News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG IX SIGN UPS

Started by Nakah, August 15, 2010, 05:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

This is now the sign up thread.

TWG IX: The Lantern Keeper

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark and murky night when the strange man stepped out the door from his cabin and began walking on a dirt path leading deeper through the woods. The man had lived in these woods for years innumerable, not even the ever-growing trees could remember a time when he had not lived amongst them. Though the ages passed and the trees continued to grow taller and taller, he had always lived amongst them, protecting them and watching over the rest of the woods in walks during the night. Tonight was one of those nights. With him he carried a single lantern, but not an ordinary lantern, for this particular one had a bright green light emit from it. With it, he was truly the Keeper of the Forest.

It was on this particular night that the strange man had an encounter that which he had never had before. As he walked along the path through the dark creeping and twisting trees in the night, he saw a dim red light glowing far off in the distance. The strange man paused for a moment and held his lantern up to his eye level, and wincing he peered through the luminous green light and saw what the lantern revealed. A camp site, 10 men full, all of whom were drinking and cheering and dancing the night away around a great big bonfire.

The strange man began to grin, and put the lantern out.

Meanwhile, the men far off at the camp site continued their drink and song and merry time, enjoying the isolation and security of the woods. When it became too dark to see beyond the bonfire's glow, the men began to settle in their tents. Each of the men possessed their own tent, with one pillow and a small lantern. The last of the men put out his lantern and closed his eyes and went to sleep.

The sounds of owls and other mysterious predators filled the night, as the fog set in around the camp and the men all slept cozily.

*Shuffle* *Crackle* *Snap*

A figure glided it's way through the bushes and towards the camp.

Everything fell silent.

"AHHH!!!" A man awoke screaming in his tent, and awaking the others he ran out in horror and grabbed a torch. All of the other men quickly rushed out with torches and found the man sitting in the fetal position on the ground in the middle of the camp. Puzzled, they asked him what caused his screaming in the middle of the night. The man said that he had a dream of an unknown creature that entered their camp during the night and had done something horrific beyond words.

The men felt fear rising from within, but reason got the best of their hearts, and they discarded his ill omen as a mere dream, and readily went back to sleep. No more dreams to wake them up before morning.

The fearful man stood up from the ground and picked up his torch. He peered through the trees and into the abysmal darkness. Then suddenly his torch was blown out by a magnificent gust of wind. He jump and went to grab his knife, and just as he could pull it out, he heard the shrieking howl on the night air.

A-Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What to expect this game:

Roles:

2 Werewolves: Normal Wolves
   1 Master Wolf: Seered as green, but normal wolf
   1 Strange Man: Purpose "unknown"
   1 Seer: Sends in a PM every Night to see the color of a person's role.
   5 Campers: Normal Humans.

3 Lanterns of the Night: These Lanterns are given to three random members. Holding a Lantern allows the player to know the name of the other players with Lanterns. Every Night phase, the three players with lanterns will submit one vote each to the host in order to choose one person who is currently holding a lantern to be seer'd. The person with the most votes is then seer'd. The seering results will then be sent to the other two players with lanterns who were not seer'd. A lantern can be passed to another player through a PM to the host during the Night phase only. The players with Lanterns will always know who has the other lanterns. Whether or not they allow anyone who doesn't hold a lantern to possess their knowledge is entirely up to them.

IMPORTANT RULE, READ: The Strange Man during the Night phase will send a PM to the host guessing the names of the three players with lanterns. If he is correct and guesses all three of the players' names, then all three of those players are killed and the lanterns are lost forever. The strange man is not a human. He cannot be wolfed during the night, any attempt to wolf him will fail(and result in a wasted wolfing). He can be lynched, however, and that is the only way that he can be killed. If the strange man accurately guesses the three lantern keepers, then all reds in the game will die. This does not include the Master Wolf.

The Players:

universe-X

I'll join. ;D

Let me clarify a few things though.

1) The Strange Man cannot hold a lantern?

2) Lanterns can be transferred to other players by PM to the host. What happens after that?

3) If the game becomes 2 wolves and 2 humans and 1 strange man, do the wolves win?

Nakah

1. No the strange man can not hold a lantern, this is for reasons due to the strange man's abilities are remain mysterious to everyone else in the game but the strange man himself.

2. When you send the lantern during the night, you lose it and the person you chose receives it at the start of the Day phase. Same as passing any other item.

3. Yes, the wolves win and everyone else loses(strange man is not a wolf, either).

DrP

I definitely wanna PLAY this one... kinda want some more experience before I use my ideas (two of which are the basic generic ones with a good storyline and some extra items).

I vote Nakah should host this and get signups going ASAP!!!

universe-X

OH! This is Host sign up!? xD I thought we were joining a game! I vote Nakah's anyway :P (Unless Hugo wants to come back with his idea.)

DrP

I would submit a story, but like I said, I wanna play a bit more!

SuperFireKirby

Ehhh... I had a story, but I'm really liking Nakah's.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SuperRiolu

The story looks pretty cool, a big change from the original that Nakah described in his rules. I will vote for it. I will just need to adapt to the new Lanterns and all that other fun stuff!
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Nakah

Start signing up guys.

Make sure you bold your letters to sign up, appearing as: in.

SlowPokemon

IN

I'm so excited!

I'm assuming Nakah's host?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperRiolu

I'm in! I can't wait to play!!!
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

DrP

I AM SO IN!

Slow, youre going down this time!

Mashi

universe-X

Concerto No.20 in D minor