News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Books

Started by SlowPokemon, December 16, 2010, 09:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Bump because someone was looking for this topic.

I like Rick Riordan's books. I love how they take ancient mythology and apply it to the real world today.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

The first couple books were fairly good, but they got gradually more sucky. I really can't stand most of his works.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Is that the Percy Jackson guy? Yeah, I didn't like those books either.

I've been reading what is possibly the greatest book ever.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I saw a book by that man called "I am a Pole (And So Can You!)" and I really want it just because.

Yugi

I was about to make a topic about this.

Also reading Animorphs, Fear St and assorted manga.

spitllama

I don't read. Elementary school killed my interest in books with teacher's awful selections. I think the last book I liked was Watership Down from forever ago. Now I stick with shorter things like news articles.

Edit: Maybe that's a bit drastic. I read political philosophy and theology, but in terms of books for entertainment-- no.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 19, 2012, 06:11:53 PMI saw a book by that man called "I am a Pole (And So Can You!)" and I really want it just because.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS that's the children's book he wrote.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MoboMoga

I'm reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I really need to finish the book fast, or else it's not going to be featured on cinema anymore.  :-\

Quote from: spitllama on November 19, 2012, 06:17:34 PMI don't read. Elementary school killed my interest in books with teacher's awful selections.

aw, what, really? I remember my childrens' book selection, books like The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Arrow to the Sun.

They were great. >:3

BlackDragonSlayer

Who dares to stand up for this book!?!? :P I, for one, have nothing but negative words...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MoboMoga

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 19, 2012, 07:40:08 PM

Who dares to stand up for this book!?!? :P I, for one, have nothing but negative words...

It was sort of good, in my opinion. I liked the tesseract part and the logic behind it, but as the story progressed, it seemed too much like a fairy tale.

The story was really sweet.  ;D

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 19, 2012, 07:40:08 PM

I very much like that book. It's incredibly weird, but it's also bizarrely comforting and intriguing.

FSM-Reapr

The Diary of a Whimpy Kid

omg the series crack me up every time

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 19, 2012, 10:05:17 PMThe Diary of a Whimpy Kid

omg the series crack me up every time

I got the new one, omg I read it in an hour and I couldn't stop laughing

FSM-Reapr

Only the four first books have been published in Finland. Are there more currently?

SlowPokemon

The seventh one was just published last week in America.