News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Pokemon Polls

Started by Winter, November 26, 2010, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you the most useful Hidden machine is?

Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength
Flash
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Rock Smash
Dive
Defog
Rock Climb

Cobraroll

Hoenn, as per reasons posted earlier in this thread. Somewhere...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

garlicbananas

Gotta say Hoenn.  It gives every type of environment and isn't confusing like Sinnoh and Unova.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Winter

Hoenn has the trick house... i remember loving that

SlowPokemon

Lol I hated that in order to get my red tent I needed to beat the Champion...which took me FOREVER but I finally managed with my Lv84 Sceptile.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Sinnoh.

Crystal was my first Pokemon game, but I never got to finish it because my brother took over when I didn't play it every second.
So while the Johto region might be my original home, the Sinnoh region was my first adventure.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Cobraroll

Looking back at Unova, I have but one critisism for it: Way. Too. Linear.

In Kanto, you could go wherever you wanted once you got past Rock Tunnel. Well, almost. You didn't have to beat the mid-game Gyms in their desired order either.

Johto was more linear, but it was notable in that you could walk across most of the map without having to meet a single Pokémon once you got the most strategically placed Sudowoodo ever out of the way. Only Azalea town was isolated by caves on both sides, but a Repel or two made the trip bearable.

Hoenn invited you to explore every corner of the map, and there were plenty of corners as well. Many crossroads and ways around the map.

Sinnoh was meh. Caves everywhere, too much wilderness, and some parts of the map were very easily forgotten (hello, Jubilife!). But at least, you had several paths to choose if you wanted to go from A to B.

Unova, on the other hand, is notable for not having any crossroads whatsoever. The main part of the map gives you the whooping path-choice of "clockwise" or "counter-clockwise". Whether you want to go from Icirrus to Undella, or Lacunosa to Nimbasa, you have to go the exact same path. Also, the town map is inaccurate...

Other than that, Unova offers varied topography, at least. The areas itself are very creative and good, but the way they are presented isn't. Also, the Pokémon ("Hello! You have reached the area filled with Deerling! You know about the Pokémon Deerling? No problem, every trainer around here uses one! And if you walk in the grass, you'll encounter one every five steps! Good! Go beat the Gym leader to proceed to the next area! No, you can't proceed unless you do [fill in mission]! Ahh,you've completed [mission]! Now, let's proceed to the Klink area! You know about the Pokémon Deerling Klink? No problem, every trainer around here uses one! And if you walk in the grass cave, you'll encounter one every five steps! Also, what's this Deerling you keep talking about? I've never seen one! Oh, look, a Klink!", etc)...
Once you enter an area, you are BOMBARDED with one Pokémon, then everyone forgets it the instant you step outside the area's borders. Except the Elemental Monkeys, who will haunt you throughout the entire game, and beyond... at least D/P was more subtle...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Shadoninja

yeah the pan/simi's were annoying to see everywhere.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fingerz

I hate those monkeys...

I loved the Hoenn Region, but I hated all the surfing routes... I hate having to explore tonnes of sea without even knowing where you are!! ARGH!!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

garlicbananas

^                                ^
Love-Hate relationship
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

fingerz

Quote from: garlicbananas on May 03, 2011, 03:16:21 PM^                                ^
Love-Hate relationship
So true. I get so frustrated yet I still like to play this game. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sekter77

Johto takes this one. Everything about Gold and Silver make them my favorite entries in the series.
The map really just had a lot of variety and some really cool random locations like the National Park and the Ruins of Alph.

Hoenn would've won for me too if not for all the ocean routes. The dive areas weren't very interesting either and they were too slow. Places like Meteor Falls and a lot of the routes (111, 113, 120, others) really showcased a ton of originality which was strangely absent from Diamond and Pearl. I guess I liked how natural everything was. There weren't a lot of truly large cities or anything to distract from the routes, which are the focus of the game for me.
Guitar and video games.

Winter

Favorite Region:

Kanto    6 (27.3%)
Johto    7 (31.8%)
Hoenn    5 (22.7%)
Sevii Islands    0 (0%)
Sinnoh    3 (13.6%)
Unova    1 (4.5%)

Total Voters: 22

New Poll up.

Roz~

What is your favorite Eeveelution?
Eevee.
Lolwat.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Winter

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman