Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Yugi on August 27, 2013, 04:08:32 PMIn order for you to be able to access the far faster submission process, you must fufill these criteria.

1. Your arrangments must be formatted correctly.

2. Your (more recent arrangments) must be considered of quality.

3. Your arrangments must be considered playable for someone with skill.

4. Your arrangments must be considered suitable for someone playing piano.

5. You must be considered an active member of the forum, and to have registered for more than two months.
I think those are already given. Neither Olimar nor Winter will deliberately let a sheet through that lacks one of the first four rules, and therefore they're mandatory for newbies and veterans. I'd say only the last one holds any water with regard to special criteria.

Ultimately I say that we leave it to the moderator's discretion. They're perfectly capable of doing the same job, but without putting "unalienable guidelines" in.
Long story short, I think the purpose of such guidelines is obsolete, and therefore there is no point in making any.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

The Deku Trombonist

Sorry guys, I just realised my Finale 2012 doesn't work for some reason. I'll get back to fixing submissions as soon as I redownload it etc

DonValentino

Quote from: Yugi on August 27, 2013, 04:08:32 PMIdea for the veteren submissions choosings or something?

In order for you to be able to access the far faster submission process, you must fufill these criteria.

What JDMEK5 said, let's leave that to the mods.

FierceDeity

If your two arrangements on submissions for next update have been accepted, does that mean you're clear to put two new ones up, or...?

spitllama

I won't answer for Deku and Olimar, but it would be polite to not do that and let everyone else have their stuff looked at first.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FierceDeity

Winter

By the way, we don't have any plans to start tossing people into veteran submissions in a hurry. It wouldn't mean anything if we did. We are still working out a definite acceptance process. We want this to be fair. So, definitely strive for quality during your current submissions, I am watching!

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Yugi

If my arrangments have been put through Olimar's live feedback, does that mean it needs one more approval, or two?

The Deku Trombonist

You've still gotta submit it and it still needs one mod's approval whether him or me or Winter.

Basically it doesn't change anything, but it means Olimar can instantly approve it if he wants seeing as he's already fixed it up.

Yugi

If possible. could someone please approve my sheets in the Submissions topic?

FierceDeity

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PMThis thread is Not for:
  • Asking me to look at your submissions. I will get to them when I have time now that I have a properly organised system in place.
If I were you, I'd just indicate on your post in the submissions topic that Olimar already went over them in live feedback. Either way it's 2 submissions per update, and it's not like they're gonna do the next update without approving/going over things he's gone over that are being submitted.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

yoshiregan

Hi, I'm new here. I've used NSM to read the music posted, and I'm ready to post my own arrangements. However, for some reason, I'm unable to do so. How do I post my arrangements for the next update? I couldn't find an FAQ and don't know how to add an attachment. May I get instructions?

JDMEK5

Welcome! (Sorry if I seemed upset before; I really wasn't)
As I said there, make a topic for yourself in the Personal Arrangements board, and put your arrangements in it.

Use Dropbox for all your file hosting needs.

My Arrangements