News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

SlowPokemon's Arrangements--NEW Ace Attorney (June 11)

Started by SlowPokemon, November 07, 2010, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I knoooow. I'll probably make an ensemble arrangement with the secondary melody on violin or something.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

VelleVette

Quote[3DS] Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Blue Bird Lamentation - [ZIP]

Very nice theme--please give me some feedback on this one.

The link on this doesn't seem to be working. Will you get it back up? I'd really like to learn how to play this song. :)

SlowPokemon

How strange. I never deleted it from Dropbox. :/ isn't the first time this has happened though.

[ZIP]

There you go! Let me know what you think!

VelleVette

Thank you! ^^ I think it sounds great, especially the part that's just the music box, and the part where the same tune is repeated lower with pedal.

SlowPokemon

[3DS]Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Title Theme (Ensemble Arrangement) - [ZIP]

Let me know what you guys think.

Nebbles

Well done! Are you planning to arrange the whole soundtrack, or key songs? There's a certain one I want to be arranged, but I don't want to pester you if you're already busy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

It can never hurt to request something! Don't necessarily count on an arrangement but sure, go ahead!

And to answer your question, my current schedule is just to arrange the title and Gloomy Manor. Haven't decided anything beyond that.

Nebbles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJNrXRRPaQ This, if you ever get the time! I thought it was the funkiest thing I've heard so far in the game!

SlowPokemon

Nebbles

SlowPokemon

Which is a good thing because I'd never even consider doing that. Lol. For some reason I hate arranging piano pieces.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 09, 2013, 07:09:17 PM[3DS]Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Title Theme (Ensemble Arrangement) - [ZIP]

There we go, now really sounds complete! Nice work. :)

And well, I plan to do "Ghostly Piano", but I haven't really started it yet. Damn, not enough time! :(

Jompa

Yo!
So Slow, this is amazing!

However, as a wind instrumentalist I cannot let stuff like this slide:

An oboe cannot play below Bb under the ledges, and and oboe is rarely used at that low range anyways - if you change it into an english horn, which basically is an oboe tuned in F, then there should be no problem, as the range the oboe part demands fits perfectly for the english horn.

The bass clarinet is an instrument that can play from the C, one octave below the written middle C, and up as good as into eternity (but there is this unofficial rule of not writing above the Bb over the ledges - which you do) - the thing about the bass clarinet is that it is not made to play the high melodies, its role is very similar the tuba's and the baritone sax's.
My point here is that one is not supposed to give a melody like that, or anything in that kinda register, to a bass clarinet, but the register you have written it in is actually ideal for a normal Bb clarinet. It couldn't be more perfect.
I suggest changing it into a normal clarinet.

Even though I don't play strings and percussion, I still wanna pick on this:

The timpani part is weird, there are usually two timpani being used at a time, and the normal maximum is four - but to play what you have written, one would actually need eight timpani! I don't know what you think about that.
The timpani part is also a bit high some places, but that really shouldn't be a problem as long as you have eight timpani.

The contrabass is at one place very high - the only problem this would cause, is the sound - but it is being pizz'ed, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I don't really see why you chose to use four cellos, I mean, the higher parts in Cello 1 & 2 would probably fit better if played by a viola - and like with the contrabass, the cello doesn't exactly sound best in the heights. But of course, that's your choice.
I also feel a bit sorry for Cello 3 - he doesn't seem to get much to do.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Something Is Wrong (Ensemble Arrangement) - [ZIP]

This arrangement will not be subject to critique, because I don't intend to do anything else with it. It took me a half hour, I was experimenting with Finale's percussion soundfonts and nothing more. If someone wants to use this to make a clean version, be my guest, but for now I just enjoy the sound of it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Hidden Land (Ensemble) - [ZIP]

THIS one, on the other hand, I would love to see some critique concerning. I enjoyed making this, as awkward as the time signature is, and hope that everyone enjoys this arrangement as it is my best arrangement from the PMD series thus far. (Which isn't hard COUGH COUGH)

TheZeldaPianist275

I haven't played Explorers of Sky, nor have I heard the original piece, but this is good.  Aside from the awful Finale playback, I like it a lot.  The subtle dynamic changes add a lot of texture.   And the pan flute is one of my favorite instruments ever.  The only thing I would suggest is not changing the time sig on measure 20; it's not worth it.  Confuses things more.

But nice job!   :D