News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: HugoMeister on September 16, 2010, 03:52:00 PMLoving the Scottish Terrier, Ghost Chandelier, and Polar Bear.

And am I mistaken or are Yabakuron and Dasutodasu bags of garbage?

Nope, I think you're right. I also thought that when I first saw them. Kinda like the Grimer/Muk of this gen.

Quote from: Maretocks on September 16, 2010, 05:43:42 PMI can't believe it. I actually like this gen as a whole. A hell of a lot better than IV. These ones, as badly designed as they are, actually look like they're gonna be fun.

Haha, I agree. I can't wait to try Shanderaa, Zeburaika and Sazando... and I want to try a lot more of them :D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Washiban is a cutie! haha.

There are so many choices to choose from this time around... I can't decide who to pick... I definitely need multiple teams for this one! The evolutions of Gochirezeru look pretty cool, and that dog that looks like a pre-evolution to Growlithe can be pretty sick!

Kobaruon and Birijion look awesome... the pure flying type, however, looks kinda creepy just a bit.

Sazando looks like its going to be the "uber" of this generation

Roz~

I can't decide which 'mons to use... I think I'll buy both Black and White so I can pick more, haha. :P

KefkaticFanatic

Hahahahahahaha, the genie palette swap trio is so bad.  So are all the starters.  Luckily there are actually some pretty good ones this generation.

My favorites: badass croc, chandelier, hydra, motherfucking anteater, sarcophagus, epic turtle, genocide bug is pretty hilariously cool too.  I also like how they have "Wargle" the american bald eagle.  HMM WHAT ARE THEY SAYING THERE.

gigigear is hilariously bad, and there are a few WTFs like dasutodasu, but overall it's pretty decent.  Also I like how they didn't have worm > cocoon > flying thing again and actually got decently creative with the bug pokemon.

me irl
[close]

DrP

This is turning out to be one of the better of the Generations (the Pros outweigh the Cons... IMO)

Meta-Ridley

Could someone post the pictures on the site plz?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 16, 2010, 09:01:33 PMHahahahahahaha, the genie palette swap trio is so bad.  So are all the starters.  Luckily there are actually some pretty good ones this generation.

My favorites: badass croc, chandelier, hydra, motherfucking anteater, sarcophagus, epic turtle, genocide bug is pretty hilariously cool too.  I also like how they have "Wargle" the american bald eagle.  HMM WHAT ARE THEY SAYING THERE.

gigigear is hilariously bad, and there are a few WTFs like dasutodasu, but overall it's pretty decent.  Also I like how they didn't have worm > cocoon > flying thing again and actually got decently creative with the bug pokemon.

KF wins this topic.

I pretty much agree with all of that, except I don't think the water starter is as awful as Pokabu, I think it's pretty cool, and the grass is just like, whatever. Meh.

I was really ticked that the Grass and Water didn't get an extra type, and Fire is also Fighting AGAIN.

The coffin/sarcophagus doesn't look like something from Pokemon, but it is completely epic, no? Also, a Water-Ghost and Fire-Ghost... that's pretty cool!

Kibago becomes meh as it evolves.

The turtle? COMPLETE epicness. I also like the 3-stage frog. Gear was something I was hoping would not evolve, so it wouldn't become awful. Unfortunately, it's awful. "Gear", "Gigear", and "Gigigear"? Really?

Chillarmy becomes even cuter with evolution, hooray! Probably the Buneary of this gen.

Grass-Steel is only good for offense... Fire-types would PUMMEL it.

Also, Wargle. LOL

I'm really happy with this gen, they made it far better than gen IV.

BRING ON BLACK AND WHITE
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

^Haha yep! Probably one of the best gen along the first and the second one.

Here are my impressions on 5th gen:
-I don't think the starters are that worse as I do like Enbuoo and Daikenki. I don't really like Jalord though.
-The turtle is amazing, I'm definitely getting it in one of my teams.
-I'm kind of disappointed in Kenhorou. The male version may be more flamboyant, but it still is meh.
-I also like Zeburaika and Erufuun, probably going to get them too.
-Warubiaru, Mebukijika, Shanderaa and Sazando are so full of win, I need those too.
-Wargle is probably going to be my flying-type as the others are kind of lame, though I like what they did with Barujiina. A Dark/Flying type's pretty cool.
-The trio that is like Entei/Raikou/Suicune is okay and have interesting typings.
-The Raijin's trio is just awful. It's sad that the only pure flying-type is one of them.
-I love Kyuremu. Also, Pokemon Grey's mascot and an alternate form anyone?

So many of these Pokemon are broken (like Warubiaru and Randorosu), it's going to be fun to see them in competitive battling. I can't wait for those games... if I had money to spend right now I think I'd get the Japanese version. xp

SuperRiolu

I've been looking over serebii and it's just getting more and more amazing as time goes on! I'm kind of glad that they made Rock Smash a TM, FINALLY! I'm going to search for some ROMs since some of them are being posted.
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Roz~

^Think you could give me a link if you find any? I'd love to try 'em out!

DrP

I've been searching. It'll take a few days to actually get a good one... usually the first few are pretty shitty. Also, I think the US release date will be here by the end of the the month!

SlowPokemon

I love the vultures.

And Dive's an HM again, along with Waterfall, so I'm mad. I hate too many water HMs. :(

Jub3r7

You have to keep in mind the new water mechanic, that lets you skip over water.
So there's gonna be surf, waterfall, and dive.
I hope the new mechanic thingy isn't another HM....
If it is, all water types will become HM slaves. >_<
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Good planning on Nintendo's part--you can't trade until you've beaten the first gym.

^Isn't that neat?

Sekter77

These pokemon are vastly different than the ones I remember growing up with. However, saying that they're not awesome designs would be an outright lie. Granted there are some serious WTF pokemon in there, but the majority of pokes are ones I'd be more than happy to have in my team. There's just a ton of variety this generation. Also, grass starter for me. I don't care what anyone says, its evolution looks regally amazing and I won't be convinced otherwise.
Guitar and video games.