News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Yorterri's mine!!!

Well... at least when (Probably Grey) comes out.

The brother of mine who is getting black will start out with Mijumaru.
The brother of mine who is getting white will start out with Tsutarja.
When I get Grey, I'm going to start out with Pokabu. My first fire type from any of the generations.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Roz~

I'm getting Mijumaru on White and Pokabu on Black, which means I'll start my Pokemon journey with Tsutaaja on Grey.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

The Wotter evolves into the least horribly ugly of the starters, so I'm just going to go with that.  But probably replace it soon anyway.  Oh, and fuck them for making another fire/fighting starter.

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

^Indeed. I was expecting an awesome Fire/Ground warthog with giant fangs and stuff. Imagine Bastiodon meets Charizard meets Primeape. Instead, we get a Magmortar/Rhyperior hybrid with a pig's head stuck on it. I'm massively disappointed. The wotter is at least original.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

HugoMeister

They're all growing on me a bit. Still love the final otter, but final pokabu is a good backup.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

DrP

Yep, I agree with the Fire/Fighting thing.... that's why I only respect Typhlosion and Charizard as GREAT fire starters!!

I went with Tsutarja with this Jap game
I will go with Mijumaru on Black and Pokabu on White... Shimama and Gogizarisu (that psychic girl) on Black!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Cobraroll on September 25, 2010, 12:43:32 PM^Indeed. I was expecting an awesome Fire/Ground warthog with giant fangs and stuff. Imagine Bastiodon meets Charizard meets Primeape. Instead, we get a Magmortar/Rhyperior hybrid with a pig's head stuck on it. I'm massively disappointed. The wotter is at least original.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 25, 2010, 02:41:26 PMYep, I agree with the Fire/Fighting thing.... that's why I only respect Typhlosion and Charizard as GREAT fire starters!!

Blaziken as the first Fire-Fighting was also great, but as it is reused twice, I can't fully appreciate Infernape or Pokabu's evolution.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

With Blaziken, it was all fine and dandy, cause it was "new". They should have changed it with Infernape and DEFINITELY with Pokabu's final evolution... they better change it for Gen VI!

SlowPokemon

It's also getting old that Fire starters get their second type on their second stage. :P

Pure Grass-type and Water-type starters were pretty different.

Raising Meganium in SoulSilver was a chore, as it's hard to battle with a Grass-type anyway, and it's Speed is atrocious. I'm super happy and satisfied with Jaroda, since its Speed is pretty high (base 113)! It's actually the highest Speed of the three Isshu starters, and the second highest stat of all of them (Emboar's Attack being the highest).

Speaking of which, Emboar will probably stick as the English name. It fits, eh?

DrP

We shall see soon  ;)

I had a great time raising Typhlosion... absolute primary fire-power!!!!

Meta-Ridley

Typhlosion is my favourite fire pokemon.

DrP

Typhlosion IS epically amazing... my favorite fire type, too!

SlowPokemon

Ninetales takes that honor for me! :D

I love the Dream World abilities--now Ninetales and Venusaur go for a great double battle pair!

(Look at their Dream World abilities if you don't know what I'm talking about)