Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

Hey fingerz, could you please arrange the Credits for Pokemon Myster Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team? It can be found here
I would really like this to be done. The piece makes me so happy yet so sad at the same time and I'd really like it to be done.

fingerz

*Sniff sniff*
I completely forgot about this song. It was and probably has been the only song that's ever made me shed a tear. Added to the TO DO list! :)

Castle Town: This was a lot of fun to make. I was able to soften down the guitar part so the melody comes out. Hope you like it!
Mini Boss (Dungeon): I love this song so much! The awkward timing makes it sound so cool. The duet, to me, sounds a bit crowded but only because the other lines such as the guitar and strings should be softer. I hope you enjoy these too!

Mini Boss (Tower of Spirits) is coming along nicely. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sekter77

I've got a couple of suggestions for some of your sheets. For Battle on the Tracks it would probably be better if you cut the tempo in half and also halved the note durations (i.e. all eighth notes would become sixteenths, quarters would be eighths, etc.). Then you could change the time signature to 6/4 which fits the feel of the song much better than a really fast 4/4.

And for Castle Town, there are some theory issues. You probably want to make the first key signature with 2 flats since it seems there's very few measures where the A actually is flat. And the C and F sharps you have would make more sense as D and G flats.
Though, I don't know if you can change any of these things in Notepad.

But other than those nitpicky things, the arrangements were really good!
Guitar and video games.

fingerz

Thanks Sekter! You wouldn't believe it, but all those things you suggested below were on my mind when I was arranging those peices. Sadly I can't add key changes or use 6/4 time in Finale Notepad 2008! I'm planning to save up money and buy myself a newer version of Finale Notepad and a version of Finale Allegro, but that's going to be quite a while. When I get them I'll be able to change all the songs that need fine tuning. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

So fingerz... being that you obviously have nothing on your to-do list, how would you feel about taking up a non-pokemon/mario piece which likely doesn't interest you in the slightest? Thanks man! :P

Seriously though, it's that Oswald theme. I'm always impressed by your arrangements and hoped you could work off of what JMDEK5 has been able to accomplish thus-far. If you're willing to take it up, lemme know and I'll get to postin' links.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Oritendo

whoa you made Dusk Forest? That's my favorite one of Mystery dungeon! :D Until the arrangement of "Oh No!" came out...  :-[

fingerz

Quote from: spitllama on July 02, 2011, 08:15:46 PMSeriously though, it's that Oswald theme. I'm always impressed by your arrangements and hoped you could work off of what JMDEK5 has been able to accomplish thus-far. If you're willing to take it up, lemme know and I'll get to postin' links.
From Epic Mickey? I don't see why not. It's a nice song. There are a few things that could be a problem.
1) I only have Finale Notepad 2008.
2) I can't change tempos or key/time signatures.
I can arrange from a particular spot and send it to you to compile though.

Quote from: Oritendo on July 04, 2011, 09:56:58 PMwhoa you made Dusk Forest? That's my favorite one of Mystery dungeon! :D Until the arrangement of "Oh No!" came out...  :-[
Hahaha! Thanks Orintendo. ;D
You don't have any requests for me do you? :P

New songs for everyone! They're not that easy to play either. ;)
Hope you enjoy them.

Korados

Quote from: spitllama on July 02, 2011, 08:15:46 PMSeriously though, it's that Oswald theme.

Oswald's theme is just a combination of the beginning of Wagner's opera "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg" and the second movement of Beethoven's 7th. ;D In the early years of cartoons they just took pieces of classical music as bgm. Knowing the film Fantasia?

DonValentino

Quote from: fingerz on January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PMNEW Fight Against Byrne from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
[Playable MUS]

Playable!?! HAHAHA!!!  :D

... ... ... ... ...

Seriously... Playable?  :-\

SWMadness

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 05, 2011, 09:20:45 AMPlayable!?! HAHAHA!!!  :D

... ... ... ... ...

Hoo boy, I'm with WarioMan, that looks pretty rough to play. You could possibly change the formatting on the pattern for measures 4-7, 12-15, etc, so that the bottom notes of the chords in the top staff are played by the left hand, in addition to the notes already in the bass cleft.

Oritendo

Quote from: fingerz on July 04, 2011, 10:09:51 PMHahaha! Thanks Orintendo. ;D
You don't have any requests for me do you? :P
Hm, not really, but i'll tell you when I think or something  ;)

spitllama

Quote from: fingerz on July 04, 2011, 10:09:51 PMFrom Epic Mickey? I don't see why not. It's a nice song. There are a few things that could be a problem.
1) I only have Finale Notepad 2008.
2) I can't change tempos or key/time signatures.
I can arrange from a particular spot and send it to you to compile though.

No worries. As the basic melody changes, they could be treated as movements in which case they could just be separated into different sheets, right?

And in response to the other post in the request section, is it really necessary for you to buy the soundtrack? I feel bad that you'd spend money to arrange a request lol. Unless you wanted it anyhow.

QuoteOswald's theme is just a combination of the beginning of Wagner's opera "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg" and the second movement of Beethoven's 7th.  In the early years of cartoons they just took pieces of classical music as bgm. Knowing the film Fantasia?

Hmm I knew that about the early cartoons but didn't make the connection between Wagner, Beethoven, and Oswald. That's a very cool connection. I'm still struggling to see the similarities though, are we talking about the same Oswald theme?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Quote from: SWMadness on July 05, 2011, 10:05:26 AMHoo boy, I'm with WarioMan, that looks pretty rough to play. You could possibly change the formatting on the pattern for measures 4-7, 12-15, etc, so that the bottom notes of the chords in the top staff are played by the left hand, in addition to the notes already in the bass cleft.
Hehehe. I knew someone would comment on that. I'll change that so it's a little more 'playable'. :P
Also, someone's gonna get RSI trying to play those first few bars on page 3. Not much I can do there though. XD

Quote from: spitllama on July 05, 2011, 07:28:42 PMNo worries. As the basic melody changes, they could be treated as movements in which case they could just be separated into different sheets, right?

And in response to the other post in the request section, is it really necessary for you to buy the soundtrack? I feel bad that you'd spend money to arrange a request lol. Unless you wanted it anyhow.
Yeah, I can do that.
I wanted to buy the sound, don't worry. I have a massive collection at home. :)

NasiDe

As long as you don't play the highest or lowest note on the tenths in the Byrne Battle, it is playable. I can see that. It'd be hard to master, but it is certainly playable.

Edit: Also, Fingerz, the mid-boss battle for the Spirit Tower is the same song as the Boss Battle for Phantom Hourglass. You might to make two copies for both games or something.

Oritendo

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 05, 2011, 09:20:45 AMPlayable!?! HAHAHA!!!  :D

... ... ... ... ...

what's a .mus file anyways??