News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

TWG X: HOST SIGNUPS

Started by Nakah, August 28, 2010, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 30, 2010, 12:23:14 PMYour Mafia game is no where to be seen.

Ill put it up when im on my mac

Mashi

Oh, my mistake, I could have sworn it meant something else, I may have put it in instead of ecstatic or something, I don't know.  I meant excited though.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I know! It's fine, I'm an annoying grammar freak! x)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

OK, heres the Mafia game... going back to basics

The year is 1925, in the crime riddled streets of New York City. Mafia bosses are frantically trying to get their bootleg shipments of liquor products in from Canada to stock the speakeasies. However, there is a band of US Secret Agents trying to kill these mafia bosses from making their “dough”, so small wars have been breaking out in small alleyways and in deserted buildings throughout Manhattan. The US Secret Agents were getting toppled every time, but a new section of the CIA is ready to take on things more covertly, and gain jobs in the criminal organization. The US Secret Agents have a man working as a Consigliere to the Mob Bosses, who in turn may know who these mob bosses are. The US Secret Agents also have L, the weapons expert that will cloak certain US Secret Agents at their request. 

Mafia Boss
Mafia Boss
Mafia Boss

Consigliere - Seer
L - Guardian
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent

I am contemplating of changing a "Mafia Boss" to "The Godfather"... a Master Wolf who is seer'd green (like the last game)

master_gamer38

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 30, 2010, 06:40:08 PMThe year is 1925, in the crime riddled streets of New York City. Mafia bosses are frantically trying to get their bootleg shipments of liquor products in from Canada to stock the speakeasies. However, there is a band of US Secret Agents trying to kill these mafia bosses from making their “dough”, so small wars have been breaking out in small alleyways and in deserted buildings throughout Manhattan. The US Secret Agents were getting toppled every time, but a new section of the CIA is ready to take on things more covertly, and gain jobs in the criminal organization. The US Secret Agents have a man working as a Consigliere to the Mob Bosses, who in turn may know who these mob bosses are. The US Secret Agents also have L, the weapons expert who makes preemptive strikes on the request of the Secret Agents and Radar, the computer nerd working in Langley to see how many Mob Bosses are left.

Getting Liquor wasn't difficult, prohibition was hardly enforced, also: "By 1925, in New York City alone, there were anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000 speakeasy clubs." The CIA wasn't around yet, neither were 'computers.'  A Consigliere would know the Mob Bosses, since they are basically the left hand man. A preemptive strike wouldn't be defending people, it'd be assaulting before an attack is made. And I'm also assuming Langley is Langley, Virginia, which is where the CIA headquarters are, which still isn't around yet.

You've taken events from the past, tried to put a story to them, and failed.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

DrP

You must really don't want me to host... sériusement? Quel dommage, c'est une calamité pour vous.

I try and make things nice... I know the CIA wasn't in existant then... I'm not even sure if the OSS was in existance (or even the CIG). I used the word Consigliere because it sounded cool, and its RIGHT hand man.

Computers were in existence, but too large for the average 9x13 room...

The reason why I said the Consigliere was "not able to know who the mob bosses are" is because I have to put the illusion that the Mob bosses have to be mingled with the secret agents.
Also, I am not some illiterate imbecile who doesn't know the history of the country I live in. People who lecture me out of place is an insult, very much so. You have been warned this time

Nakah

It's not that the time events are wrong in that game drp, but that the game is unbalanced with too many blues and greens.

SlowPokemon

It is pretty unbalanced, DrP, sorry.

And MG needs to stop being such a frickin' jerk about it.

DrP

Quote from: Nakah on August 31, 2010, 03:15:09 AMIt's not that the time events are wrong in that game drp, but that the game is unbalanced with too many blues and greens.

Finally! Something constructive! I'll fix it!

SuperFireKirby

I decided my idea could use a bit of tweaking.

Now, a 1:4 wolf to human ratio I'd say is pretty balanced. Plus a vigi item that can be held by any player which also helps level the playing field. Though if wolves get it, they do have an advantage, since there is a a seer item given only to humans, that would keep the game fairly balanced as well.

