News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

FINGERZ! Your Team Charm theme arrangement is spot-on! When I saw that you were in the process of arranging it the other day, I was thinking to myself, "I wonder how Fingerz is going to make a solo out that song, considering there would have to be a few parts he'd have to leave out of the arrangement." Boy did you prove me wrong!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Hahaha! Thanks Bespinben! :D
Spot on? YES! Playable? MAYBE! :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

pumpy_heart

Wow! Team Charm's Theme was a thrilling piece. I loved the pace and rhythm employed. Fun to listen to.
This piece is in F# dorian. To avoid a long theory discussion, this means it has a key signature of 4 sharps. In a simple way, it's basically the key of E if you started and ended with F#.
The chromatic passing tones should be labeled as to where they resolve. If chromatic passing tones go up, use sharps. If they go down, use flats. And naturals can be swapped for either or if applicable. If I was in the key of Bb, instead of going Eb-E#-F, I would obviously go Eb-E natural-F. And vice versa with the sharp keys. So in measure 4 and the other places this crops up, use an E# instead of an F natural. The C natural in measure 12 is correct.
When the new D major chord comes around in measure 35, I'd say keep the same key signature and mark the chord with naturals. It's better to think of that as a simple mixture chord.
Hope I helped. Great piece!

Clanker37

I always loved Team Charm's theme. It really captures the sense of adventure they have. Really nice arrangement, fingerz! :D

Bespinben

So, you've entered the Hidden Land, experienced Grovyle's sacrifice, and intent on honoring it, proceeded to climb Temporal Tower. After a long, tough climb, you finally reach the Spire. You're on the last floor, almost about to see and face Primal Dialga, almost going to save the future as time is running out, as the darkness spreads. You've just reached the stairs, and is about to go down them, when guess who shows up?

TEAM MOTHER******* CHARM -_-

It's Gary Oak all over again!

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Quote from: pumpy_heart on October 16, 2011, 10:06:34 PMWow! Team Charm's Theme was a thrilling piece. I loved the pace and rhythm employed. Fun to listen to.
This piece is in F# dorian. To avoid a long theory discussion, this means it has a key signature of 4 sharps. In a simple way, it's basically the key of E if you started and ended with F#.
The chromatic passing tones should be labeled as to where they resolve. If chromatic passing tones go up, use sharps. If they go down, use flats. And naturals can be swapped for either or if applicable. If I was in the key of Bb, instead of going Eb-E#-F, I would obviously go Eb-E natural-F. And vice versa with the sharp keys. So in measure 4 and the other places this crops up, use an E# instead of an F natural. The C natural in measure 12 is correct.
When the new D major chord comes around in measure 35, I'd say keep the same key signature and mark the chord with naturals. It's better to think of that as a simple mixture chord.
Hope I helped. Great piece!
*smacks head*
I should've picked up the F# dorian! I fixed it all yesterday and just posted it, so it's completed!! :D

Thanks Clanker! I'm very proud of this arrangement.

WarioMan! I've just started work on Glittertown and it sounds AWESOME!! Stay tuned!
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Quote from: fingerz on October 17, 2011, 02:00:06 PMWarioMan! I've just started work on Glittertown and it sounds AWESOME!! Stay tuned!

I WILL!!!  ;D

Sekter77

Alright, Wario Land music! The soundtrack was the best part of that game.

Also, Team Charm's Theme is a really catchy piece! I never played any of the PMD games, but that sounded really good.
Guitar and video games.

fingerz

Thanks Sekter! Yeah, this song is only in Explorers of Sky, not Time/Darkness. It's used in the special mission where Team Charm are trying to locate a mysterious treasure and it provides background information on how they know Wigglytuff. ...The minute I saw that Bellossom's eyes I knew it was a Ditto... Couldn't fool me... :P

DonValentino

Quote from: fingerz on October 18, 2011, 01:45:15 PMThe minute I saw that Bellossom's eyes I knew it was a Ditto... Couldn't fool me... :P

Wow! you noticed that too!? Sir, you have a very good eye!  :D

fingerz

Mm, as Jub said, I do notice things. XD
Glittertown is an awesome song to arrange, by the way. It's funny 'cause it pretty much only uses the lower half of the piano for the entire song. Still, I'm having so much fun with it, so expect it done by the latest next Monday. :)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 18, 2011, 01:55:24 PMWow! you noticed that too!? Sir, you have a very good eye!  :D

It was completely obvious, I must intervene...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

I just thought of a wonderful song that would push some people to the edge to arrange: Lapis Cave from PMD 1. :P
Shit, I even tried counting the fricking thing out, managed to fit most of it into 7/8 and then other parts into 4/4 and then a bar of 5/4 in there somewhere too, but that song is just ridiculous! XD

SlowPokemon

I love 5/4 time. It's so wonderfully quirky.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.