News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Pokemon Polls

Started by Winter, November 26, 2010, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you the most useful Hidden machine is?

Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength
Flash
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Rock Smash
Dive
Defog
Rock Climb

SlowPokemon

Serebii's Pokemon of the Week is what sells me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

Bulbapedia, hands down. A lot more information, a lot easier to find said information, and generally a "cleaner" look.

Serebii's POTW is nice, but it's inferior to Smogon's Strategy Pokédex and articles. Bulbapedia doesn't seem to care much about competitive battling, but that's all fine with me. That is, after all, subject to change and subject to taste, whereas Bulbapedia is more objective. Trivia is nice too!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jub3r7

Bulbapedia, for the same reasons above.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

weird I picked bulbapedia too but there's only 2 votes

Winter

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fingerz

Serebii 'cause it's not Netspaced at my school. I can't access Bulbapedia... :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Roz~

Serebii's forums are so pig disgusting D:
And serebii's meh in general imho.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Bulbapedia is useful if you want to find out stuff, concrete, solid facts--Serebii has more of the "this is my opinion" stuff that I like to read, even if I don't agree with it. My only problem with Bulbapedia is that I already know most of the stuff there... it is easier to navigate though.

ugh I don't even dare to think about the Serebii forums. Overpopulation has NOT done them well. I like our little Celestic town forums far better.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Personally, I think Serebii is better if you just want a quick flick. I just check out the home page for the latest news...
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Cobraroll

^Yeah, the "Big three" all have their different roles:

Serebii is best if you want something new about Pokémon, due to more or less constant updates. A new read every other day or so. Also is a little more personal than the other two.
Bulbapedia has the solid facts. And images. All the info you could ever wish for, plus fun trivia. Easy to find as well, thanks to the site being searchable with cross-linking everywhere.
Smogon is more "hardcore", as it caters to competitive battling. If you want to read about the power potential in Pokémon (or just the game mechanics, down to insane details), go there. Though, it might fall into the "stop having fun, guys" territory. The Smog is always an interesting read too.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

Other: NSM

It's all the news I need.

fingerz

Quote from: Dude on March 10, 2011, 03:36:49 PMOther: NSM

It's all the news I need.
I agree. Anything you need/want to know about is here. Or on the other site I monitor. So, in all, I KNOW EVERYTHING! :D

fabbemannen

When I was working on the pokedex in crystal I used serebii, so serebii ;)

Shadoninja

the one thing I hate about serebii is that they like to rehash one giant paragraph detailing how they have indepth stuff and I think that just clutters the page.
Imagine seeing this every post:

"We have indepth details of Black City & White Forest as well as details on other Version Exclusives. We have indepth pages on Gym Leaders, the rivals, Elite Four, Team Plasma, the Seasonal cycle among many other specific help sections. We also detail all the new mechanics in the game including the new Triple Battles & Rotation Battles, Daily Swarms, Daily & Weekly Events, Entralink, a massive Battle Subway trainer catalogue, capturing and finding wild Pokémon and much more covering the entire game. We also give details on the Relocator, needed to transfer the event Pokémon to get Zorua and Zoroark and the standard PokéTransfer system.
In addition to that, we have a dedicated section of Pokéarth detailling everything in each location in the game, the ItemDex which gives details on all the items found in the game and as usual, the Pokédex which has details on all 649 Pokémon, including the 156 introduced in Black & White. These details include moves, abilities, locations and stats.
Click the picture to go to our page and navigate from there"
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman