Sekter77's Arrangements (I'm back!)

Started by Sekter77, October 19, 2010, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Great job! I have suggestions for your ghost house (SMW).
I had a few things, but I think it will be easier to show you than tell you.
Just to be fancy, I made it fade out at the end. :D
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sekter77

You just made the left hand into chords right?

Some of them sound good, but others I don't really agree with. I considered adding harmonies to the song when I first made it, but I decided against it because I can't hear any chords in the original. I do like extra harmonies and stuff, but I try to stay as close to the original as possible with my arrangements. I'm just more of a transcriber than an arranger.

I appreciate the suggestion though.
Guitar and video games.

JDMEK5

Sure, I mean, it's your arrangement man, so, whatever.
I have to agree to make it as original as possible, and I guess that passed my mind when I changed it. :D
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sekter77

Good news everyone! I have completed my first year of college and am now on summer break. This means that I'll be able to devote more time to arranging for a few months. As a sign that I'm actually working, here's another Super Mario World replacement. Getting close to the end on these! It'll be nice to work on a different game for once.

{SNES} Super Mario World
Title Screen (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Guitar and video games.

Bobec

Your last one, "Title Screen" from SMW, is awesome.

Sekter77

Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

Ok. Here's two more.

Super Mario World
Vanilla Dome (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Princess Peach is Rescued (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

I'm not 100% sure on the left hand chords for Princess Peach is Rescued. Any suggestions/fixes for that would be welcome.
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

Super Mario World
Overworld (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

Since this is the overworld theme to one of the most beloved games of all time, I want it to be absolutely perfect. Please comment on anything you think is off or would like to see changed.

And any feedback on my last two arrangements would be cool too.
Guitar and video games.

Greg

I'm thinking the right hand in measures 2-3 should be an octave higher.

Also, maybe write a duet, because there are some parts that can't be played in one piano.  :-\

Anyway, this is much better than the one currently on the site... good job with it.

Sekter77

You're right about those two measures needing to be an octave higher. I'll fix that up soon.

But which parts are unplayable? I don't think there's anything overlapping or too difficult as it's written. If you want me to transcribe the other parts of the song into a duet, I could probably do that eventually. But for now, this is just to replace the one on the site. I'm glad you think it's better!
Guitar and video games.

Greg

I meant in the actual song, not your arrangement.  :P

Yours is perfectly fine.

Sekter77

Ok, I just wasn't sure. I could do a full transcription, but it'll have to wait for a bit while I finish some other stuff. And when I stop slacking off.
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

Well, I decided to stop slacking off for a while. Here's two arrangements from Kirby's Dream Land!
I've also put some songs in the In-Progress Topic to motivate myself to get some arrangements done.

{GB} Kirby’s Dream Land
Castle Lololo â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Title Screen (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

As always, critiques are very much appreciated!
Guitar and video games.

Brassman388

I've really like these arrangements. Very clean.

But, of course, the visual styles that you arrange in can be improved just a little bit.

Lololo Castle was good, It's just that when you have repeating sections like this one, you don't want it to get too cluttered sometimes. I did without the ties and made them simpler. Always remember: simpler is better. Also, when it comes to brackets, you always want the brackets in 8th notes, especially in 16th notes to remain even and balanced. This was the case with the Title theme. You have way too many 16th rests that it got redundant.

I've made several changes if you want to take a look. I've no problem with you giving feedback about the changes I've made for I'm still learning also.

Overall good work!

Lololo Castle - mus
Title Screen - mus

Sekter77

Thanks for the feedback Brassman! I'm glad you enjoyed the arrangements.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about putting the brackets in eighth notes, but the sheet does look more organized without the ties. If you could please explain a bit more about that I'd be happy to incorporate those changes in future arrangements!

As for the other changes you made in Castle Lololo, the extra octave E's in the left hand do add some nice punch to the chords in the right hand, but the root notes in the last couple of measures that go with the sixteenth note arpeggios kinda break with the flow of the song and I'll probably take them out. Even though they continue the previous bass pattern, it doesn't mesh well with the new one introduced.
Guitar and video games.