Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

In Journalism, we were trying to come up with politically correct terms...
Some of the things people came up with included:
Instead of "Handicapped", "Physically Impaired"...
Instead of "Gay", "Flamboyant" ...
Quote from: Roz~ on October 01, 2010, 06:30:47 PMYep. The one without the mask is the female one and the "flamboyant" one's the male.
Those birds better get their gender straight...
*COUGH*
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperRiolu

this thread kinda went quiet a little bit
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Jub3r7

DrP

I don't think it was your fault... everyone's just doing stuff! Like Im in school for 7 hours today or im studying. (but why am i so tired)

I really think others don't wanna talk about the new stuff until the US names and release dates come out soon!

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Roz~

The Critical Catch features looks nice. I guess it can be helpful when going for Pokemon with a low catch rate.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Sekter77

Yeah, I just learned about that today. It really seems like an obvious idea compared with critical hits, but I never would've thought of it myself! Fortunately, I now won't have to endure any more hour long random chance tests of patience to catch the legendaries. The Regis, Giratina, and Rayquaza took me forever.
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

No, they have to make the legendaries as hard to catch as possible! D: I love those long battles...nostalgia ftw.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Most of the legendaries have a catch rate of 3, except for Reshiram/Zekrom. And imho it's going to be damn useful when you're trying to catch them in special Pokeballs (i.e Suicune in a Dive Ball).

Sekter77

They were epic battles, but sometimes it got kinda frustrating when day after day went by fraught with failure. I ended up using hundreds of pokeballs, even the ones with special powers and still it took forever. But maybe that made it feel even better when they finally were caught!
But, I do remember that my sister caught Palkia on the very first turn by throwing a Quick Ball right out of the gate. Not fair.  :P
Guitar and video games.

Jub3r7

I remember...
I was having such a hard time capturing Ho-Oh...

So I decided I would be patient. I had my Pokemon survive it's attacks until enough turns went by for a timer ball to work.

... It killed itself, using struggle.

Roz~

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 09, 2010, 11:35:35 AMI remember...
I was having such a hard time capturing Ho-Oh...

So I decided I would be patient. I had my Pokemon survive it's attacks until enough turns went by for a timer ball to work.

... It killed itself, using struggle.

Same thing happened to me. I RNged Suicune and threw over 100 Dive Balls at it. It struggled to death twice.

SlowPokemon

I am either really lucky or simply understand how to catch Pokemon better than all of you, and I know it can't be the second one. I have long battles, sure, and fraught with running out of PokeBalls, suicide Struggling... But days to catch a single Pokemon? Never. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 09, 2010, 12:44:24 PMI am either really lucky or simply understand how to catch Pokemon better than all of you, and I know it can't be the second one. I have long battles, sure, and fraught with running out of PokeBalls, suicide Struggling... But days to catch a single Pokemon? Never. :P

Who said it takes us days to catch them? Throwing 100 balls takes about 30 to 45 minutes when the desired pokemon's asleep.