News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

TWG X: HOST SIGNUPS

Started by Nakah, August 28, 2010, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I might be able to, too! Maybe I can get Roz and Oni if I host (since its this Pokémon theme)... but I really think that the HGttG one would make a better selling point with those who arent necessarily Pokemon fans... who knows, Nakah AND Concerto may join in

Mashi

DrP

Quote from: Mashi on August 28, 2010, 07:34:38 PMGame Design > Story

I kinda figured that may be the case... but my second one is a 16 player game... dealing with four wolves adds a new challenge

master_gamer38

More wolves doesn't mean more challenge. I really don't think you understand the game fully enough to host. By adding more wolves, you're just having more players, not more difficulty.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

DrP

It can be... you just have to look at it from a different perspective. it adds extra suspicion and the 4th wolf is seer'd as green (which makes somewhat of a difference from having four reds). I understand the game completely, just because I tried putting in a curveball last game doesn't necessarily mean I won't be a bad host. I've been observing Concerto and Nakah when they were hosts, and I know there is stuff I wasn't able to see because I was actually playing a game, but that doesn't mean I can try stuff... I know how things work, and I can do some math to work on strategy. These items will add curveballs to the game (even though they may seem not fair at times). more players can add some confusion at times. we shall see (because I really dont think it has been done with 16 players)

Jub3r7

Quote by Mashi-bashi
QuoteGame Design > Story
That may be true, but the game is definitely spiced up with some interesting story. While it isn't completely necessary, neither is salt on scrambled eggs.... Scrambled eggs without salt doesn't taste that good.

What about a game where the only special role is a guardian that can't guard themselves? (That's right grammar, I even looked it up. >__<)
And maybe the special guardian can be an item that is destroyed after death, but can be passed around if you are still alive?

I'm not planning to host anything until I get at least 50 posts and a few TWG's down. I have a good story/game design in mind, but until then, I'll just stick with whatever you people have in mind. For my first TWG, I'd rather not have it EXTREMELY complicated, nor as simple as a manhunt. Does that make sense? If not, then please understand that while I might sound complicated, it won't really ever start BEING complicated until I try to start confusing you, which won't happen anytime soon, as I know if I try to confuse people in TWG they will be suspicious of me even if I am not a werewolf, which would be very unfortunate for the likes of the person who recently realized that ub3r was in the middle of his name (no not my middle name, but in the middle of my username, isn't that cool? If not, then please understand that I am thankful for you reading this very not meaningful subscript text that has not much to do with anything that is coming that represents nothing that will not come in the future.
 ;D
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 28, 2010, 08:56:42 PMQuote by Mashi-bashiThat may be true, but the game is definitely spiced up with some interesting story. While it isn't completely necessary, neither is salt on scrambled eggs.... Scrambled eggs without salt doesn't taste that good.

What about a game where the only special role is a guardian that can't guard themselves? (That's right grammar, I even looked it up. >__<)
And maybe the special guardian can be an item that is destroyed after death, but can be passed around if you are still alive?

I'm not planning to host anything until I get at least 50 posts and a few TWG's down. I have a good story/game design in mind, but until then, I'll just stick with whatever you people have in mind. For my first TWG, I'd rather not have it EXTREMELY complicated, nor as simple as a manhunt. Does that make sense? If not, then please understand that while I might sound complicated, it won't really ever start BEING complicated until I try to start confusing you, which won't happen anytime soon, as I know if I try to confuse people in TWG they will be suspicious of me even if I am not a werewolf, which would be very unfortunate for the likes of the person who recently realized that ub3r was in the middle of his name (no not my middle name, but in the middle of my username, isn't that cool? If not, then please understand that I am thankful for you reading this very not meaningful subscript text that has not much to do with anything that is coming that represents nothing that will not come in the future.
 ;D

So basically you want a game as shown in the rules thread?? an in-between from a complicated game and a manhunt

Jub3r7

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 28, 2010, 09:03:15 PMSo basically you want a game as shown in the rules thread?? an in-between from a complicated game and a manhunt
Meh, minus the psychic.  :P Sure, the psychic is cool and all, but it might as well be a cardflip game.
But a cardflip game wouldn't be much fun, as part of some people's strategy is to convince them that they are human even AFTER they die, so that way things that they said will still be taken into account.

DrP

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 28, 2010, 09:21:20 PMMeh, minus the psychic.  :P Sure, the psychic is cool and all, but it might as well be a cardflip game.
But a cardflip game wouldn't be much fun, as part of some people's strategy is to convince them that they are human even AFTER they die, so that way things that they said will still be taken into account.

