News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

WELL FOLKS! I've decided to start up the working congnations of my mind! I'm now working on Tetris and these songs again! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Yay! About time too; you haven't posted in your thread for a whole month!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on September 23, 2011, 08:43:27 PMWELL FOLKS! I've decided to start up the working congnations of my mind! I'm now working on Tetris and these songs again! :D

Lol congnations? Anyway I hope you're not angry with me for arranging the Staff Roll of Bowser's Inside Story. Feel free to rearrange it if you wish, there's a good chance you'll do a better job. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Omg! D: I have missed your elemental palace, final battle duet, and hidden highland arrangement, among others!! I will look at these tomorrow! (How did I miss that?)

fingerz

INTERNET FINALLY!
Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 24, 2011, 07:23:52 AMLol congnations? Anyway I hope you're not angry with me for arranging the Staff Roll of Bowser's Inside Story. Feel free to rearrange it if you wish, there's a good chance you'll do a better job. :D
Don't worry Slow! I'm not angry! It's good you made a solo sheet 'cause I was planning to make a duet. :D

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 29, 2011, 06:35:53 PMOmg! D: I have missed your elemental palace, final battle duet, and hidden highland arrangement, among others!! I will look at these tomorrow! (How did I miss that?)
Hahaha! Tell me what you think. :)

Everyone! I haven't been able to arrange since I'm in Japan at the current moment, but I've still been able to arrange before I went away. They'll be up some time today. :D
Heartwarming: This turned out very well and I'm very proud of it! I've moved some of the left hand parts down an octave so it doesn't clash and, personally, I think it sounds better and it's also PLAYABLE. :P
Foggy Forest (Duet): Sorry Slow, I couldn't make a solo sheet because there were way too many parts that complete the melody of the song. Every hand in this arrangement is being used for a voice and it sounds pretty darn good to me. I consider it one of my best duets to date. :D
I had started Team Charm's Theme and will continue with it when I get home.
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Team Charm is the PMD equivalent of Gary Oak :P

I am so amazed with your "Heartwarming" arrangement fingerz. The song reminds me of a sweet Italian lullaby, and you re-captured that feeling into your arrangement so well. I believe the PMD 1 equivalent of this song, "Awakening", is virtually identical to "Heartwarming", so when submission time rolls around, you can submit the song to both the PMD 1 and PMD 2 sections.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 03, 2011, 08:01:24 PMHeartwarming and Foggy Forest are both awesome.   :)
Thanks Clanker! :D

Quote from: Bespinben on October 03, 2011, 08:52:58 PMTeam Charm is the PMD equivalent of Gary Oak :P

I am so amazed with your "Heartwarming" arrangement fingerz. The song reminds me of a sweet Italian lullaby, and you re-captured that feeling into your arrangement so well. I believe the PMD 1 equivalent of this song, "Awakening", is virtually identical to "Heartwarming", so when submission time rolls around, you can submit the song to both the PMD 1 and PMD 2 sections.
Thanks Bespinben! I'm so damn suprised both these arrangements turned out so well even though I took a break. Sometimes people just need breaks. :)

SlowPokemon

Foggy Forest ~ Looks good. The left hand in piano one has some really shady-looking overlapping parts.

Heartwarming ~ Perfect!

Hidden Highland ~ You have the really weird rhythm down perfectly, my only complaint is that it feels unfinished and it seems that there is not enough in the bass.

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AMFoggy Forest ~ Looks good. The left hand in piano one has some really shady-looking overlapping parts.
Yeah, the French Horn and Strings parts overlap. It sounds good with the contrast in the actual piece, so I've added as much in as I can without making it sound horrible with clashing notes.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AMHeartwarming ~ Perfect!
YEAH! I thought I did a very good job with this song.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AMHidden Highland ~ You have the really weird rhythm down perfectly, my only complaint is that it feels unfinished and it seems that there is not enough in the bass.
Well, when I get home I'll have a look at it. The bass doesn't actually do a lot throughout this song, but I'll try to give it more life. :)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on October 04, 2011, 04:46:14 AMYeah, the French Horn and Strings parts overlap. It sounds good with the contrast in the actual piece, so I've added as much in as I can without making it sound horrible with clashing notes.
YEAH! I thought I did a very good job with this song.
Well, when I get home I'll have a look at it. The bass doesn't actually do a lot throughout this song, but I'll try to give it more life. :)

Foggy Forest- it sounds fine, but I meant it would be extremely awkward to play.

Hidden Highland- yeah I know it's difficult to arrange songs with little bass xD it's not a huge deal.

fingerz

Hm. Foggy Forest could be played as a Duet (awkward), but I left both hands together because it's a hell of a lot easier to play seperately on two pianos. I'll see what I can do for both. :D

fingerz

ALRIGHTY! I AM BACK IN MY HOME COUNTRY NOW!
Work shall commence very soon, but please don't expect for a little while. I have a clarient exam next Friday so the pressure is on and a piano exam within the next month. XD

spitllama

Quote from: fingerz on October 12, 2011, 01:50:34 PMALRIGHTY! I AM BACK IN MY HOME COUNTRY NOW!
Work shall commence very soon, but please don't expect for a little while. I have a clarient exam next Friday so the pressure is on and a piano exam within the next month. XD

Could NOT figure out what this was for the longest time. I was like OMG WHAT IS THIS EXCITING AUSTRALIAN THING CALLED THE CLARIENT???
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Quote from: spitllama on October 12, 2011, 10:17:27 PMCould NOT figure out what this was for the longest time. I was like OMG WHAT IS THIS EXCITING AUSTRALIAN THING CALLED THE CLARIENT???
Hehehe... Sorry 'bout that. I was in a rush. XD

ANYWAYS, Team Charm's Theme is complete, Warioman! Come and check it out! I must admit, it was quite an easy song to write out, but very hard to play, especially the last 8 bars. Tell me what you think! :)