News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

PDF Sheet Conversion Project

Started by Winter, October 27, 2010, 09:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

JaMaHa isn't going to just give out the source code or FTP access. No one in the right mind would. That's why this is a waste of time. There is no way that they'd get on the server, at least not for a long time.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Cobraroll

Well, I didn't say we could do it immediately. I guess we'll have to wait at least until JaMaHa comes home for Christmas before the first batch could eventually go up. Until then, we would have to do with MediaFire and a link to this topic on the main site. As I said, far from a perfect solution...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

master_gamer38

They all need to go up at once. Which means all of the sheets need to be fixed first. Putting up dead links is a terrible idea. This entire project needs to be postponed until ALL OF the sheets are decent quality.

Winter

It's impossible to get them all up at once MG, it's relatively simple yes, but without getting frustrated, I think I'd only finish 10 a day, and I want to put them up as I go.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Dude

I still don't understand why people bitch about having to use Finale Reader. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Ruto

1) Most people are lazy as hell (eg BAWWW I don't want to use this software!)
2) If you try to print these at school *cough* they likely won't have Finale on their machines to open the files.
3) PDF files are pretty much locked for editing so people will have a harder time stealing your sheets.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

master_gamer38

Quote from: winterkid09 on October 28, 2010, 10:15:09 AMIt's impossible to get them all up at once MG, it's relatively simple yes, but without getting frustrated, I think I'd only finish 10 a day, and I want to put them up as I go.

You just proved out point, YET AGAIN. It isn't possible to put them up as you go, because the site can't handle them at this time. JaMaHa is gone for a long time still.

There is no possible way to put them up on the site. It's not relatively simple, it'd be a ton of work, even to make a way to put them on the site. There is no way that they are going to all go up at once, and that's the only way to do it. You're only furthering prove that this project is destined to fail (at this point in time).

I've already given all of you way for you people to help out, a way that WILL be done.

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 23, 2010, 05:11:37 PMFor the next update, you may post  3 songs + ∞ Replacements you think are ready for submission.
So basically, you can submit as many songs as you want, but only 3 new ones.

Please indicate if your submission is a replacement, it makes things much easier.

I HAVE UPDATED THE FORMATTING GUIDELINES. READ THEM HERE AND FOLLOW THEM!

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and post acceptance/rejection feedback whenever I can.
6.  When we've got enough, I'll close the thread to any new submissions. (You can still make changes to your existing submissions.)
7.  I'll wait at least 1 day if any modifications need to be made and then all accepted songs will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Yeah, not that hard to help out in a practical way.

Ruto

Quote from: master_gamer38 on October 28, 2010, 02:29:16 PMYou just proved out point, YET AGAIN. It isn't possible to put them up as you go, because the site can't handle them at this time. JaMaHa is gone for a long time still.

There is no possible way to put them up on the site. It's not relatively simple, it'd be a ton of work, even to make a way to put them on the site. There is no way that they are going to all go up at once, and that's the only way to do it. You're only furthering prove that this project is destined to fail (at this point in time).

I've already given all of you way for you people to help out, a way that WILL be done.

Heh, the version of Allegro doesn't let me help out too much. Only a few sheets on this site can be opened/edited by it. Look at my first post here again. I did reformat a sheet, though I didn't change anything else. Dunno if it's ready for a resubmission.

Oh btw, we know there's no permanent place for these pdfs to go anywhere yet. It's staying on the thread until further notice, let's say.

Winter

Quote from: master_gamer38 on October 28, 2010, 02:29:16 PMYou just proved out point, YET AGAIN. It isn't possible to put them up as you go, because the site can't handle them at this time. JaMaHa is gone for a long time still.

I was referring to the conversion process, not uploading

master_gamer38

Quote from: Ruto on October 28, 2010, 02:43:39 PMHeh, the version of Allegro doesn't let me help out too much. Only a few sheets on this site can be opened/edited by it. Look at my first post here again. I did reformat a sheet, though I didn't change anything else. Dunno if it's ready for a resubmission.

Oh btw, we know there's no permanent place for these pdfs to go anywhere yet. It's staying on the thread until further notice, let's say.

I redid a sheet the other day, and I just started over completely, copying the general note scheme, and then fixing big problems.

Quote from: winterkid09 on October 28, 2010, 03:23:18 PMI was referring to the conversion process, not uploading

Okay, so you're converting sheets that are terribly written and need to be redone?

The Deku Trombonist

Any plans on submitting this sheet? I could do with some help. Even at the rate I'm going (10 sheets a day or thereabouts) it would take me about 4 months.

Ruto

Are you talking to me Deku?  If you want, I'll do it.  Leftie's not been seen for a while, right?

As for the song, the playback sounds good, but I'll have to check with Saria for accuracy since she knows this song and plays it for my doll...

master_gamer38

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 28, 2010, 03:33:18 PMAny plans on submitting this sheet? I could do with some help. Even at the rate I'm going (10 sheets a day or thereabouts) it would take me about 4 months.

I'll submit here once I'm satisfied with the general quality of the sheets here.

Winter

Quote from: master_gamer38 on October 28, 2010, 03:44:16 PMI'll submit here once I'm satisfied with the general quality of the sheets here.

Thanks man!