News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Touhou

Started by Dude, August 04, 2010, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Ten Desires (TH13) and Imperishable Night (TH8) are the two easiest ones imo, which are usually a good starting point.
Although I've only 1cc'd 13 on normal. I'm terrible at the games, but they're so much fun.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Static on August 10, 2016, 05:50:51 PMTen Desires (TH13) and Imperishable Night (TH8) are the two easiest ones imo, which are usually a good starting point.
Although I've only 1cc'd 13 on normal. I'm terrible at the games, but they're so much fun.
Honestly, I love what I've heard of IN's OST, so I'll probably start there.
For some reason, google really wants me to change IN's OST to IN pOST.

WaluigiTime64

Yes! Imperishable Night! That's also where I started lol. It's a bit easy, so it's a decent starting place. People also say that PCB is a good place to start as well, if you want to build your reflexes a bit.

Also yeah, IN has a good freaking amazing (overall) soundtrack, so that's definitely another reason to play it!

I was going to jokingly tell you to start with SA or UFO, but you know... that would be mean.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

InsigTurtle

Y'know, just reading through this conversation makes me want to play something again. I've always liked UFO Stage 5, I think the cards there are pretty fun. I'm a fan of Stage 5s in general.

And yeah, 13 and 8 are probably the easiest ones. Just remember to start out on easy mode if you're just beginning.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 12, 2016, 03:33:12 PMY'know, just reading through this conversation makes me want to play something again. I've always liked UFO Stage 5, I think the cards there are pretty fun. I'm a fan of Stage 5s in general.
Nice music but CURVY LASERS. Stage 5's in general are pretty good though.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 12, 2016, 03:33:12 PMAnd yeah, 13 and 8 are probably the easiest ones. Just remember to start out on easy mode if you're just beginning.
Just remembered Mountain of Faith. It's probably the easiest, if it wasn't for the Final Boss's Final SpellCard. That thing is a nightmare.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

InsigTurtle

Oh, yeah, that one card. I'm pretty sure it's actually easier on Normal mode than Easy mode.

WaluigiTime64

Wait, are you referring to "Most Valuable Vajra"? That thing with the big green lasers and THE CONSTANT SUFFERING? I'm pretty sure the curvy lasers only appeared in the (super-annoying) non-spells, and the first spell card. The rest of them had straight (but massive) lasers.

InsigTurtle

Oh, I meant that the final stage 6 card in MoF is harder in Easy mode than in Normal mode.

I actually like the card with the cross of green lasers. It's a pretty unique card. The way the lasers swing around to your position makes it harder for you if you try to go around the outside to dodge the rings of bullets.

To me, it's actually a bit surprising how difficult the curvy lasers are when compared to straight lasers. But once you get used to them, when you learn how to read them properly, they get sliiightly better.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 12, 2016, 06:49:57 PMOh, I meant that the final stage 6 card in MoF is harder in Easy mode than in Normal mode.
Agreed, that card on Easy is micro-dodging hell.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 12, 2016, 06:49:57 PMI actually like the card with the cross of green lasers. It's a pretty unique card. The way the lasers swing around to your position makes it harder for you if you try to go around the outside to dodge the rings of bullets.
It's very unique, and I appreciate it for that. Actually dodging it is a different story entirely.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 12, 2016, 06:49:57 PMTo me, it's actually a bit surprising how difficult the curvy lasers are when compared to straight lasers. But once you get used to them, when you learn how to read them properly, they get sliiightly better.
It's mainly reacting and predicting. I've gotten better at predicting, but my reaction time has barely improved from it's terrible state. There's a reason I haven't beaten PCB yet.

Maelstrom

Am I good if I got to the 3rd stage's boss on easy when playing a Touhou game for the first time?
Also, screw that 4th stage boss.

InsigTurtle

It depends on which game, but that's pretty good for a first try

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 12, 2016, 06:59:29 PMAm I good if I got to the 3rd stage's boss on easy when playing a Touhou game for the first time?
Also, screw that 4th stage boss.
Hey, that's pretty good! That's probably better than my first attempt... You're playing IN, right?
That 4th stage isn't fun. Are you playing as Reimu/Yukari (the first option)? That's probably your best bet for a first playthrough.

Maelstrom

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 12, 2016, 07:11:08 PMHey, that's pretty good! That's probably better than my first attempt... You're playing IN, right?
That 4th stage isn't fun. Are you playing as Reimu/Yukari (the first option)? That's probably your best bet for a first playthrough.
Yep. With continues, I got to the 4th stage boss, and beat it.... and hit 5:00 even. Yay.

WaluigiTime64

Well I think you're doing great, and I say you should keep at it! You really need a lot of perseverance to play these games.

P.S. Stage 5 is an absolute pain. The stage more so than the actual boss.

InsigTurtle

Oh yeah, typically, every Touhou game has a sharp difficulty spike around Stage 4. It's a lot worse in some of the other games, though.