News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on October 09, 2010, 12:53:51 PMWho said it takes us days to catch them?

Quote from: Sekter77 on October 09, 2010, 09:31:44 AMThey were epic battles, but sometimes it got kinda frustrating when day after day went by fraught with failure.

He did. ;D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

Sleep usually wasn't an option for me, but I think it helped out when I could use it. But it did take days to catch them when I could only play for about an hour every day. I say that if you can get a pokemon to a couple HP and have about 50 pokeballs each of Timer and Ultra balls, one of those 100 should be able to catch the Legendary.
Strangely, I think I've lost some patience as a gamer over the years; I really wouldn't have minded waiting that long when I was younger. Maybe because I had less important things to worry about back then.
Guitar and video games.

DrP

It once took me three days (not collectively, but about 5 hours) to catch a Ho-oh after accidentally killing it a few times, but I finally got it after 25 ultra balls and 10 timer balls!!

This Critical Catch thing is magnificent!

Jub3r7

Yeah, I had the ho-oh completely asleep too, and still wasn't able to catch it after 30 rounds with timer ball.

After 40 rounds, it killed itself.

So I went to bulbapedia, calculated the amount of moves it could use, and each time it was awake and attacking, I subtracted one.
So after about 30 minutes, it was down to extremely low hp, barely a line, it had about 2 pp left and was asleep, so I finally caught it.

That was about the third or fourth try, after either accidentally killing it OR struggle death OR something random.

But then it died... when my DS Lite... wasn't in my pocket... anymore... in the mall... with HeartGold... inside it...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

KefkaticFanatic

Oh I ragequit that fucker and just KO'd him in HeartGold.  Twice I got him asleep and at around 10 hp and used heavy balls and then ultra balls until it had to use struggle.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I don't recall having trouble with Lugia or Ho-Oh in SoulSilver...

I don't remember anything about catching Moltres, Articuno, or Zapdos...

Suicune, I don't think much of a problem...

Latios, Master Ball when I happened to run into him...

Groudon, pretty easy as it was only Lv50...

But Entei and Raikou? MY GOD I spent a whole day tracking THOSE two morons down. Even though Snorlax used Block, their Roar attacks would have effect. -_-'

And I need to get SoulSilver out again and go after Mewtwo!

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 10, 2010, 02:56:53 PMI don't recall having trouble with Lugia or Ho-Oh in SoulSilver...

I don't remember anything about catching Moltres, Articuno, or Zapdos...

Suicune, I don't think much of a problem...

Latios, Master Ball when I happened to run into him...

Groudon, pretty easy as it was only Lv50...

But Entei and Raikou? MY GOD I spent a whole day tracking THOSE two morons down. Even though Snorlax used Block, their Roar attacks would have effect. -_-'

And I need to get SoulSilver out again and go after Mewtwo!

You just had to kill them and beat the league if you didn't want to run after them.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on October 10, 2010, 04:16:00 PMYou just had to kill them and beat the league if you didn't want to run after them.

But then where would they go? ???

And nice comic, KF... lol

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 10, 2010, 05:30:50 PMBut then where would they go? ???

And nice comic, KF... lol

They "resurrect" in the Burned Tower.

SlowPokemon

SERIOUSLY?

>:(

I probably should have known that...

Oh my Arceus, that's horrible.

Roz~

You didn't know that every single interactable 'mon in the game (I don't know a about Kyogre/Rayquaza/Groudon, I should verify that) re appears when you defeat de E4?

SlowPokemon

I knew they reappeared, but I assumed Raikou and Entei would just start roaming again. xD

Roz~

The only word coming to mind is : fail.

DrP

I thought it was only for suicune!