News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournaments!

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 29, 2008, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Shiny Boy

The tournament starts in about half an hour, right?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Shiny Boy

HELP. Chat causes massive internet FAILURE. I need another way to communicate.

KefkaticFanatic

Do you not have java? And did you try chatzilla? And do you have firefox?

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

Firefox yes. Chatzilla no. I think I have Java...
I've never actually *seen* the chat page, it's been blank before seizing.
Can someone at least tell me when the tourney starts?
EDIT: Chatzilla fails too. It times out before it loads.
Do I have to drop out of the tournament? I need input!

Dude

Concerto, you suck at making time rules... I have no idea when it is anymore. T_T

MetroidHunter26

I have to Drop Out T____T I have to go to the fricken store with meh parents *HUGE SIGH*  :P WE should realy plan this VERY Thourghly

ZnD

KefkaticFanatic

Silence, I dunno if you can do anything :/
I'll tell concerto when he comes that you cant get on, maybe he cant talk by pm

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

How's this:

Instead of dedicating a day to the tourny, why not make it a "long term" kinda thing.

Have anyone who wishes to participate sign up. Then create a bracket. The two individuals who are to Brawl decide on when they can do the matches. Once they do that, they post or PM concerto stating who won; the brackets are updated. Sure, it would take longer, but atleast this way everyone gets a chance to be in it.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: HugoMeister on April 05, 2008, 10:56:23 AMHow's this:

Instead of dedicating a day to the tourny, why not make it a "long term" kinda thing.

Have anyone who wishes to participate sign up. Then create a bracket. The two individuals who are to Brawl decide on when they can do the matches. Once they do that, they post or PM concerto stating who won; the brackets are updated. Sure, it would take longer, but atleast this way everyone gets a chance to be in it.

Super LONG TOURNEMENT BRAWL! I think that's the best way of doing it (Probably the only way) or is it?!?! :o What if We get everyones FC and then start the tournement now and use the bracket thing (Players will have to wait for there opponent or make a new bracket or something) so if one person is going somewhere (LIKE ME! XP) then the guy can wait or play other people then I'll play the less fortinate people who lost and get to the finals or something. You know kinda like that?

HugoMeister

Yeah, the chat room was HORRIBLE because of the tournament. Eveyone kept asking questions and yelling who won, Concerto had a hard time keeping track, and it basically gave you siezures if you looked at it for too long.

The long term tourny is the only way to do it, otherwise all hell will break loose....again.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

The long tourney is a terrible idea as it would take much too long, we just need to NOT meet in the chatroom, and have a better way of communicating whats going on.  We just need to organize it better.

me irl
[close]

MetroidHunter26

Mabey we should take this on a larger scale...

mabey we should all meet somewhere and bring wii's like an actual toruney? No?
Mabey the members who live somewhere close to eachother decide to make factions and those factions will do the a tourney and the winners of those factions could in turn fight the winners from the other ones? No? I don't know >__> (BTW I'm back)

razer84

Quote from: MetroidHunter26 on April 05, 2008, 02:54:28 PMMabey we should take this on a larger scale...

mabey we should all meet somewhere and bring wii's like an actual toruney? No?
Mabey the members who live somewhere close to eachother decide to make factions and those factions will do the a tourney and the winners of those factions could in turn fight the winners from the other ones? No? I don't know >__> (BTW I'm back)

no.

what we need to do is make it a one-day long tourney. first you fight against someone in your time zone in the morning (PM then when you are ready and work out the exact time between yourselves). then the next match n the bracket will be as close to your time zone as possible. finals will take place in the afternoon/evening and then the winner will be decided after that.

today was kinda screwy, but we could learn what to improve upon from it.

damn commies.