News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Pokemon Polls

Started by Winter, November 26, 2010, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you the most useful Hidden machine is?

Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength
Flash
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Rock Smash
Dive
Defog
Rock Climb

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Fly. That was the only thing I didn't like about RSE. You had to beat the 6th Gym Leader to use it! XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

Notice how you could skip the 6th Gym in RSE? All the rest are either needed for the HMs or so you can battle Norman. You could get to the League, but you wouldn't get in. In all the other regions you had to battle all of them before you could beat the 8th Gym.

dahans

Definitely Fly! I wasn't able to find it in the first generation so it was a bit frustrating xD but nevertheless it's very useful. On second place would be for me either surf, strength or cut :D.

And btw, since you recommended me a while ago to buy puzzle league AND pokemon stadium 2, I have to say thank you to all of you :). These are really great games!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

DonValentino

I think is more useful Surf, because you can beat the game with Surf, but not with Fly. In second place, maybe strengh, flash, rock smash or fly. I understand by "useful" the ones that help you most beating the game
Defog? I´ve never used it in my life!  :o

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Clanker37 on August 29, 2011, 01:24:16 AMNotice how you could skip the 6th Gym in RSE? All the rest are either needed for the HMs or so you can battle Norman. You could get to the League, but you wouldn't get in. In all the other regions you had to battle all of them before you could beat the 8th Gym.

You could actually skip the 2nd gym as well.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Quote from: WarioMan98 on August 29, 2011, 04:36:04 AMDefog? I´ve never used it in my life!  :o
'Tis pretty pointless. I never used it either.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dudeman

I translated all these attacks from Japanese and this is what I got:

Cut: If Ai extent allowed
Fly: Flying
Surf: Fruitful (???)
Strength: Superhuman strength
Flash: Flash
Whirlpool: Uzushio
Waterfall: Taki climbing
Rock Smash: Says fired (??????)
Dive: Diving
Defog: Leprosy quarry (?????????)
Rock Climb: Rock climb
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Winter

I totally messed up the grammar in the question. lmao.

Clanker37

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2011, 01:22:03 PMYou could actually skip the 2nd gym as well.
Yeah, but you had to battle Brawly before you battled Norman. 'Tis convienent because you can just stop off at Dewford while heading to him

fabbemannen

hmm, surf or fly?
Surf pwns in battle, Fly is good in battle
Surf is good outside of battle, Fly is needed

Fly it is!

Shadoninja

fly is not good in battle unless you're battling stupid people or herpderp computers and even then there are better moves.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

So are you a dig kinda guy?

Bespinben

Surf is the only HM I'm not afraid to teach my Pokémon as it is actually a fairly useful move in-battle. Most HMs just take up space in my team's moveset.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Cobraroll

Strength can be used in battle as well. Of course, Return is a lot better, but having Strength on your Pokémon doesn't cripple it entirely (glares at Flash, Rock Smash, Whirlpool, Defog, Cut...).

Waterfall also works. Gyarados says hi!

Dive is useful on exactly one Pokémon. When paired with a Drizzle Politoed and given the moves Dive, Toxic, Leech Seed and Substitute, a certain pineapple-duck-platypus-thingy can be very annoying...

Surf is where the good stuff is. My personal favourite. Wide distribution, good power, good accuracy...

Fly is good too. Especially in Sinnoh and Unova. The other regions can be traversed on the ground without much hassle... well, parts of them, at least.

Overall, then, Surf.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.