Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on September 24, 2012, 09:35:44 PMHmm... I'm going to be gone from NSM for 2 years in about 4 weeks myself... I CHALLENGE YOU TO AN ARRANGEMENT CONTEST!

*Brawl narrator voice* NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!! IT'S BESPINBEN! ARE YOU READY, FINGERZ?! 3! 2! 1! FIGHTARRANGE!!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist, I just had to. lol)

TheZeldaPianist275

I just noticed, Fingerz, that you organized your arrangement page.  I'm proud of you  :D

fingerz

Quote from: wariopiano on September 25, 2012, 08:59:36 AMcan u do coconut mall or bowsers castle from mario kart wii soon please? :)
i see its on your to do list!
Ooooh, yes, alright! I'll get around to Coconut Mall very soon... There are some songs I fear arranging because I want to make them as good as I can yet I fear something terrible will happen!! That's one of them. XD

Quote from: WarioMan98 on September 25, 2012, 01:55:24 PM*Brawl narrator voice* NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!! IT'S BESPINBEN! ARE YOU READY, FINGERZ?! 3! 2! 1! FIGHTARRANGE!!!!
Thanks for that. I'll see how much of a competition I can put up... By the way, when do we start getting brownie points? Is there a particular date that we start? XD

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 26, 2012, 06:53:00 PMI just noticed, Fingerz, that you organized your arrangement page.  I'm proud of you  :D
Thank you! It took a little while, but now that it's sorted rather well I hope people can find what they want! :)

Alrighty! I have a new arrangement for you all! I present Mini Mario from New Super Mario Bros. It took about half an hour to arrange and it was heaps of fun to do too! Hope you like it! :D

I would've liked to have finished Yoob's Belly (Duet) for you all today, but because I've been arranging at night time (when it's VERY quiet), the late nights have taken their toll. I'm SOOO drowsy today it's not funny! I'm barely staying awake right now whilst typing this... Anyways, I'll have that done for next time and hopefully some more. :)

Night everyone! XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

fingerz

FINGERZ vs. BESPINBEN!!! (Second & Third arrangements [done on the same day too])

Hi everyone! I have two new arrangements for you that I did yesterday! Hope you like 'em! :)

Yoob's Belly (Duet) - Well this wasn't gonna work with just one piano. I feel as if the creepiness was captured pretty darn well in this arrangement. Quite spooky at the start, actually! :P

Desert Battle Theme - Man I love this song! It's really beautiful to listen to whilst smashing up toy Pokemon in a gusty desert. Such a beautiful melody! :D

Next up, my favourite song from Sonic Rush: What U Need.
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on September 28, 2012, 08:32:45 PMDesert Battle Theme - Man I love this song! It's really beautiful to listen to whilst smashing up toy Pokemon in a gusty desert. Such a beautiful melody! :D

At this speed, the octave mordents at the beginning are not playable. Just do the mordent on the top note (like, write a dotted quarter in layer 2 for the bottom note and have the top layer have the mordent [better yet, just write out the notes in whole]).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

I can do that if you wish. However, mordents are only played for the top note anyway. That's why I didn't seperate the notes and put the bottom one into another layer. :)

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on September 28, 2012, 08:53:50 PMI can do that if you wish. However, mordents are only played for the top note anyway. That's why I didn't seperate the notes and put the bottom one into another layer. :)

Is that how they're understood? Hmm. Guess wikipedia doesn't tell one everything. Still, you do have a case of playback that doesn't align with how the sheet would actually be played, that much I know.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

FINGERZ vs. BESPINBEN!!! (Seventh to Twelfth arrangements)

Hi again! I have another six arrangements for you all since I was last on! BE WARNED, my holiday period is ending from next Monday so I will be reducing my daily arranging to weekly arranging, meaning I'll do one or two arrangements MAX per week! Sorry! I have exams coming up! Can't be helped! XD

Forest Battle Theme - Man this is such an amazing song! It's frantic yet light-hearted at the same time and makes smashing up toy Pokemon that much more interesting! Actually, the soundtrack I have for this game is SOOOO damn shit I'm suprised I can actually arrange songs from this game. It was very satisfying to play my arrangement and the original song together and find that all the chords in the left hand are correct! *phew!* XD

Treetop Tumble - Now, before you listen to either the single sheet or the duet, listen to this! This is the original Treetop Tumble from the original SNES version. Now listen to the version from the GBA version that I've done. YOU SEE? David Wise is a genius!!! Whenever I hear this song, I always picture the level where you're climbing through the trees to excape from this FLAMING SAW chasing you. Such up-beat music for a peril situation! Personally, I think it fits better. :P

Hauntyard Battle Theme - This song is just amazing!! It fits perfectly for battling ghost Pokemon! It starts off really creepy at the start and becomes really majestic and beautiful by the end. Man the song I had to work off for this was soooo shit! Anyways, that's it for all the battle themes from this game! On to the town themes! :D

Awawawawa! - Ohohohoho! Arranging this was so much fun that I couldn't help but make a duet as well! This song is based of the Super Mario Galaxy version but this one sounds a lot better! You hear it when you verse some comical bosses and it's really catchy! Hope you like it! :D

wariopiano

fingerz

WHOOPS! For some odd reason I accidentally edited my previous post! Look at that for all the new stuff! XD

Yes wariopiano! I'll try and do them soon, however, I'm a little hesitant to start the harder songs just yet. I'm working my way up the difficulty chain in terms of what songs I have. :)

fingerz

Hello everyone! :D

Found some time over the weekend to revamp Thwomp Volcano from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time! I'm planning to do a little more arranging over this year since I've decided I want to follow a career in arranging/composition of music. SO, expect more coming your way very soon. :)

Also, I've been putting together small ensemble arrangements of mostly Paper Mario Sticker Star music, so if anyone would like to take a look at 'em, just let me know and I'll add them to my huge list of stuff! :D

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on March 11, 2013, 01:54:03 PMHello everyone! :D

Found some time over the weekend to revamp Thwomp Volcano from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time! I'm planning to do a little more arranging over this year since I've decided I want to follow a career in arranging/composition of music. SO, expect more coming your way very soon. :)

Also, I've been putting together small ensemble arrangements of mostly Paper Mario Sticker Star music, so if anyone would like to take a look at 'em, just let me know and I'll add them to my huge list of stuff! :D

I hope the title theme is one of the Paper Mario: Sticker Star pieces you're arranging!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Welcome back Fingerz!  I missed ya!  Stay this time..... :'(

fingerz

Oh yeah! I'm still alive! :P

Slow, I don't mind putting together that song! What did you want it for; piano or a small ensemble with the actual instruments used? :)