News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

About MIDI

Started by arqivus, November 04, 2010, 01:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arqivus

Hi, I'm new to this site, so I have a question.

If I have a MIDI file arranged, can I just post that file or do I also have to put the .mus file?

I'm not going to download Finale, because I use other software and I'm not going to post much things. Thanks.

The Deku Trombonist

May I ask what other software you use? If it's like Sibelius or something similar, just upload a MIDI and a PDF (so I know what the sheet looks like) and I'll make a .mus file out of it for you.

EDIT: Basically, the bottom line is you do need a .mus file.

arqivus

I'm using MuseScore (a bit crappy, but easy). I was able to create both Midi and pdf files.

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r34y0u8t22htosc - midi
http://www.mediafire.com/?i5shcoi937a24sg - pdf

The Deku Trombonist

Man, that's really good! :o

Quote from: arqivus on November 04, 2010, 01:52:03 PM...I'm not going to post much things...
I do hope you post more ;). I'll try to get it converted by the end of today.

dahans

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on November 04, 2010, 02:36:24 PMMay I ask what other software you use? If it's like Sibelius or something similar, just upload a MIDI and a PDF (so I know what the sheet looks like) and I'll make a .mus file out of it for you.

EDIT: Basically, the bottom line is you do need a .mus file.

How do you convert a pdf into a mus? Thanks.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The Deku Trombonist

Well, it's not really converting. More like just copying it out by hand into Finale. So, no, you can't convert a PDF to a Mus file. Apologies if I misled anyone  :P

The Deku Trombonist

And here it is. I'll assume that you want this to be submitted so I'll throw it in with the next update.  :)

Link!

arqivus

Well, thank you very much for doing that work!

dahans

I guess this won't be your last arrangement. What about downloading finale?

arqivus

I will think about it but i don't have much time for this stuff. I have to learn a lot for school. But I hope I will find some time for music  :D

dahans

Alright! :D Hope you will keep on arranging! ;)