News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Grace Notes?

Started by SlowPokemon, November 10, 2010, 04:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

How do I enter a grace note in Finale??? I am very confused. ???
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Which version are you using? I don't think Notepad has it, but Allegro can enter them.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

It's fine, I don't need to anymore... check out my compositions, by the way! xD

Also, I am using the "free 30-day trial" version of Notepad 2011, since Notepad 2009 is no longer available free.

DrP

So That's why I cant read your dumb files, huh! haha

Grace notes are in the simple entry notes palette, at the end... so you have the notes, and then the tie then the triplet tool... then a grace note. you enter them normally between notes and they will go in!

SlowPokemon

...Mine only has the tie and triplet tool... -_-

Also, I was forced to get Finale Read 2011 because Dahans is using it, and then I was GOING to download Finale Notepad 2009, but it's no longer up for free download...

dahans

Why don't you use the 30 day trial of finale full 2011? xD
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Ruto

Quote from: dahans on November 11, 2010, 07:15:09 AMWhy don't you use the 30 day trial of finale full 2011? xD

Yep, might as well... :D

It seems like the notepad versions don't have the grace notes at all. Notepad 2008 is still free I think...but that won't help you enter them really.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

You can no longer download 2008 for free.

But why bother with buying Finale when you can get this, which is just as good, for free?

http://musescore.org/en/download

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

arqivus

Well, I have been using this for a while and it seems good and easy to learn but it has some flaws too:

1. You can't save files into .mus, and that would miss the point of this site(but maybe we could save files as xml and change them in Finale ??? )
2. You can't add/delete staves in a ready document
3. You can't change the instrument of a staff
4. Some unnerving things, like note duration changes
5. When adding a second voice to the staff, the work and appearance are simply clumsy
6. It sometimes crashes...

But imo it's a very nice software and I'm not so fancy about downloading Finale trial and trying to learn to use it.

SuperFireKirby

The point is its free. Which is the most important feature of all.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

You can't submit anything from it into the site. So therefore that statement was irrelevant and useless.