News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournaments!

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 29, 2008, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZnD

Shadoninja

we need to do stock matches next time, so cowards don't run away last second.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

HugoMeister

When I say "long term" I don't mean it will take a month or something, maybe a few days at most. Just enough time for everyone to get a chance to play. This "one day" thing was working fine until the night before the tourney; we lost 4 people. (I think)

Instead of rushing through the next tourney in a matter of hours, slow down and relax.

Look at sports:

Does everybody play everybody else in one day and then determine a winner? No. They play a few matches a day until the winners of their division (or whatever) play the other winners. Well, seeing as we only have like 15-20 who would join, I don't see a need for divisions.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Shiny Boy

That's why I had to drop out...they went too fast and I had no way to communicate.
I even warmed up with The Mindzeye for a little while.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Shadoninja on April 06, 2008, 07:42:28 AMwe need to do stock matches next time, so cowards don't run away last second.
teehee, me.

But yeah, time matches are only good for a 3 or 4 person match.  (I've gotten 10 kills one match and still lost because it was a stock match, the most somebody else had was 5 :|)

The only reason we lost so many people and it was so chaotic is because of the setup, and the little time before the tournament date.  You should set the day at least a week in advance so people have time to plan, and give us more than 1 hour for the actual tournament to go on.  Maybe an hour per round, so people have plenty of time to figure out when to do matches and stuff.

me irl
[close]

blah54

ok... looks like a missed a lot on what happened in the tourney... who won the tournament? or is it not finished?

and i also agree to the stock matches thing 100%.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

Heh, nobody announced it and the bracket doesn't tell us, who knows?

me irl
[close]

starpikachu

grr, I created an account too late (4/23/08) :'(
someone let me know if there is another tourney ;D

Shadoninja

if you want a brawl tourney, you should check out NoobToob's King of the Hill Weekly tourney they have.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

someone

starpikachu

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Yeah I don't know if we'll do another one anytime soon either.  Seeing as how laggy brawl is online. >_>

starpikachu

I don't know why you people keep complaining about Brawl's online play. It works fine for me. 'v :-\ v'