News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Best Nintendo Songs to Arrange for Concert Band? - MUS file up!

Started by Tangy, September 13, 2010, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sekter77

So far that sounds like a really good set! Can't wait for the finished arrangement!
Guitar and video games.

fingerz

Personally, I think one of the best songs to arrange would be "Tetris Type A", like the version off Super Smash Bros Brawl. I love that song so much and I would DIE to find a Concert Band arrangement for it!!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Tangy

Yes, I ended up putting the Tetris Type A after Gourmet Race and it turned out really well, I was really happy with that. :) I'll of course put up the finished product once this project is over.

Offkey

It might not be "Nintendo-ish" enough, but the Fire Emblem theme is very well suited for orchestras. If you don't mind more Zelda music, Outset island sounds lovely (there are some orchestrated arrangements as well).

edit: Oh yeah almost forgot, Hyrule Castle is guaranteed to sound epic. Hmm, maybe I should go and try to make an orchestra arrangement too sometime.. Oh yeah and take a look at http://www.zreomusic.com/, many epix to be found.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

fingerz

Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Tangy

Thanks for the suggestions Offkey! :) I'm really trying to cut down on this project now... since most people have arrangements that are 30-40 bars and mine's going to be at the very least about 160 haha.

The Fire Emblem theme is indeed pretty good material for this project, it's just I really can't cut that piece down any.

I've never heard Outset Island before, it's adorable haha. And Hyrule Castle is a classic... it's in Twilight Princess too, no? I was thinking of squishing as many Zelda tunes as possible towards the end... I wish I could include everything... I mean I could, but I still have to separate all of the parts (I wrote it in chords so I'd know how many of each part to put in, and what percussion to include.) and that's going to take forever.

Right now I have (game: music) Pikmin: Night Comes -> Donkey Kong Arcade: Game Start -> Super Mario World: Castle -> Super Mario World: Level Complete Fanfare -> The Legend of Zelda: Overworld -> Pokemon RBY: Pallet Town -> Pokemon RBY: Route 4 -> Paper Mario: Goomba Road -> Kirby Superstar Ultra: Gourmet Race -> Tetris: A Theme -> Super Mario RPG: Forest Maze

After this I'll put part of the "rainy day" theme from animal crossing in (the melody that's heard throughout the series part), and more Zelda of some degree. I still like Checkered Knights and Rainbow Road a lot but I honestly just need to end this because I only have two months left. I'll end it with the SSBB main theme.

fingerz

That sounds so cool! Please finish it so I can hear it! P

Tangy

The project is due next week... I'm finished the arranging part, now I just have to do the separating part (I arranged it in chords, and now I'm separating it by hand in a full score). Does anyone know if Finale Printmusic 2010 has a feature to split a full score into separate parts? I know Sibelius can do this, but I don't know about Finale. That would make it easier. Otherwise, I'll have to do that by hand too.

So, here's the final rundown of all of the video game tunes in this: (game: music) Pikmin: Night Comes -> Donkey Kong Arcade: Game Start -> Super Mario World: Castle -> Super Mario World: Level Complete Fanfare -> The Legend of Zelda: Overworld -> Pokemon RBY: Pallet Town -> Pokemon RBY: Route 4 -> Paper Mario: Goomba Road -> Kirby Superstar Ultra: Gourmet Race -> Tetris: A Theme -> Super Mario RPG: Forest Maze -> Animal Crossing: Rainy Day -> *The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley*: Song of Storms -> Saria's Song -> Epona's Song -> Song of Time -> Serenade of Water -> Bolero of Fire -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Main Theme -> *Super Mario: Overworld "Cameo"* -> Back to SSBB for the ending.

If you count the Mario overworld cameo (one bar, flute solo), that makes twenty pieces throughout this whole thing. It's just over five minutes long, and 173 bars. Thank you everybody for your suggestions! I did take them into account when arranging. :D

I'll post the finished product sometime after our band's final concert (...ever :(), sometime in early June.

fingerz

I made a duet of Route 111. You should check it out Tangy.

Brassman388

You should post a copy for all to view when you're done.

By the way, you totally missed Metroid/Super Metroid, Earthworm Jim, a few Final Fantasy pieces and Donkey Kong Country.

DrP

garlicbananas

That's awesome ;D  I can't wait to hear the finished piece.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Winter

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Tangy on May 04, 2011, 08:32:23 PMDoes anyone know if Finale Printmusic 2010 has a feature to split a full score into separate parts?

File->Extract Parts should do the trick but I'm not sure if that's in PrintMusic or only the full version. If not, send me a PM and I'll do it if you want.