News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Sekter77's Arrangements (I'm back!)

Started by Sekter77, October 19, 2010, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sekter77

Darn. The fast notes are my favorite part!  :D But they are probably unplayable. There are some background chords I think. They're just kinda soft. I can try and figure those out and use that instead. But the middle part with just regular 16th notes can probably stay.

Thanks for your comments!

EDIT: Ok, so the bass really doesn't harmonize well with the treble at all if I simply reduce the rhythms. I think you're right about having to make something up. Unfortunately I'm not a composer so this job will have to go to someone else or be very long in waiting. I was curious as to why it wasn't already on the site, but now I know why. :P
Fortunately though, I have other songs to work on. (like replacing Chemical Plant Zone!)
Guitar and video games.

dahans

Wow I didn't know that you are an arranger! Lol! I am sorry^^.

Anyway, I listened to your "title"-theme of G/S. Well done :D! Can't complain about it^^. Send it in for submission :D.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Sekter77

Oh, that's ok. I just don't have the tenure that famous arrangers like you have around here. Thanks for stopping by though!

And thanks very much for the compliment! It's already been submitted actually. All of my arrangements except for the DKC ones are uploaded on the site so feel free to take a look!
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

It's been a while since I've done anything, so here's a classic tune that was in serious need of a redo.

{GEN} Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Chemical Plant Zone (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

Guitar and video games.

Korados

Wonderful arrangement, what a rhythmic tune, didn't know it before. Thank you very much!

Jub3r7

Wow. Good job on the dynamic markings, the arrangement is very wonderful.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

WiiMan96

Really good arrangement, Sekter! You did the piece good justice.

FallenPianist

Sekter77

Thanks guys! :D
I didn't realize this song would be so well received.

I'm still working on arranging so hopefully more sheets will come soon.
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've updated anything on the thread!
Anyway, I did some Ocarina of Time replacements and reformats a while back. All the songs I arranged from the ground up are here! Not all of them reflect the final submission, but this is just so you all know what I've been up to. (I'll put up MIDI's when I'm less lazy. Apologies to those who need them.) MIDI's are in the OP now.

{N64}The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Gerudo Valley (Replacement) â€" MUS
Goron City (Replacement) â€" MUS
Horse Race (Replacement) â€" MUS
Kaepora Gaebora (Replacement) â€" MUS

EDIT:
Here's a SMW replacement.
{SNES} Super Mario World
Valley of Bowser (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

EDIT Part 2:
{SNES} Super Mario World
Game Over (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Guitar and video games.

Korados

Gosh, two weeks and no one answers you?! These arrangements are wonderful, thank you for that replacements! Concerning Gerudo Valley: There are some e#'s you might change to f naturals. Concerning Kaepora Gaebora (what a stupid character with such a great tune ;D): Put the tempo markings rit. and a tempo over the score and not in the middle of it, I guess that's more natural.

Sekter77

I originally had the E#'s in Gerudo Valley as naturals, but I think that E# is actually more correct theory-wise. The bass chord is C# Major and the key of C# Major has an E# in it instead of an F natural. Because of that I just had the right hand stay E# also for consistency. I think that's the case anyway. Those of you with greater knowledge of theory are free to correct me.

Kaepora Gaebora has a great theme, I didn't realize how good it was until I started arranging it. I suppose I could move the tempo markings, but honestly, I've always seen them placed where they are whenever I've read music. I guess I'm not sure what the convention really is. If it really is more comfortable for people out there I can change them.

But thanks for your comments!  ;D I appreciate you taking the time to look at my arrangements.
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

And speaking of looking at arrangements, how's this one sound?

{SNES} Super Mario World
Ghost House (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

It was actually a lot of fun to arrange, but suggestions are of course welcome.
Guitar and video games.

Korados

I simply love that tune, thank you very much for that! It's so dark and sinister yet so fascinating! :D

Sekter77

I agree. Learning the notes behind it made it make a lot more sense than what the random scariness on the surface would suggest. That goes especially for the bass.
Guitar and video games.