if you want.

Also, I was thinking that because I'm helping with the Fixing The Sheets project, I should create a section on my arrangements page with a list of arrangements I've modified because, quite frankly, I've put some good effort into them and now they sound awesome. ;)