Main Menu

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournaments!

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 29, 2008, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZnD

I changed my mind.
Everything or nothing!

Concerto No.20 in D minor

OKAY!  All the slots have been filled, and we are ready for our tournament!  Please read the updated rules and be read for a fun filled saturday!

razer84

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on April 03, 2008, 01:17:49 PMOKAY!  All the slots have been filled, and we are ready for our tournament!  Please read the updated rules and be read for a fun filled saturday!

awesome!

damn commies.

HugoMeister

I'm guessing that ZeldaFan is only giving her code to the people she's fighting?

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

blah54

personally, i disagree to having have items on... but since that's obviously not going to change, i think we should at least change it from time battles to stock... time battles are already wrecked anyways, the self-destruct system is wrecked (i don't know if you guys know this)...

for example: let's say i hit my opponent at the very beginning of the match, promptly after, my opponent comboes me off to the side... while attempting to edgeguard me, he suicides... normally this would just result in a -1 point for him, but with the NEW system in brawl, he will still get -1 point, but I WILL GET +1 point, even though i had nothing to do with that suicide...

items are another problem all-together, especially in 1v1 because whoever gets the item first has an immediate advantage but again to repeat myself, despite my dislike for having them and my desire to have them removed, i'm not asking for them to be removed... but items + time matches = bad,  it really should be stock matches with items, or time with no items...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

Time matches aren't good for a 1v1 match, so stock should be used.  Items though, you don't get an advantage unless the other person doesn't know how to use/deflect items, which is the whole point of using them in my opinion.

me irl
[close]

blah54

here are some examples:
example: pokeball

grab the pokeball, throw it straight down (most people who know how to use them would do this as it can't be caught)... you now have to dodge the pokemon + the opponent, advantage gained, and nothing could be done to stop it save instantly killing your opponent...

example 2: assist trophy

grab and use (you don't even throw this one) and the advantage is gained...

example 3: hammer/golden hammer

grab, and chase opponent, given the stage selections (battlefield, final destination), these items are lethal (especially in the hands of someone who knows how to use them) because there is no where to run...

example 4: lightning

grab, BOOM. you're small, no way to block this one, and now you get knocked away further and have less range

example 5: star (self-explanatory)

these are some examples of how items can change the battle quickly, with little to do with how well you were doing in the match prior to the grabbing of the item... if these were 4 person matches, then by all means, items would be great, but for 1v1, they create too many advantages based off luck...

i'm just explaining how items are not "fair" , i'm not saying that it is a bad/wrong thing to include them in the tournament and how they will change the tide of the matches easily (especially because the items are set on low, the rarity increases the amount of the effect it will have on the match)...

ZnD

KefkaticFanatic

With items on low, there is a rare chance that you'll get a pokemon or a assist trophy good enough to cause a KO.  The hammer has its head fall off half the time, which is an instant kill when thrown, but the golden hammer is just ridiculous and should be turned off.  Lightining is fine to stay, as when you grab it 3 things can happen, either a) Your opponent shrinks, b) You shrink, or c) Your opponent grows (wtf).  The star should be removed, as invincibility isn't the fairest advantage.

me irl
[close]

pumpy_heart

The rules have been set.
I guess if you don't like them, you could drop out...
Anyone going to take the offer?
Ok. Tournament goes on!

KefkaticFanatic

Hum, well I hope I can remember to wake up by then on Saturday, prepare to be doomed Hugo!

:D

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Yeah, we're keeping the rules how they are, and if it turns out fine then we will have the next tourny like that.  If not, then we will change them.  I'm hoping to do a tournament every month or so.

blah54

shoot... it's this saturday? i may have to drop out, i have to go to a funeral for my great-uncle...

HugoMeister

Quote from: gamer4251prepare to be doomed Hugo!

You wish. ::)

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

razer84

is a coincidence that i'm the only Marth and i'm fighting Ike? did we get matched by out characters or something?

damn commies.