Kinda like my Hitchhiker's Guide TWG??

SuperRiolu

your Mega game does look a bit excessive, but who am I kidding, it seems pretty cool. You should do your Hitchhiker's Guide TWG. It is like a normal game, but adds some items, doesn't have a psychic (IMO, a psychic seems kind of pointless), and has the mix-up of a human that is seer'd as a wolf
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

master_gamer38

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 28, 2010, 08:36:35 PMIt can be... you just have to look at it from a different perspective. it adds extra suspicion and the 4th wolf is seer'd as green (which makes somewhat of a difference from having four reds). I understand the game completely, just because I tried putting in a curveball last game doesn't necessarily mean I won't be a bad host. I've been observing Concerto and Nakah when they were hosts, and I know there is stuff I wasn't able to see because I was actually playing a game, but that doesn't mean I can try stuff... I know how things work, and I can do some math to work on strategy. These items will add curveballs to the game (even though they may seem not fair at times). more players can add some confusion at times. we shall see (because I really dont think it has been done with 16 players)

The site went down, so I can't check, but I believe that I have played in a game with 18 people. It wasn't more confusion, just more people. That's it. Having a 4th wolf doesn't really matter. Again, all you are doing is increasing the size of your game. It doesn't add more confusion or more suspicion. To keep it balanced you have to add more humans. There is a wolf to human ratio.

I still don't think we should be using items until people can handle them. They aren't necessarily a good thing. It takes a lot of work to make a good item game. Items get complex, and shouldn't be used until one fully understands how they can alter a game.

I do plan on submitting a game, I just have some things to do first.

master_gamer38

Assault on Dionysus

The one who set out from Nakylvania so long ago is nearing the end of the path. A force has been gathered to challenge Dionysus with. A way to challenge Dionysus has been found. The quest will soon be complete. Dionysus's sacred temple can be seen on top of the next hill. It's only another half day's walk.

On the way there, a soldier stops and takes a drink from a stream. There was a light that suddenly cast a form in the water. It was the Goddess Artemis. She told the soldier to step into the stream, and then get out. He did so. When he got out, he was not wet. But he felt empowered. Artemis told him that she had given him her blessing. And when they would face Dionysus, he would know when it was time to attack Dionysus directly. He thanked Artemis and caught back up with the rest.

They arrived at Dionysus's temple. The one who set out so long ago stepped forward and said: "I challenge you Dionysus! You caused hell in Nakylvania and I'm here to set things right!"

Dionysus stepped out of the shadows and said "Very well then, I accept your challenge."

There was a flash, and they were in a Colosseum. Like before, they no longer looked the same. It was to be a battle royale. Dionysus and two of his men, against the force that was assembled. "I won't let you attack me until you have defeated my men first," said Dionysus, "and that won't be an easy task either.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!"

1. Dionysus
2. Gladiator
3. Gladiator

4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human

Dionysus is a very special wolf. He is not hidden as a wolf. In the first post, I will be saying who has Dionysus's role. Dionysus gets two votes during the day phase. And cannot be lynched until the other gladiators have been lynched. This will be reflected in the story.

Armour of Artemis - This armour is held by a human at all times. The human that holds it is PM'd the number of reds at the end of each phase, this count includes Dionysus. If the holder should die, through wolfing or lynching, it is randomly given to another human. It cannot be given to another player.

SlowPokemon

Okay, it's awkward, but I have to say this.

DrP is acting like he already has the host role...when truthfully the only story I like less than his is MG's.

@MG
It's way more fun when everyone's role is a secret.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

askalice23

I dont know i like mg's game. I think it would add a sorta hatred for whoever is the non hidden wolf. Like he is in control of the game and people would want him dead, which would also make more people actually play instead of trying to fly under the radar.

Jub3r7

MG's game sounds interesting and all; although there's nothing wrong with the psychic (armour of Artemis), that means that the two gladiators won't be able to pull off any strategies that involve convincing others that they are a human AFTER they die. Does that make sense? Well, I guess this TWG would be okay.... I vote Assault on Dionysus by master_gamer38...
QuoteUntil someone can convince me otherwise...

Oh, I read your Hitchhiker's TWG, drp, but kinda forgot what it was when you deleted it.... The only thing I remember is the name of two items: The babel fish and the Vorgon's poetry. I don't even remember what they do, though.  :P