Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I wonder, how difficult is it converting xmls into finale? I though it was just to make the complete arrangement in musescore/sibelius or whatever, then export the xml into finale and in finale export the files again in their final shape. Is it so? Btw we should really make a tutorial on how to submit arrangements from non-finale softwares. Since we have Finale as a standard it we really need one of those tutorials to make it easier for users of other softwares to contribute.

Also has this been fixed??
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 09, 2016, 09:15:01 AMOk so my comment above wasn't that detailed, wrote it down in haste.
Here's a more detailed list of notable consoles that are missing:

Atari:
Atari 2600
Atari 5600
Atari 7600
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx

Sony:
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation Vita

Microsoft:
Xbox One

Sega:
Master System
Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Saturn

Other:
TurboGrafx-16/ PC-Engine
Neo Geo
3DO Interactive Multiplayer
Mobile

you could obviously also add these to the request boards as well, and create suitable abbreviations for them. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Jester Musician is a perfect example of a MuseScore user who's able to contribute. He makes some very polished sheets using MS that only need very minimal touch-ups in Finale.

Quote from: TooFarGann on April 17, 2016, 09:28:18 PMThat's truly unfortunate. It's like having a website dedicated to the intricacies of the Microsoft Word program, but only producing plain text files. See ya' around  ;)
If you're really drawing a comparison between sheets we've been put up and plain text files, you clearly haven't been looking at our sheets at all :3
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 18, 2016, 05:17:20 AMAlso has this been fixed??

These consoles have been added. Thank Deku next time you see him.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

The formatting guidelines have been updated to include details on formatting for piano duets and two piano arrangements, as well as template files for both.

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 08, 2016, 08:36:11 PMThe formatting guidelines have been updated to include details on formatting for piano duets and two piano arrangements, as well as template files for both.

It's a NinSheetMusic miracle. Now I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time I need to do a duet/two piano sheet.

;  ;
<
 ~

^^^
Tears of joy

Thank you to all the updaters!

Zunawe

How does one change the abbreviated name to simple roman numerals? I can't get rid of the 1 and 2, so it looks like "I 1" and "II 2." (Finale 2014)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Latios212

I think I know what you mean - under the Score Manager, uncheck the "Auto-number style" box.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Coolio! Let me know if you'd like to collab on this, I love the game and its soundtrack.
what is shitpost

Cutup

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 17, 2016, 04:09:56 PMCoolio! Let me know if you'd like to collab on this, I love the game and its soundtrack.

Yooooo, that'd be awesome. It would be great if we had the whole soundtrack on the site, but some of those songs are really difficult to arrange.
"I want you troopers to remember we are shoulder-to-shoulder on the front lines, and sometimes we may quarrel, but we are united!"

Dudeman

Hey, Cutup, welcome to the forums and all, but uh
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on June 14, 2011, 06:35:25 PMRULES:
  • You are allowed ONE post only. Subsequent posts WILL be deleted. Edit your post as necessary.
  • I'm not going to make a limit on the number of songs, but be reasonable and don't go hoarding songs for yourself.
Yeah. I'll leave this here for a few hours so hopefully you (and PDS, I suppose) can see it; then I have to delete the extra posts.

EDIT: Actually there are quite a few redundant posts in here; I'll probably clean those up as well.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

is there any reason why this can't just be used as a general place to discuss in-progress arrangements?? Like why does it have to be one post per person, that seems to defeat the point, nobody in the world is going to look through this to see what edits people have made to their posts

this rule is 5 years old i mean i dont see any point for it to exist, there's no OTHER place where people can discuss what they're arranging, because nobody looks through arrangement threads regularly for that either

Dudeman

You make a good point. I'll let it be, then.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book