TWG IX: The Lantern Keeper

Started by Nakah, August 18, 2010, 03:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

It is probably either someone with alot of experience, or me. The world tends to work that way.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SuperRiolu

Or, they might kill the new guy, just to get me out of the way
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

DrP

I don't think they would do that... well maybe, theyre different wolves this time. I wasnt lynched in the last game until my identity was found, so that was that

Nakah

The men awoke the next morning to a fowl smelling corpse in the middle of the campsite. Right there in his shoes laid Concerto, mauled to shreds by an apparent predator with razor sharp fangs. The men gasped in horror, and some threw up. One guy even passed out, but we won't say who. The men had no idea what was going on, then someone stepped forward from the trees.

The man was cloaked in white, and held a very strange luminescent lantern that glowed endlessly of green. He smiled and spoke "Yes, your friend is dead. I am the keeper of these woods, and werewolves killed your friend. You have been infected, and three of you are secretly werewolves. Every night they will awake as monsters, and someone shall die. Concerto was first. The only way to rid this problem is to find and defeat these wolves. I have given three of you lanterns in your tent last night. Use them to your aid, and beware exposing the knowledge they bestow." With that he began to laugh to himself.

The men did not say a word. They all were focused on the brilliant light that emitted from the lantern. Even the men who found the lanterns that the Strange Man had placed in their tents that morning were hypnotized by this glow which was unlike any other.

The Strange Man then stopped grinning and said very seriously while pointing up to the moon: "Time is passing, soon they will awake."

Then he vanished.

--------------------------------------

Night is over. Concerto is dead. It is now Day 1. Day ends Saturday @ 9:00p.m. EST.

DrP

universe-X

Blah, easy first move from the wolves on killing Concerto >_> So, right now, we know that Concerto is not a wolf... This is gonna be a hard game. ;D

SlowPokemon

Indeed. But the odds are not tipped in the wolves' direction, either....
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

jake3343

1. Mashi
2. Concerto No. 20 in D Minor
3. Universe-x
4. SlowPokemon
5. Drpamplemousse
6. Master_Gamer38
7. SuperFireKirby
8. SuperRiolu
9. Jake3343
10. Askalice23

Okay, it's time to start doing things.

Seer: I'm hoping that you seer'd someone last night, and that you aren't Concerto. Remember, you can't go to this person (assuming this person was green) because there is a masterwolf. If you seer someone red, try and convince others to vote for him.

I'm wondering if the light keepers should reveal a wolf if they find one. It would only reveal two them (The wolf, and the one who reveals him), so the strange man would not know them all. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

safety on mashi

Mashi

I'm going to agree with Jake about the Light Keeper seerings.  The chances of the Strange Man guessing them all correctly is extremely low, especially this early in the game.

Speaking of which, I also hope that the Light Keepers are strategizing amongst themselves.  Such as who they should seer, suspicions, etc.
Doing so will hopefully aid them in finding the Wolves and who they believe are Human so there won't be need to seer them (The reason I say this is because if the small chance that a Wolf and the Seer are holding Lanterns and the Seer is seered, we'll lose the Seer.  The chances of this happening are relatively low unless the Wolves play shrewdly and the Seer just happens to be picked as Light Keeper, but I prefer we try to be safe nonetheless).

Now, lets say you seer someone Green, Seer or Light Keepers.  Do you just throw this seering away as useless, or will you use it to an advantage?  I would disagree with the former option.  There is one Master Wolf and 5 Humans (Unless Concerto was Human), so even blindly guessing who to trust will probably end up beneficial.  Not to mention, you all know how many Players act as a Wolf already, don't you all?  I'm sure that you could learn who's who with a bit of sleuthing.

Trust is one of the most important aspects of TWG.  Lanterns are the closest thing to an alliance we have, but for the most part, it's invisible.  The non-Lanterns need to be able to form their own group or alliance of people, so even if there is some sort of Wolf in the group, you at least have a Human ally or two then.

Sorry if my post came out oddly, but I'm in a small rush right now.  I'm hoping other players will also discuss a few things about the game as well, it helps to differentiate you as a Wolf or Human that way.

SuperFireKirby

Safety on Jake3343 for now.

Unlike Mahsi, I'm noty a big fan of alliances, as they tend to have a way of screwing the humans over in the end. Look back at previous TWG's and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And can a wolf hold a lantern, as it was never specified whether one could or could not in the game. The difference could be substantial, so I think it's good to have it clariffied.

Now, if a wolf cannot hold a lantern, which I'm just guessing that one can, but if it can't then it's important for the lantern keepers to keep a strong alliance.

If a wolf can hold a lantern, then it may be a good idea for the lantern keepers to seer each other. That way, you can make sure you know who to trust, as well as the possibility of weeding out a wolf early on in the game.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

A wolf can hold a lantern. And people with lanterns have to discuss amongst themselves who to seer. 1 person to seer. So, I'm guessing the wolf has to take themselves out of it.

No vote for now.

askalice23

safety on ux

will change as soon as more activity arises.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: universe-X on August 20, 2010, 08:43:36 AMA wolf can hold a lantern. And people with lanterns have to discuss amongst themselves who to seer. 1 person to seer. So, I'm guessing the wolf has to take themselves out of it.

No vote for now.
The lantern holders should get themselves out of the way. It may take three nights but it would be worth it. And if one lantern holder refuses to vote for themselves after being chosen to be seer'd that night... wolf.

universe-X

Quote from: askalice23 on August 20, 2010, 10:37:36 AMsafety on ux
Delicious.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 20, 2010, 11:01:19 AMThe lantern holders should get themselves out of the way. It may take three nights but it would be worth it. And if one lantern holder refuses to vote for themselves after being chosen to be seer'd that night... wolf.
Well, I don't know if it's a good idea to just announce that "I had a lantern last night, this person hesitated!" But... man... this needs a whole new field of strategy. I love it! :D

Still no vote. Will probably decide tomorrow.

universe-X

Also, SlowPokemon & drp! We should hear somethings from you 2. We need activity!