SlowPokemon's Arrangements--NEW Ace Attorney (June 11)

Started by SlowPokemon, November 07, 2010, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Very nice.

In measure 12, there's a chromatic descent in the right hand. You would notate that with flats, not sharps. The left hand there is fine though. Also, I believe if you shrunk the page to 90% and fit 3 measures per system, you could fit the arrangement on one page.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

It's...less complete than I thought it would be... There are still several problems within this sheet:

-"Score" in the top left-hand corner needs to be deleted.
-LH part for measures 1-2 and the first note of 3 should be down an octave.
-I literally just transcribed the bass line-but for piano there can be so much more added.
-No dynamic markings.
-Measure twelve's C# should be a Db, because the figure is decending.

I told you I could do more to it, I was just busy last night with my friends. :P PM me or something.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

[NDS]Pokemon Platinum
Battle Castle (Orchestra) - [MUS][MIDI][PDF]

This is one of my favorite Pokemon pieces ever, in any game. So I decided to try to make an orchestra arrangement, as similar to the original as possible. I actually made this over a month ago, but didn't post it as the parts aren't formatted correctly for some of the instrument. But looking back at it, it actually sounds like a higher quality version of the original, and I'm proud of it. So maybe you'll get some enjoyment out of this as well.

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG THANKS to Shadoninja, master arranger, who arranged this song for piano per my request a while back. His arrangement served as a great help to make this.

Instruments used: Flute, Bb Clarinet, Mellophones, Bells, Harp, 3 Violins, Contrabass
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 28, 2012, 07:33:28 PMBIG BIG BIG BIG BIG THANKS to Shadoninja, master arranger, who arranged this song for piano per my request a while back. His arrangement served as a great help to make this.

Any time, my friend.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MaestroUGC

While I like the enthusiam put into this, labeling as an orchestral arrangment is not quite accurate. This is more of a chambe ensemble, as an orchetra usually features a full string section in addition to the winds, brass, etc. A chamber orchestra is strings plus few other instruments, so I think it can be better worked into that form.

Also, A Bass' lowest note is E1 (E under the staff for them), and while they can have drop tuning to the C below that, your lowest note has them playing a low B. While it is possible (but rarely used), it's generally good practice to use it very sparingly when you do.

Also also, why is there a violin part in the bass clef? It looks as if that's supposed to be for a cello, Is that clarinet part supposed to be a bass clarinet, because that is too low for a standard Bb Clarinet.

I do like the arrangment, very Mozartian in approach, but it looks like you need some more practice with orchestrating; though it's become apparent to me that you know what kind of sounds you want, and it's lead you in a positive direction.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

^those are precisely the reasons I didn't post it in the first place. Thanks for the feedback. :)

SlowPokemon

[NDS]Professor Layton's London Life
Title - [MUS][MIDI][PDF]

This is from the bonus Animal Crossing-like RPG that was included in Professor Layton and the Last Specter. There are a total of nine pieces from this bizarre yet charming RPG, and I think this is easily the best. It has no official title, and after deliberating between "Main Theme" and "Title," I chose the latter, as it clearly distinguishes where the song plays.

I had a lot of fun with this simple waltz piece, and I hope people have fun learning it.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 02, 2012, 05:35:09 PMIt has no official title, and after deliberating between "Main Theme" and "Title," I chose the latter, as it clearly distinguishes where the song plays.

How about something like "London Life: Title Screen" or "Title Screen (London Life) and subtitle "Professor Layton and the Last Specter". I don't think it's correct to put "London Life" as the game, since it's just the mini-RPG-minigame of a bigger game, don't know if I'm explaining it right.  :-\
Awesome arrangement, btw.  :)

SlowPokemon

Hmm, no I get you but it's actually a different game that has nothing to do with Last Specter. Think of it as two games in one package, like how Mario Bros was put with the Super Mario Bros Advance series. At the title screen, you select whether you want to play Last Specter or London Life. It's not even included in the European releases, and has a totally different staff than that of the actual game. So I hope you understand why I listed it like that :/

And thank you, it was far easier to make (and to play) than I expected

DonValentino

Yeah I see what you mean, but I disagree with the "two games in one package" statement. While I agree that Mario Bros. from the Advance series is actually a full game that released before it, I wouldn't consider London Life as a standalone game, instead I just see it as an extra, not that it was released on other platforms. And yeah the staff is different but I don't think is really relevant with this. Well, in the end is the same I guess, both options could be considered correct right?  :)

SlowPokemon

[3DS]Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Monte d'Or: Carnival Night - [MUS][MIDI][PDF]

This arrangement is three firsts:
1. The first song I've arranged from this game.
2. The first arrangement from this game on the forums.
3. The first song I've arranged from a 3DS game.

This song is lovely. I recommend you listen to the original, because the piano can't do the string part justice. It's a very pretty piece, fun and lively but also very lonely. There's something lovely and sorrowful about the way this piece spins around and around.

Anyway, it's a really simple waltz arrangement that should be fun to play as well, so have fun with it.

Bubbles

This sounds just like the songs from the Curious Village :P Are they all like this?

SlowPokemon

I know the Layton soundtracks by heart, and the only thing I would possibly see as being similar in Curious Village is Deserted Amusement Park, and that's only because it's a waltz. The town theme and everything else in that game have totally different chord progressions/themes, although all of the games have a decided French/European sound. Maybe that's what you were referring to? :/

Bubbles

It might have been that, but from what I remember (which isnt much) about the music, most of them have the staccato that isnt very sharp in the left hand as the bass line

SlowPokemon

[3DS]Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Monte d'Or: Carnival Night (Percussion + 2 Accordion + Violin) - [MUS][MIDI][PDF]

Layton fans, congregate!!!!! You should enjoy this ensemble arrangement of the wonderful theme "Monte d'Or: Carnival Night," which I made a piano solo of recently. It was a lot of fun to make this (though I have no idea how the accordion is played really, so I don't know if it's possible to play).