Main Menu

NSM's Pokemon Battles/Tournaments!

Started by Roz~, October 16, 2010, 10:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

UnknownKirbyMan

I lost to FSM.
Had an error after the battle and was unable to get the replay link.
Quote from: Nakah on October 28, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
I always respect my local poison herbalist.

FSM-Reapr

Me versus UnknownKirbyMan

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers10876509
win
Ubers because Deoxys-D became one today. Mashi's Ludicolo totes gets the MVP.

UnknownKirbyMan

Yes, I didn't expect Ludicolo to be so dangerous.
The Magic Coat at the start was also nice.

FireArrow

What happened to the bracket... it looks like you've already won the whole thing FSM.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FSM-Reapr

http://challonge.com/fsmissooperbadass2

lol I have no idea how this happened

Something very sketchy is going on

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 05, 2013, 10:04:08 AMhttp://challonge.com/fsmissooperbadass2

lol I have no idea how this happened

Something very sketchy is going on
??? :P

That's rather messed up in terms of formatting.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

UnknownKirbyMan

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 05, 2013, 04:26:50 PMI guess it's fixed now... :S
Yeah, Challonge was messed up big time at the time.

FireArrow

I'm guessing this is on hold until shado comes back?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FSM-Reapr

Yugi

lets have a monotype torney shall we

For those not aware, a Monotype tournament would be one in which competitors may only use one type of Pokemon—for example, I might end up with the Bug team, and all of my Pokemon would have to be Bug-type.

At least, that's how most monotype tournaments would work. This one will be run differently in that each person may have one "wild card" Pokemon which may be of any type other than the one they are assigned. Slike used this rule, and I think it is a great addition! It means that, for example, the Grass type team has some semblance of a chance against the Fire type team.

Dual-typed Pokemon are allowed, meaning that I could use Scyther (a Bug-Flying type) on my hypothetical Bug team. Scyther would also be eligible for the Flying team. I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't be the case, but it might not have been obvious as "Mono" might imply that dual-typed pokemon wouldn't be allowed.

Post five types that you'd be happy with (in order of preference) and two that you would not want under any circumstance. If there is any way to ensure that people don't get the two types they listed in the Do not want category, I'll make it happen. When we get the 18 needed to start, I'll assign one person to each type. I'll take what's left over.

Once we get enough people to begin, there will be a 2-day period during which type trading will be allowed. If you decide to make a trade with someone, post it in the thread.

Banned Pokemon:

Spoiler
Blaziken with Speed Boost
Excadrill with Sand Rush
Everything here not including Blaziken and Excadrill
[close]

You may choose one of these

Spoiler
Anything with a Base stat total above or equa to 580
[close]

Banned moves

Spoiler
Stealth Rock (Only because this is a monotype tournament)
OHKO moves
Evasion raising moves
[close]

Banned abilities

Spoiler
Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team.
Drought and Chyrophyll on the same team.
[close]

Banned techniques (check these boxes when challenging an opponent)

Spoiler
You may not have more than one Pokemon per species. (Species Clause)

You may not put two or more different opposing Pokemon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokemon. (Sleep clause)

You may not increase your Pokemon's evasion with a move that specifically increases evasion.  Bright Powder and Lax Incense are banned.  (Evasion clause)
[close]

And I think that's it!

1. Yugi

Waddle Bro

I have a whole lot of criticism coming your way.

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 01:36:42 AMAt least, that's how most monotype tournaments would work. This one will be run differently in that each person may have one "wild card" Pokemon which may be of any type other than the one they are assigned. Slike used this rule, and I think it is a great addition! It means that, for example, the Grass type team has some semblance of a chance against the Fire type team.
I really don't like this rule. Monotype-teambuilding is all about thinking how to counter your type's weaknesses. f.e. Five Dragons and a Heatran for Steel/Fairy/Ice. And BOOM you have a pretty good hyper-offensive team.
Also saying Grass has no chance of beating a Fire-team, there's Cradily and Ludicolo. Perhaps a Rain Dance team, with Ludicolo as the main sweeper. That'd be fun to see.

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 01:36:42 AMPost five types that you'd be happy with (in order of preference) and two that you would not want under any circumstance. If there is any way to ensure that people don't get the two types they listed in the Do not want category, I'll make it happen. When we get the 18 needed to start, I'll assign one person to each type. I'll take what's left over.

Once we get enough people to begin, there will be a 2-day period during which type trading will be allowed. If you decide to make a trade with someone, post it in the thread.
Wynaut let them choose themselves what type they want to use? Also I don't think you can get 18 players to play this.

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 01:36:42 AMBanned Pokemon:

Spoiler
Blaziken with Speed Boost
Excadrill with Sand Rush
Everything here not including Blaziken and Excadrill
[close]

You may choose one of these

Spoiler
Anything with a Base stat total above or equa to 580
[close]
Not sure if you noticed, but this is the Gen V banlist. Here's the XY OU banlist:
Spoiler
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom
[close]
Sand Rush Excadrill isn't Uber-OP anymore, considering the weather nerf.
Smogon tiers Blaziken without Speed Boost Uber, I think we should do that here. It adds that "official tournament rules" feel, that I really like.
"Anything with a Base stat total above or equal to 580" In a monotype tournament, it's best not to limit choices, since you're already working with not so many options. I don't like this rule one bit.

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 01:36:42 AMBanned techniques (check these boxes when challenging an opponent)

Spoiler
You may not have more than one Pokemon per species. (Species Clause)

You may not put two or more different opposing Pokemon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokemon. (Sleep clause)

You may not increase your Pokemon's evasion with a move that specifically increases evasion.  Bright Powder and Lax Incense are banned.  (Evasion clause)
[close]
Soul Dew. Also BrightPowder and Lax Incense aren't officially banned, because the little 10% acc. drop.

And I think that's it!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 24, 2013, 06:32:04 AMNot sure if you noticed, but this is the Gen V banlist. Here's the XY OU banlist:
Correct me if I am mistaken Yugi, but the way his post was worked out seems to imply that this would be a Gen V monotype tournament, since there is no mention at all of Gen 6 (and because he mentioned "Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team," and "Drought and Chyrophyll on the same team"), and especially because he used the Gen V banlist instead of the XY one.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 24, 2013, 06:32:04 AM"Anything with a Base stat total above or equal to 580" In a monotype tournament, it's best not to limit choices, since you're already working with not so many options. I don't like this rule one bit.
I believe he is saying that you may choose ONE Pokémon that has a BST above or equal to 580.

And also, I actually agree with the inclusion of a "wildcard Pokémon" because I think it would stir things up a bit from the "generic" monotype tournament.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber