News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Community Minecraft Server!

Started by Sammbo101, November 15, 2010, 04:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Awesome awesome awesome. I'm going to start playing on here once I get back in a few hours.

KefkaticFanatic

Oh yea, I probably should have posted it a few days ago for you :P

Ah well.  My mountain fortress is going pretty well ^^

Protip: Don't build too much close to spawn.  Weird lag stuff and if too much is build it will crash clients when they try and join.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

I found you're fortress, I'm going to find a good place near spawn for all of us to set up a village.

WiiMan96

I made a little WiiMan hole, can't remember where from spawn exactly though. :P Fortress looks cool, Kefka, and that tower near spawn looks pretty neat. (NO I DID NOT BREAK AND ENTER WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK SUCH A THING)

By the way, my Minecraft username is Dumple96, don't bash me on there thinking I'm a griefer or anything.

Nakah

Wiiman get on! We have work to do.

WiiMan96

Nakah

Where is the server being hosted Jamaha? Finland? Just curious because of some block lag from time to time. Destroyed blocks reappearing etc. No big deal though really.

KefkaticFanatic

It's hosted on Zeta's server, which I believe he hosts on a Linux box that he owns.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

I wonder what causes the block lag then. I mean, it's usually not too bad, but it'll go through random spurts of bad lag where blocks reappear over and over again for a while.

KefkaticFanatic

That generally only happens when you are close to the spawn area.  I haven't noticed it where I've been working.  Does it happen far away?

EDIT: Actually no, it's suddenly super laggy and not loading properly for me.  I think the server is dying or something.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

Yeah no it's happening to me everywhere. I haven't dug close to spawn at all.

Edit* Also, kudos WiiMan you found a mine. I don't know if you actually realized it though, because it looks like you lit up a room with a waterfall then gave up because there was no where else visible to go. If only you had lit up the cieling, you would see that there is a pathway that reveals a massive cavern. I'll leave most of the exploring to you since I'm tired and need sleep.

WiiMan96

Yeah, I found it very tediously, especially since I was so cautious as I could hear creeper sounds where the water was coming from. :P As soon as I found it I needed to leave, I hoped you'd find it.

I'll get on and explore it a little now. :D

Jamaha

Yeah, Zeta isn't the most powerful server machine ever. It's just an old desktop from my sister's husbands's workplace.

KefkaticFanatic

There's actually a whole network of caves below the mountain I'm building on.

Ah well, it seems competent enough for playing Minecraft.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Yeah, it'll have to do for now.

Until next summer when I'm done in the army and... invest some of my savings on new stuff.