News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Back to school

Started by Zintendo, August 09, 2010, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 06, 2011, 04:00:45 PMI never used my locker throughout all of high school.  Too inconvenient to have to go and swap books out and load up and whatnot.
The same people who complain about this also complain about how the books are too heavy. -.-
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

KefkaticFanatic

I don't, I just deal with it :D

@Slow What the hell, you have to buy a locker?

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

XD yep, they're $10 and this year I finally convinced my mom that it was just wasting money to get one.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

They do that here sometimes...I only use it for my coat xD

I remember my school had separate textbooks to use in class and another copy for you to bring home for homework. That is, if the teachers even used textbooks.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

Yeah, I know for Sociology we can keep our textbook at home.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

I had to buy my textbooks.

And since business textbooks (and Federal Tax textbooks) are updated EVERY FREAKING YEAR, I had to get brand new ones for 2012.

There goes 500 bucks that I may see about 50% of for books in the Winter.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on September 06, 2011, 10:23:13 PMI had to buy my textbooks.

And since business textbooks (and Federal Tax textbooks) are updated EVERY FREAKING YEAR, I had to get brand new ones for 2012.

There goes 500 bucks that I may see about 50% of for books in the Winter.
Oh man, you had to buy NEW textbooks? Ouch.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Greg

...wow that's a lot of money.

Anyways, at our school, we get to pick where our locker is! So yeah I actually use my locker.  :P

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 07, 2011, 03:32:49 AMOh man, you had to buy NEW textbooks? Ouch.
The great thing about new textbooks + the way I care for them, I can sell them for a good price (so I can buy nice books for Winter Quarter that have already been used!!!)

But the best thing about my 95 dollar French Workbook (the text was 107... not much difference), I can do all the assignments separately and then SELL IT NEW!!!! for 97 dollars! Woot!

Nebbles

Quote from: gzgregory on September 07, 2011, 06:24:01 AM...wow that's a lot of money.

Anyways, at our school, we get to pick where our locker is! So yeah I actually use my locker.  :P

LUCKY

I wish we could do that ;A; I know where I'd put my locker and everything.

Roz~

We have to "buy" them too here. My friend needed one, and apparently they're all in the underground tunnels. Which is kind of awesome.

Also I have to buy my textbooks too, but I think I'm not going to sell those since apparently I'll need them throughout my 3 years at Uni and also when I'll be working.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Winter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 06, 2011, 06:50:40 PMXD yep, they're $10 and this year I finally convinced my mom that it was just wasting money to get one.

I never had a locker in high school. they were free, but the school failed to set me up with one.

Clanker37

I have a locker, but I don't use it.

Lockers are free as long as you register and put a lock on it. Nver really have to use it since my bag is HUGE.

Just a random question, does your school have Muck up Day? Where the graduating year messes around doing things like scaring younger kids and stuff?

Nebbles

That's spirit week for us. We tag underclassmen the last day of it.

As a senior I FUCKING CAN'T WAIT FOR SPIRIT WEEK

Winter

We just have Senior prank week. Where different cliques of seniors will all do something that is usually illegal to the school. Hopefully they're creative with it.