News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Books

Started by SlowPokemon, December 16, 2010, 09:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 20, 2012, 03:44:12 PMNow stop fighting!
The fact that you think this is a fight shows how long you've been on this forum.  ::)

Trust me, compared to some things I and some other members used to get into, this is just a calm debate. I don't see Slow or SFK getting into an actual flame war anytime soon.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BonusPwnage

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 20, 2012, 04:02:29 PMThe fact that you think this is a fight shows how long you've been on this forum.  ::)

Trust me, compared to some things I and some other members used to get into, this is just a calm debate. I don't see Slow or SFK getting into an actual flame war anytime soon.  :P
Oh, I know. I just had those pics ready, and I've been itching to use them.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: blueflower999 on November 20, 2012, 04:02:29 PMThe fact that you think this is a fight shows how long you've been on this forum.  ::)

Well if there's one thing I'l lget into a flame war over, IT'S DEFENDING TOM HANKS' HONOR.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

I'll be on your side SFK. Forrest Gump is da freaking best movie evar.

blueflower999

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 20, 2012, 04:26:12 PMI'll be on your side SFK. Forrest Gump is da freaking best movie evar.
Indeed. Also one of the most quotable.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 20, 2012, 03:33:06 PMNOT UNTIL SLOW ADMITS HOW TERRIBLE HIS TASTE IN EVERYTHING IS. and he started it

I WILL RUN YOU OVER DEAD IN THE PARKING LOTI'm sorry, you're right.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

...I figure that since there's a discussion of literature in MMD topic, this can become very relevant and extremely active again.

To restart the discussion... :P

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 22, 2013, 09:27:04 PMHmmm, well...

Relating to the topic of books we like/dislike, am I the only one who really strongly dislikes Robinson Crusoe? Maybe I should read it again (considering that I never finished because I felt it was such a boring book...), but I almost dread the thought.

EDIT: The reason being:
From the full title (:P), you can understand one of the reasons why I feel it is boring: many of the sentences in the book drag on and on and on, even more than I am now, and usually do with my sentences when I put a lot of thought into them; they're completely frivolous and rarely do much other than provide extreme descriptions of things that only foward the plot a very small amount, if even in such miniscule ways.
For reference, I read until around the part where Cruesoe rescues Friday, before I could bear no more.

Full Title
(The Life and Strange Surprizing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, of York, Mariner: Who lived Eight and Twenty Years, all alone in an un-inhabited Island on the Coast of America, near the Mouth of the Great River of Oroonoque; Having been cast on Shore by Shipwreck, wherein all the Men perished but himself. With An Account how he was at last as strangely deliver'd by Pirates.)
[close]

Gogogo!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Omg omg, The Hunger Games <3

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Toby

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Toby

MaestroUGC

My friend summed it up as "American Battle Royal, but not nearly as interesting."
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on February 24, 2013, 08:43:32 AMOmg omg, The Hunger Games <3
The first book is really great, the second one is really good, and the third one is good. At least in my opinion.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

The first book was the only moderatly good one. After that it seemed the author didn't know what she wanted to do