News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

I <3 Soundtracks

Started by DrP, November 29, 2010, 04:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

This is the discussion of the stuff that falls outside of VG music and the normal stuff people listen too... well stuff that ISN'T a Soundtrack made for that movie (sans words)

Have at it!

Current Soundtrack: HP and the Deathly Hallows.
Alexandre Desplat is probably one of the better HP composers. John Williams set the stage, but Nicholas Hopper and Alexandre Desplat made it amazing!

SlowPokemon

I love Desplat's two pieces "Ministry of Magic" and "Detonators". They're both great, but "Detonators" really stuck out to me--it was one of the few times I was in a movie, heard the music, and thought, "I have to find this song somewhere!" At first I thought it was gonna be a remix of Williams' "Nimbus 2000" but it took a different direction. It fit the "mechanical" feel of the office witches and wizards making packets about Muggle-borns.

Nicholas Hooper was another great addition, and at first I was a bit disappointed to hear that he changed his mind about scoring the seventh film. My personal favorite by him is "Professor Umbridge"--the theme fit her pompous, smug little toadlike self.

I may make a topic about the seventh movie in the Movies thread later. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Trying to arrange some stuff from "Cardcaptor Sakura" during my free time. -__- The goal is to get either the (in-series) hymn or the other Christmas theme done by Christmas.

OK, so I like that girly anime...quit laughing at me.

>__>

Old, but the LoTR soundtrack is pretty amazing xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

The first time I heard about Cardcaptors...
was in a youtube video the other day, with the top 10 openings or something like that...

Also, I like to listen to the Pokemon anime soundtrack. Not just the VG's. XD

There are some soundtracks from other things too (actual movies), but I can't think of them right now...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

LOL Cardcaptors =/= Cardcaptor Sakura

The former is what happens when you take a girl's show and edit it to appeal to boys. The lessons from that include 1) girls are stupid, spoiled and they cry easily 2) 75% of the material was cut 3) It is completely okay for someone who sounds like a 30 year old man to live in the same room as a little girl who sounds like a boy.

noooo....xD

(I'm curious about which opening you watched though. Link?)

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Howl's Moving Castle is THE epic soundtrack. Also Series of Unfortunate Events and possibly Donnie Darko (though I have never seen that movie).

SlowPokemon

Joe Hisaishi has some AWESOME tracks. Maretocks, it would benefit you to listen to these tracks.

From Spirited Away
Procession of the Gods is an epically epic...godlike...piece (especially part from 1:29 to 2:05)
Day of the River... is a really heartfelt song
Sootballs is a sneaky little piece, and now that I listen to it, it reminds me of my composition "The Strange Boy"
Reprise... is a nice, calm, happy theme

From Howl's Moving Castle
Merry-Go-Round of Life is the main piece that's awesome from this movie (this version was released separately from the film)
Wandering Sophie is my favorite in-film song

From My Neighbor Totoro
Path of Wind

Studio Ghibli is pretty awesome. xD

Ruto

^There was a guy on Youtube that posted mp3s of Spirited Away arrangements (with 4 hands) that he played. They're pretty good but they have a few mistakes :D

His Soul Calibur arrangements are great too  ;D ;D ;D

SlowPokemon

If someone could make sheet music of those arrangements (especially Sootballs) that would be epic.

Jub3r7

I've never played Plants VS Zombies, but this song from it sounds interesting...
And I just found a piano version, too...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 17, 2010, 04:27:37 AMIf someone could make sheet music of those arrangements (especially Sootballs) that would be epic.

You could always email him and ask him if he's willing to share them :D

SuperFireKirby

Dark Cloud 2 has an excellent soundtrack. You should listen to it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Aaargh. I know you love Kirby but a better name for you would be "I'm Obsessed With Dark Cloud 2, I'm Proud Of It, And I Want Everyone To Know It".

Unfortunately, SuperFireKirby is more concise.

Also--one of my new favorite tracks on the Spirited Away soundtrack is The Stink God. The first time I heard it, I was like, "meh." Now I really like the piece; I can't understand it.

That's also probably the best part in the movie. :3

SuperFireKirby

It is though. It's one of the main reasons I love the game.

Also its the same composer who did the Layton games music.

Metroid Prime has a lovely soundtrack as well. Its up there with my favorite VG OST's.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!