9:10 A.M.
A man gets a phone call. He picks up.
   "Hello?" He asks."Who is this?"
A slightly cheery, almost to the point of psychotic, male voice answers him.
   "Hello my good friend."He says."I want to play a little game"
   "Who the hell is this?"
   "I have many forms" He answers." Right now I'm your guardian angel. I would duck in about ten seconds or else you'll be shot through that window next to you"
The man becomes stricken with fear. He freezes up when suddenly he hears on the phone.
   "5"
   "4"
   "3"
   "2"
   "1"
The man ducks, when suddenly the glass shatters. He sees a bullet hole in the wall in front of him. He picks up the phone which he had dropped and shouts into it.
   "What the hell do you want?!"
   The voice answers "If you want to stay alive you'll do exactly as I say. Get out of your apartment and run down to 42nd. Go into the first alley you see. Go until you see stairs going down to a door. Go through the door and await further instructions."
The man, not knowing what else to do, listened to the voice. As he turned the corner into the alley, he heard more gun fire. He knew that someone was after him. As he raced through the door he saw 12 other people inside the small room on the other side of the door.
    One woman asked "Did you get a phone call too?"
The man nodded, and suddenly a large television screen inside the dark, musty room lit up. The silhouette of a man's face appeared.
   "Hello all" He said. "Today you shall all be part of a little social experiment. The same men who were shooting at you are in this very room. And it's up to you who were involuntarily dragged into this little game to find and kill them. Teamwork people! That. Is. The key. Without it, you're all dead meat. Quite literally in fact. Hahahaha!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Players

Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Contestant(human)
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant

Contestant

Items

Polygraph-Given to a human. Psychic item. Allows possessor to learn the number of reds left in the game.  Will be destroyed if possessor is killed. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Silenced Pistol-Can be held by anyone, allows possessor to vigi one player during each night phase. Will be destroyed if possessor is killed.. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Is there anything different?

And what is a vigi?

???

SuperFireKirby

I put a bit more specification on the items. And a Vigi is when someone had the ability to kill any player of their choice, limited to one person a night, of course.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Hrm. That's strange. Not necessarily bad. I like this better than MG's idea. xP

Can the vigi item be given to a wolf, though?

Mashi

So I decided to post what I thought about some games and such.  My main gripe right now is that many of you are adding Items, but the games aren’t Item based.  There’s really no strategy in Items in non-Item Based Games if you just use said Items as crutches.  But I’m dumb and am going to rush through everything because lazy.  If I make any mistakes in my judgements, I’ll be sure to fix them when I have the chance.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2010, 09:53:25 AMGiovanni (Master Wolf)
Rocket (Wolf)
Rocket

Gym Leader (Seer)
Mayor (Guardian)

Trainer (Human)
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer

Special Item: Max Revive--given to a random Trainer (green) at the start of the game. It allows that Trainer to resurrect another Trainer who has been wolfed (not lynched).
In this game, the Humans are given a Seer who is guarded and will probably last until the end of the game due to the Guardian and a Reviver (The Item).  The Wolves are only given a Master Wolf, and there only 10 Players.  As a best case scenario for the Humans. the Seer will only have to seer 7 Players, so the chances of seering a Wolf is 2/7 N1, then 2/5 N2, then 2/3 N3.  Even though a scenario like this isn’t very likely, it shows us at how much of an advantage the Humans can be at.  I would suggest removing the Item and adding another Human.  I would also suggest making the Wolves just a tiny bit more powerful, such as a Wolf Shaman or something like that.  Be creative.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 30, 2010, 06:40:08 PMMafia Boss
Mafia Boss
Mafia Boss

Consigliere - Seer
L - Guardian
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent
US Secret Agent

This game is also a bit Human sided.  The Seer has a 3/10 chance of seering a Wolf N1, and the number could decrease by up to three players less until every next Night Phase since he/she can trust all Green seerings.  I would suggest adding maybe a Miller and Master Wolf or as I suggested to SlowPokemon, make the Wolves a bit more powerful, with a Master Wolf and another power Wolf.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 31, 2010, 12:02:34 PMHitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Contestant(human)
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant

Contestant

Items

Polygraph-Given to a human. allows possessor to seer one person during each night phase.  Will be destroyed if possessor is killed. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Silenced PistolCan be held by anyone, allows possessor to vigi one player during each night phase. Will be destroyed if possessor is killed.. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.
I’m too tired right now, but this looks a bit interesting.  It’s a Manhunt with Items, though I’m sure more experienced players like Master_Gamer38 and Nakah wouldn’t like a game like this, for the same reason I said at the beginning of my post; the Items are being used as crutches for the Humans.  In TWG, the regular Human role is probably doing the most interrogations and having the most chats.  They won’t be able to make sure that a player was a Wolf or Human a majority of times and they have to learn how to play with their gut and use logic (And later on looooove) to find the Wolves, not seer people they feel are suspicious just to make sure.  The game can become too easy that way.

DrP

^^ Well, the quote would be too long

This is an EXACT replica of Concerto's TWG VIII, so take it up with him. I'm going to change the story, and make it more future like, it will still be mafia themed!!!

Also, I did have items to go along with it to make it less human sided, but people said no items, so yeah.