News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 23, 2010, 10:29:09 AMAhh... La Belle Pont de la Ciel! Or for everyone else, The Beautiful Sky-Arrow Bridge... I love how you can see Hiun City in the distance... it's like im there!

Le beau pont du ciel*
Ugh, I want to continue my game... but I don't want to spoil it all... what to do, what to do. =/
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

It's all up to you... but lemme just say... Hiun City is HUGE! and the Gym is "hiding" a bit AND the Sky-Arrow bridge takes like 2 minutes to RUN across!

Roz: Whoops! I forgot it was LE pont! (Sur le pont d'avignon)

Roz~

Meh, sucks that Wargle's exclusive to White and that Black's stuck with the vultures. Hopefully I'm getting both games.

HugoMeister

Hah, me and my brother prefer the different version exclusives. Black for him, white for me.

But I still can't get him to not pick Mijumaru. ;~;

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Roz~

Haha, sucks. I need my friend to pick Tsutaaja since I'm going to pick Pokabu and Mijumaru. Hope it'll work. :P

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on September 24, 2010, 01:59:20 PMHaha, sucks. I need my friend to pick Tsutaaja since I'm going to pick Pokabu and Mijumaru. Hope it'll work. :P

That's why I picked Tsutarja (and it is confirmed on BW 001, too... Professor Araragi is pretty awesome... but Pikachu loses to a Tsutarja... haha)

I will probably go with Mijumaru on White and Pokabu on Black!

Also, I have a feeling that Mijumaru is going to be Ash's first Isshu starter... youtube BW 001 and watch the episode and you'll see why... kinda like the May/Squirtle situation!

Roz~

Haha, I've been thinking that for a long time. It was kinda obvious in all those BW previews. :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on September 24, 2010, 01:48:04 PMMeh, sucks that Wargle's exclusive to White and that Black's stuck with the vultures. Hopefully I'm getting both games.

I'm super glad because the vultures pwn. Wargle and its relative are pretty stupid. Normal-Flying types for the lose. :P

I'm just glad my brother doesn't care too much for Tsutarja. He was completely set on picking Pokabu. And then he saw its evolutions. So now he's picking Mijumaru.

He'll probably pick Pokabu the next time around. :P

I really think that Tsutarja's evolutions are way cooler than Mijumaru's. (cue KefkaticFantatic Grass Milotic jab here).

One of the reasons I love Pokemon is that everything's controversial. Everyone has different tastes (like me and Roz with the version-exclusive birds), and they are more than willing to argue their points forever.

Anyone else enjoy a heated Pokemon debate? xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

HugoMeister

Any pokemon with a mustache is pretty cool in my book.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

Just started with the emu.  Holy shit I can understand a lot more than I thought I would.

Also, there's a version of White on a private tracker that already has v2 of an English patch (battles, menus so far it looks like)

It's apparently patched to work on emulators and flash carts too.  So I don't know why your version is all weird.

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

*sigh*

I haven't had time to follow this while I was away. However, yesterday I managed to scroll through Bulbapedia looking at the new Pokémon.

I have mixed feelings for them at the moment. Hopefully, I'll manage to adapt to them like I did to the third gen. Pokémon, and to a lesser extent the fourth gen, but I think it will be harder.

Black and White seem to be more independent of the other generations than the previous generations were. It added no evolutionary relatives, and rely a lot less on the older Pokémon. That makes me kind of sad, but to new players, it might be a lot easier to get into.

Design-wise, I think Pokémon stopped for me somewhere in the third generation, perhaps even before that. I was never any fond of the design of Wobbufet or Dunsparce, for instance, and two generations later, I hardly feel any connection to any of the newcomers. Now that the fifth generation arrives, I see less and less of the known and loved Pokémon of my childhood, and more and more half-clones and hybrids (See Mamanbou. I would have accepted it if it had any connection to Luvdisc whatsoever. But no, that one is supposed to be a totally new and fresh Pokémon).

However, as far as I have understood, they have toned down the new legendaries. They aren't any more spirits of the universe and fundamental powers of the very existence in their own, but more like extraordinarily rare and powerful Pokémon - like the legendaries of the first and to some extent second generation. That's good, at least.

I also welcome the new moves and playstyles that will emerge with the new Pokémon. We see some interesting type combinations coming up, new abilities and items to make the game even more complex. I sure will enjoy that.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Wobbuffet's tail makes me think it's somehow related to Unown.

Anyway, some of them are prime WTF material, but others are original. There aren't many "cute" ones this generation, though. :P

That's why I'm taking advantage of the few there are, like Chillarmy.

And what do you guys think of Tabunne's setup and location? It's really weird, and it learns some strange moves. Not really liking it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

It's a kind of chansey/blissey and should be used as such.
I personally like the fact that we can't use any of the previous gens 'mons. It's a kind of gen 1 and I like that.

Sekter77

This game really is all about rebooting the franchise. They want to have all new mons so it can be a totally unique experience for newcomers. So, as long as you can fully distance yourself from the designs of old, the new pokemon really aren't that bad. The problem is just accepting that the pokemon games that we grew up with have changed.
Guitar and video games.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 25, 2010, 07:08:51 AMWobbuffet's tail makes me think it's somehow related to Unown.

Anyway, some of them are prime WTF material, but others are original. There aren't many "cute" ones this generation, though. :P

That's why I'm taking advantage of the few there are, like Chillarmy.

And what do you guys think of Tabunne's setup and location? It's really weird, and it learns some strange moves. Not really liking it.

Tabunne is just kind of... there. i noticed it on route 2 or something. it does give lots of EXP points if you defeat it!

Also, Chillarmy is kind of useless a bit... especially in BW in the journey. You're going to have better luck with Yorterrie. But, if you're looking for cute, then by all means and raise it