News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Mario Favorites (Character Poll February 1)

Started by SlowPokemon, November 28, 2010, 07:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is better overall (or overalls), Mario or Luigi?

Mario
Luigi

SlowPokemon

Okay, since I made the poll close it's voting, it won't let me reset it. So I'm going to delete that topic and make this new one.

Here were the final standings from the Mario Bros. poll--

Super Mario Bros.    - 2 (14.3%)
Super Mario Bros. 2    - 0 (0%)
Super Mario Bros. 3    - 5 (35.7%)
Super Mario World    - 6 (42.9%)
New Super Mario Bros.    - 1 (7.1%)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii    - 0 (0%)

New one coming in a second.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Okay! This time it's a platformer poll--and I voted for Super Mario Galaxy 2. Definitely the best. Fun, fanTAStic music, and lots of levels.

Dude

I liked 64, but Galaxy really made the series more interesting.

SuperFireKirby

Super Mario 24????

EDIT: And all Mario games are platformers, these are just 3d platforemers.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

yeah, Galaxy really revolutuionized Mario platformers. :|

Super Mario 64 is so classic, though.

Sorry SFK, I'll change the option to 64. Blah, typo.

Cobraroll

Super Mario 64 is THE game. No one above, no one at the side, no one in sight behind as far as the eye can see.

Then, Super Mario Galaxy has it for me. SMG2 is great, awesome even, but it doesn't have the atmosphere of the original. That being said, SMG2 isn't far behind, perhaps even at its side.

Then, Super Mario Sunshine. I have many fond memories of this game, which focused more on the different areas than gameplay itself. It was an exploration game to a much bigger degree than the three others, and the contrast to SMG2's extremely linear set-up is glaring. Still, while being totally awesome, and better than most other games I've played, it's just not as good as the three others. This is tier 1 within platform gaming, and SMS is in the very elite. It's just that the other three are better.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Maretocks

SMS. *High 5*

As much as I loved 64 and Galaxy. SMS is more nostalgic for me. I didn't play a heap of 64 when I was younger. Renting one game a week led to more BK than SM64. And Galaxy lacked depth. It was a fantastic platformer, don't get me wrong, but as painful as a lot of the stars are...SMS just had a shine to it.

See what I did there?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Super Mario Sunshine was fairly fun but had some ridiculously hard levels, especially for some of the near-beginning ones.

dahans

What the heck? SMG got 5 votes? I chose SM64 :D best game ever.^^
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

I picked SMG seeing as its the only one I've played for more than ten minutes.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sekter77

64 is by far my favorite. I love all of them, even Sunshine, but 64 just had the best feel, most original courses, and most charming atmosphere. As awesome as the Galaxy games are, they can't surpass the original. The way 64 lets you play the game leaves the most open for the player to explore and experience the world while still having many neat platform tricks and inventive obstacles.
Guitar and video games.

Maretocks

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 29, 2010, 04:32:10 AMSuper Mario Sunshine was fairly fun but had some ridiculously hard levels, especially for some of the near-beginning ones.
I felt that with the other two as well, I suppose I just liked using FLUDD. ^_^
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Sekter77

FLUDD really polarized the fanbase. It's usually the deciding factor with someone liking or not liking the game. Even though I loved it too, some people just couldn't handle it messing with the Mario formula.
My biggest criticism with Sunshine was the blue coin collecting. Some of them were in really strange or obscure places and it wasn't always exciting or rewarding trying to find all of them. But the regular levels were lots of fun.
Guitar and video games.

Maretocks

Quote from: Sekter77 on November 29, 2010, 01:37:09 PMFLUDD really polarized the fanbase. It's usually the deciding factor with someone liking or not liking the game. Even though I loved it too, some people just couldn't handle it messing with the Mario formula.
My biggest criticism with Sunshine was the blue coin collecting. Some of them were in really strange or obscure places and it wasn't always exciting or rewarding trying to find all of them. But the regular levels were lots of fun.
I loved how you had to backflip through the ceiling in one of the bathrooms for the hotel. An opening that was alluded to by a small leak in the ceiling. That was a stupid idea.

I can understand how people disliked it; but I'm all for new innovations.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Sorry I'm a bit late with this one. :P

Final 3D platformer results:

Super Mario 64    - 5 (35.7%)
Super Mario Sunshine    - 2 (14.3%)
Super Mario Galaxy    - 5 (35.7%)
Super Mario Galaxy 2    - 2 (14.3%)

New poll up in a sec.