News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Pokemon Polls

Started by Winter, November 26, 2010, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you the most useful Hidden machine is?

Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength
Flash
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Rock Smash
Dive
Defog
Rock Climb

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

Yeah pretty much, this poll will end early, Gen 3 will have a TON of choices

dahans

I don't know the game "Hey you pikachu"^^. I have never played pokemon stadium 2 either..... Thus I chose GS.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Winter

Gen 2:
Gold/Silver/Crystal    6 (85.7%)
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge    1 (14.3%)
Pokemon Stadium 2    0 (0%)
Hey You, Pikachu!    0 (0%)

Total Voters: 7

New poll in the next hour or so.

The results of this one were quite expected, I mean, Gold and Crystal were GREAT. but if they weren't a choice, I'd say Hey You Pikachu is pretty good.

Winter

And I'm gonna add some food for thought. I learned a LITTLE from these.

Gen I:

Excluding FireRed and LeafGreen, as they are remakes, Generation I is the only generation so far whose mascots are non-legendary Pokémon.
As far as release dates go, Generation I is the shortest generation in North America, partly due to the fact that Red and Blue were not released until 1998, while in Japan, they were released in 1996, and their successors, Gold and Silver, were released closer together, in 1999 in Japan and 2000 in North America. As the rest of the world's releases are more similar to the North American releases than the Japanese releases, it is also the shortest generation worldwide.
Generation I has the most amount of glitch Pokémon which are known to be obtainable without the use of an external device.
Generation I has the most extra space in the Pokémon storage system if the player captures one of each Pokémon, with 240 spots available for 151 Pokémon, leaving 89 extra spots.
Generation I is the only generation not to feature the paired versions' mascots on the title screen, but instead includes the first evolution stage of two starter Pokémon.
Generation I is the only generation without a playable female character.

Gen II:

The starters are holding an item and remain single-type Pokémon throughout their evolutions.
The total number of moves are equal to the total number of Pokémon at the time.
Each Pokémon has a different sprite in each game (save for Unown).
Fossils cannot be found. However, an Aerodactyl can be obtained through an in-game trade.
A Dragon-type pseudo-legendary was not introduced.
The National Pokédex cannot be completed without another generation, as the Kanto starters, fossil Pokémon (save for Aerodactyl), and legendary Pokémon can only be obtained from a Generation I game.

Gen III:

Generation III was the first generation to:
Include a mother and father for the main character.
Introduce two legendary trios.
Introduce two pseudo-legendaries.
Generation III does not introduce any evolved forms of Pokémon from previous generations, with the only cross-generational relatives being baby Pokémon Azurill and Wynaut.
Generation III has the largest number of main series games with five handheld games and three console games.
This generation has the highest number of main series games named after precious jewels, with the ruby, sapphire, and emerald.
Starting with Generation III, Ken Sugimori's art style shows noticeable differences from that of Generation I and II. This can be seen when when comparing the artwork for Red, Ethan, and Generation I and II Pokémon from their original games to that of those games' remakes.
Most of the Generation III Pokémon that are not in the Sinnoh Pokédex have only one sprite in the Generation IV games. Generation IV Pokémon received sprite updates in Pokémon Platinum, while Generation I and II Pokémon received updates in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Generation III had the quickest transition from Japanese to English, with only a four month gap between the Japanese and North American releases of Ruby and Sapphire.
Generation III was the only generation where the current total of known Pokémon was an even number (386).
The Generation III backsprites are revamps of those in Generation II.

Yay. Stuff.

I thought the second line in Gen 2 was interesting.

Shadoninja

Colosseum was an interesting attempt at 3D rpg, but the pacing felt so slow.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

I never played it, but that's how I felt about Gale of Darkness

Pokemon >>"XD"<<

makes me "XD"

dahans

What's Pokemon trozei? Anyway, I enjoyed playing RS. One of my favourite games. I think I have beaten it 5 times, or something like that. xD
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

That trozei link didn't work :( but I think it was some sort of puzzle game

Sekter77

Yeah, it's a puzzle game. The Bulbapedia article compares it to Yoshi's Cookie. I think you just match the faces of pokemon to clear them from the board.
I voted for R/S/E. Really the most underrated pokemon game, probably because it came off the heels of Gold/Silver which are still the best pokemon games in my opinion.
Guitar and video games.

Winter

Gen 3:

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald    4 (40%)
Fire Red/Leaf Green    5 (50%)
Pokemon Colosseum    1 (10%)
Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire    0 (0%)
Pokémon Ranger    0 (0%)
 Pokémon Trozei!    0 (0%)
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness    0 (0%)

Total Voters: 10

New poll soon!

Fire Red and Leaf green took about 300 hours of my life though, I must admit

Winter

Every player character in all Generation IV games has a Wii in his/her room, referencing its status as the current Nintendo console during the generation. This is in contrast with Generation III, in which player characters in Hoenn had a Nintendo GameCube, in Generation II the player had a Nintendo 64, while player characters in Kanto had a NES.
Generation IV is the only generation that is compatible with the generations before and after it, as it can connect to Generation III games through Pal Park and Generation V games with the PokéShifter.
Generation IV is the first generation where level 1 Pokémon are obtainable.
Generation IV is the longest Pokémon generation in at least Japan, falling only 10 days short of being four years long.
Generation IV has the most form changing Legendary Pokémon.